Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Superhero Tournament!

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Best of DC v best of Marvel
    It's the correct final and a really close one
    I really really want to say Batman and if he wins I won't be disappointed
    But we know its Wolverine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wolverine for me too such a fantastic character and to come out on top as the best Marvel character too is a massive achivement where as batman has never really had much competition on DC front even from Superman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It's batman for me. Above all other heros I consume far more batman based entertainment.

From comics to animated tv/movies to movies to video games Batman has always ruled for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Batman...

A human mind pushed to its limit who then continually pushes his body to the limit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

My childhood favorite hero vs one of my current favourites...

I think Batman would win in a fight but my heart says Wolverine.

Feck it, I vote for Wolverine! He's the best there is at what he does, and what he does isn't very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I haven't voted at all yet at any stage but have been following this most excellent thread since it started. Thank so much for your work and effort Mr. Nice Guy. Outstanding thread.

As for my vote, its a tough one. Wolverine and Batman will both still be hugely popular with generations to come while some of their contemporaries will fade away with the passing years as times and trends move on. In many ways they are two sides of the same coin and display almost identical character traits. But it is the essence of Batman that always sets him apart from 99% of superheroes. The promotion of the idea/ideal that there is a superhero in all of us, that clinches it for me.

Vote goes to Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Jaysus this is close lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Despite not having a superpower, Batman is the greatest superhero of all time. He has been reinvented in so many adaptations and was my hero as a child. The animated series still stands up to anything that has been done since. It is fantastic!!
    Wolverine is worthy of a final place but this is a no-contest for me.

Batman all the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

I've never been too fussed on Batman, he's cool enough I suppose but overrated at the same time.
    Wolverine is the better character in my book, far more relatable than a super wealthy billionaire.

So for me it's not even close, Wolverine wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

'What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I’m the Goddamn Batman.'

Despite this quote existing, my vote's for Batman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Wolverine!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gotta be Batman. Anyone Superman considers to be the most dangerous person in the world has got to be pretty damn dangerous.

Wolverine is man at his most savage. Batman is man at his most intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Batman for me, how Wolverine made it this far is just crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

From childhood all the way up the Nolans films to Ben Afflecks latest reincarnation, no fictional character comes close to Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

My first experience of cinema/film I can remember is Tim Burton's Batman when I was four years old.
    It scared the crap outta me and fascinated me as well.
    Then came the animated series in the 90s which I recorded on tape and watched and watched.
    Third time I went to the movies was Batman Forever and despite its flaws, I loved it.
    Guess I'm saying that it's the Dark Knight that's getting my vote.
    Barely though.
    As wolverine was also another childhood favourite but he knocked out my other favourite, daredevil, so he can suck it.
    Also, he'll heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

We started with 64 of the finest crime-fighters around but now we are left with just one. The superhero that the fine folks of the Boards Superheroes forum decided was the greatest of them all. And that hero is...

Batman!

250px-Comic_Art_-_Batman_by_Jim_Lee_%282002%29.png

The Dark Knight prevails! With a final score in the end of 10-7, Batman secured the win over Wolverine and proved to be the hero that this forum needs.

Wolverine certainly did not disgrace himself, though. In fact, in the early stages of the contest it looked like Wolverine was going to win; at one stage Wolverine was in the lead 4-1, then 5-3, 6-5, and even 7-6...but as he has so often done over the years, Batman found a way. And a late surge saw Gotham's hero to glory.

I mentioned previously that in the event it was a tie I would have broken the deadlock with a vote and if it had come to that, I would have gone with Batman. I loved both the Batman and X-Men animated series as a kid, but it was watching Batman on The Den after 4 p.m. or so that brought me so much enjoyment as a kid. I adored that programme and that would have sealed my vote. I'm glad, though, that it didn't come to that and that we ultimately got a decisive winner.

That then concludes the Superhero tournament. I want to thank everybody for getting involved. I was worried early on that there wouldn't be enough interest to sustain it but you folks kept it going so cheers for that.

If you enjoyed this game, I am currently putting the finishing touches to a Best Supervillain tournament and I'm looking to launch that this Thursday, April 28th, in the evening. Hopefully I'll see you around for that.

In the meantime, let's hope Alfred gets Bruce a nice brandy because he must be knackered after all that!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great job Mr.Nice Guy fair play and well done to you sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

Great job Mr.Nice Guy fair play and well done to you sir!

+1. Really enjoyed that - great game. Thanks for the effort Mr Nice Guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great game Mr Nice Guy. It was a lot of fun.

Batman is a deserving winner and I really didn't mind who would be the winner, even though I voted for Wolverine, but it was good to see that Wolverine kept up a good fight - I thought it would've been a landslide win for Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Wedgie

I've never posted in here before, but I just had to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread, and I'm currently making my way through the supervillian one.

Thanks, Mr Nice Guy.

P.S. I would have voted for Wolverine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement