Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Best Superhero Tournament!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭sonic85

Wouldn't know a whole lot about either only a little bit of what I've read and seeing watchmen which is enjoyable enough.

Jackie earl haley did a great job so im gonna vote rorschach

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Not too well versed in these two myself either, but from the little I know I'd be leaning more towards Rorschach, so he gets my vote.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I want to say Rorschach because he's a favourite of mine but it's Strange for me. Rorschach is just a sociopathic nutter in a mask with no powers and he doesn't have the resources or intellect that someone like Batman would to cover up the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I am a Rorschack fan... and as was said before, "Jackie earl haley did a great job so im gonna vote rorschach"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Although Doctor Strange is more powerful etc, Rorschach is just a more interesting character, so for that he gets my vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rorshach at last has something to be cheerful about as he advances to the next round. Next up it's two of my personal childhood favourites.

The Rocketeer

Rocketeer_%28Alex_Ross%27s_art%29.png

VS

Wolverine

Marvelwolverine.jpg

It's the stunt pilot Cliff Secord's alter ego versus the X-Men's gruff and tough claw-wielding Wolverine.

Who is the better of the two in your view? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Wolverine, hands down, one of the greatest superheroes of all.

Wolverine... No contest..!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Wolverine for me, personal favourite!

It was a tough challenge for The Rocketeer and sure enough Wolverine has torn that jetpack to shreds as he advances to Round 2. Another of the X-Men features in our next tie.

Jean Grey

250px-JeanGreyPhoenix.png

VS

Jesse Custer

34_JesseCuster.jpg

It's the hugely powerful Jean Grey aka Phoenix up against the star of the very popular Preacher comics Jesse Custer.

Who do you like in this one? Vote now.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

I think I'll have to stick with the X-Men and go for Jean Grey.

Jesse Custer....
    Anyone that forces god to answer to creation, his sins of tyranny, is ok in my book...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Jesse Custer. Purely because the Phoenix Force is possibly the most annoying aspect of marvel comics.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jesse here too, sure he can just tell her to go away. :D

Jesse Custer is blessed as he strides forth into Round 2. Next up it's a DC vs Marvel bout.

Steel

John_Henry_Irons_as_Steel.jpg

VS

Nick Fury

250px-Nickfuryshield.jpg

It's John Henry Iron's superhuman alter ego versus the leading agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., famously played by Samuel L. Jackson in recent films.

Who do you prefer? Vote now.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

For me it has to be Samuel L Jac..I mean Nick Fury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Gotta go with the bad ass Nick Fury!

Nick fury

Nick Fury dents Steel's hopes and advances. Next up it's two heroes who featured in film adaptations during the 2000s...

Hellboy

250px-Hellboy_The_Wolves_of_St_August.jpg

VS

Elektra

250px-Elektra_3.jpg

It's the wise-cracking demon Hellboy versus the twin sai-wielding love interest of Daredevil, Elektra.

Who is the better of the two? Cast your votes now.

Good god it's got to be hellboy. Not much of a contest there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hellboy..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Hellboy

Hellboy scorches Elektra to reach Round 2. Next up it's a Marvel vs DC encounter.

Mister Fantastic

250px-Reedr.jpg

VS

Captain Marvel

250px-Captainmarvel.JPG

It's the brilliant, elastic scientist Reed Richards aka Mr. Fantastic versus young Billy Batson's alter ego Captain Marvel.

Who goes through to Round 2? Vote now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Captain Marvel/Shazam for me. I generally have a smile on my face whenever he appears, apart from Kingdom Come anyway.

Mr. Fantastic for me - the Fantastic 4 get a bad rep because of the dodgy movie adaptations, which is unfortunate because the core material is solid.

I'm gonna go for Mr Fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mr Fantastic for me too.

It's too big a stretch for Captain Marvel as Mr. Fantastic figures out a way to progress. Next up we have an all-DC clash.

Batman

250px-Comic_Art_-_Batman_by_Jim_Lee_%282002%29.png

VS

Hawkman

250px-Hawkman_v4_1.jpg

It's Gotham's hero, the Dark Knight himself, Batman and he finds himself up against the reincarnated Egyptian prince who now fights crime as Hawkman.

Who advances? Vote now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Batman by a country mile.

• Advertisement

Batman, obviously. No contest.

Advertisement