Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht vs Munster, Sat 16th April 19.15, Sportsground. Sky Sports 5/TG4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Great game so far. Munster were probably the better team when 15 v 15 but their discipline cost them

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

It's very rare that the penalty try is given without any reset. Regardless, it all goes back to the Cronin card. What should have been a Munster penalty became the catalyst for Connacht getting into the game.

It was inevitable. 8 vs 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

With the time up in the half , are u allowed call a scrum? Normally see a quick tap, and never allowed go for a line out?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munster can still definitely win this one. They need to improve their discipline and establish more possession and territory, I think they can do both though. First need to keep Connacht's hands off the ball until they lose their advantage. Connacht are definitely beatable today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

The first yellow card has been the main moment of the game so far. Pretty ridiculous, a yellow card after 2 scrum penalties. The second one looked like it could have gone either way. The Connacht prop just threw himself on the ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭qwert55

First time I've seen Munster play in a while and they are really poor and leaderless. fair play to Connaught...great try

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

The Cronin yellow has cost us the game. Thought it was pretty harsh to be honest but Connacht have taken full advantage of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Are you able to kick the ball out for a line-out after the 40mins is up? I am convinced you are able to do it in Super Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

vetinari wrote: »
    The first yellow card has been the main moment of the game so far. Pretty ridiculous, a yellow card after 2 scrum penalties. The second one looked like it could have gone either way. The Connacht prop just threw himself on the ground

That was the third and Bealham was clearly pulled down

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It's very rare that the penalty try is given without any reset. Regardless, it all goes back to the Cronin card. What should have been a Munster penalty became the catalyst for Connacht getting into the game.

Wrong on all counts I'm afraid. Munster have themselves to blame for being down to 6 and penalty tries are given on the first scrum if it's a clear try.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

its_phil wrote: »
    Not Bens fault Cronin continuously scrummaging illegal.

Also that scrum was going very clearly over the try line. Buckley and Bealham having big games

Bealham blatently flopped on his belly. It should have been a Munster penalty. Whitehouse messed up the decision and changed the game in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Cracking game of rugby so far. Really enjoyable. Even down to 13 I wouldn't write off Munster but they need kilcoyne on soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

And a penalty try on the first. Munster will not win with Whitehouse reffing. It all goes back the wrongful yellow of Cronin.

Cronin was at fault. Had Whitehouse not warned previously it would have been harsh. 5 minutes earlier, he stopped the game and called all 4 props and warned that unless they changed there would be a card coming quickly.
    They were warned. Cronin made the mistake. He cant complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Seems like a game where we'll easily get 8 tries

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Munster are more than capable of winning this. Attack looks good and line speed impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭blackdog1

You mad if you think cronin didn't pull that down. Clearest penalty I've seen all year. Pulled down rolled his shoulder and hinged. Fair play to Whitehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I think Munster can absolutely win this if we can get out of Holland's sinbin unscathed. However any scrum in that period is a writeoff as it stands.

:eek::eek::confused::confused::eek::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

And a penalty try on the first. Munster will not win with Whitehouse reffing. It all goes back the wrongful yellow of Cronin.

Whitehouse knows the rules. You don't.

That explains your confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Bealham looking like the heir to Mike Ross
    Buckley making a farce of his exclusion from Irish Squad

Munster playing nice rugby at times tbf but I'm confident we can win :)
    Good game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

It's rare a penalty try is so obvious on the first put in that an officiating team of Stevie Wonder, Helen Keller and Ray Charles could clearly see it was a penalty try.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Bealham really is looking more and more like he'll end up our long term starting Irish tighthead.

Also the ref does not seem to want Munster contesting at the break down when perfectly legal. Everything is hands off, hands off. Between him and that other Welsh ref hodges, you know ure screwed before the match ever starts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Bealham looking like the heir to Mike Ross
    Buckley making a farce of his exclusion from Irish Squad

Munster playing nice rugby at times tbf but I'm confident we can win :)
    Good game

It's a cracking game!
    Go Finlay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I know there was problem with the TMO at the Leinster games. I haven't heard Ben Whitehouse speak on the match feed and he hasn't gone to the TMO in the first half. It looks like no TMO again for this game which is a bit embarrassing as a Connacht fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

blackdog1 wrote: »
    You mad if you think cronin didn't pull that down. Clearest penalty I've seen all year. Pulled down rolled his shoulder and hinged. Fair play to Whitehouse.

I'm a Munster fan and as soon as I saw that scrum I thought "wtf is Cronin doing?" YC was fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

Hell of a lot better than the fare served up by Leinster and Munster in the Aviva the other week.....

I know there was problem with the TMO at the Leinster games. I haven't heard Ben Whitehouse speak on the match feed and he hasn't gone to the TMO in the first half. It looks like no TMO again for this game which is a bit embarrassing as a Connacht fan.

It must be the case, as I thought Earls chance definitely deserved a second look as he seemed to think he scored

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Bealham really is looking more and more like he'll end up our long term starting Irish tighthead.

Clarke needs a slap if he was the one to let him go

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    Also the ref does not seem to want Munster contesting at the break down when perfectly legal. Everything is hands off, hands off. Between him and that other Welsh ref hodges, you know ure screwed before the match ever starts

Both teams cant be screwed because of a ref before a match starts !
    Smart teams who can play to the rules and the characteristics of refs arent. Lesser teams who are not up to doing that, maybe you are right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement