Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Bargains Alert Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

it is €99 in Smyths also.. Smyths are nearly the best places to buy for prices as they do scout out other shops for deals, so nine times out of ten they will be a little cheaper than most

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

I was flicking through pricescanner.ie when I came across it, happy days getting it for €89 without having to set up an account on Littlewoods!!

We came across this place last night while searching.. https://traleenurserysupplies.com/

They have a few good deals on the site, like the Graco Travel Cot is €109.00 and the Baby Jogger if anyone else is looking is €349.00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Milly33 wrote: »
    We came across this place last night while searching.. https://traleenurserysupplies.com/

They have a few good deals on the site, like the Graco Travel Cot is €109.00 and the Baby Jogger if anyone else is looking is €349.00

Their prices are always great milly, and the likes of tony kealys will price match them too which is handy!

great stuff good to know thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Mothercare having a big sale at the moment. I ordered a few newborn bits, but a lot is sold out. The website seems to be very slow so maybe its just very busy and can't cope.

http://www.mothercare.ie/sale.html

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

20% off car seats and bases in Smyths

thanks ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Hi folks. We're due our first in November. We've started to look around and pick up a few items....the buggy today for example.

My question is, how often or around when do the sales etc. tend to happen? Is there a pattern?

Looking in Mothercare and Mama's & Papa's today there seemed to be serious discounts, 40-60%. I'm inclined and had planned to wait a few months before we got everything but if the sales finish in July, we might grab it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cupcake queen

Seanie_H wrote: »
    Hi folks. We're due our first in November. We've started to look around and pick up a few items....the buggy today for example.

My question is, how often or around when do the sales etc. tend to happen? Is there a pattern?

Looking in Mothercare and Mama's & Papa's today there seemed to be serious discounts, 40-60%. I'm inclined and had planned to wait a few months before we got everything but if the sales finish in July, we might grab it now.

It seems as if there is always a sale on somewhere these days! But the summer ones that are starting now (like the Xmas ones) tend to be particularly good, in my opinion. I had my baby last January so I cleaned up in the Black Friday sales last November but that will be a bit late for you. I found a lot of things were seriously discounted then. However there may be things you can wait and get then (like a high chair for example, things you won't need straight away). Price spy is a good website for comparing the price of an item in a few shops at once. You will probably see yourself from scouting around a few websites if something is a genuine bargain or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Seanie_H wrote: »

Seanie congrats! It really depends on the buggy you want! I found bugaboo etc stayed the same price all year round! I got tony kealy to price match a uk price I saw!

I got great deals on amazon prime day previously......think that might be coming up soon so may be worth keeping your eyes peeled!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭simply_dee

3 for 2 on vitabiotics range (including pregnacare) in Lloyds pharmacies at the minute. Good time to stock up!

Was in Boots in Maynooth yesterday and they had loads of baby clothes half price!! I got loads of lovely newborn vests and baby grows and Muslins cloth, was great.

I posted this over at infant and newborn bargains

City mini double £350 on amazon, free delivery under €400!
    Black or red at this price ;)
    For the black click "other sellers" and seller is amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00G3XR8OE/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

The Aldi baby and toddler event is on tomorrow 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

michellie wrote: »
    The Aldi baby and toddler event is on tomorrow 17th.

Was very disappointed in our local one. They either got very small amounts or nothing of a Lot if the products. No pjs no soothers, no bibs. Waste of a journey

Was very disappointed in our local one. They either got very small amounts or nothing of a Lot if the products. No pjs no soothers, no bibs. Waste of a journey

Oh no, that's a pity. I got loads in Maynooth. Baby gates, travel cot, monitor, car mirrors, then loads of blankets, bibs, soothers and towels etc. Was delighted with my haul.

Himself just sent me a pic of what he got ohh im weak, cant wait to see they stuff.. Might be worth you while dori_dormer to maybe travel to other ones in nearby towns if possible

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sainsburys have 25% off all their clothes at the moment - some good prices on baby clothes.

Sainsburys have 25% off all their clothes at the moment - some good prices on baby clothes.

Do they deliver to the South?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

andreac wrote: »
    Do they deliver to the South?

NI or UK address only so Parcelmotel/Addresspal/Parcel Connect would be your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dove2011

andreac wrote: »
    Oh no, that's a pity. I got loads in Maynooth. Baby gates, travel cot, monitor, car mirrors, then loads of blankets, bibs, soothers and towels etc. Was delighted with my haul.

Did anyone buy the snuggle nest? Few left in the shop on friday might ask the OH to get it today for me

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

For those asking about the breast pumps can i just make you aware of something…

Your PHN will provide you with a brand new pump for free if requested after the birth of baby.

I was not aware of this until i melted a piece of my pump while sterilizing, i was almost in tears when PHN called to me (hormones) to check baby as i was pumping a bottle a day and it was giving me a couple of hours stretch to sleep at night while OH fed baba.

She provided me with a brand new medela single pump free! I only used the part i needed off it as i'd bought the electric swing and this was a basic model but i'd ask your local PHN offices about this if it's something you think you'll need,

Also just to note its not recommend to pump for the first 6 weeks until feeding is established but in my case i was exhausted after a traumatic labour and found bf very full on so i used to give oh a pumped bottle to do at night so i'd get some block of sleep.

24 hours only, but the code 24FLASHGAP is 40% off on Gap today. Their maternity jeans are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Minnie2017

dove2011 wrote: »
    Did anyone buy the snuggle nest? Few left in the shop on friday might ask the OH to get it today for me

I tried 5 different shops and couldn't get it. Where did you see it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

24 hours only, but the code 24FLASHGAP is 40% off on Gap today. Their maternity jeans are great.
    Thanks. Got some maternity gym gear. What are their jeans sizes like? Is a 12 a 12?

They run slightly big - I would size down one from your normal size.

Minnie2017 wrote: »
    I tried 5 different shops and couldn't get it. Where did you see it? Thanks

Don't know if you are south side but I always find aldi in Terenure always has the special buys after they come out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

They run slightly big - I would size down one from your normal size.
    Thanks Gap for being nice to sensitive sized me :D

• Advertisement

dove2011 wrote: »

We or should I say himself got one in Aldi Loughrea. They are loverly very neat but nothing you could not do yourself with one of those breasteeding pillows and a bit of a stitch

Advertisement