Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Bargains Alert Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Baby-Box/b?ie=UTF8&node=8661803031

You can get a free baby box from Amazon with this offer. It's for Prime members, but you can sign up for the month free Prime trial and then cancel at the end of the month. I found the pregnacare tablets are cheaper on Amazon than in my local chemists, so I bought 3 packs and that gave me enough to qualify for the free baby box. It should be here this week, so I can come back and update on whether the contents are any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Toots wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Baby-Box/b?ie=UTF8&node=8661803031

You can get a free baby box from Amazon with this offer. It's for Prime members, but you can sign up for the month free Prime trial and then cancel at the end of the month. I found the pregnacare tablets are cheaper on Amazon than in my local chemists, so I bought 3 packs and that gave me enough to qualify for the free baby box. It should be here this week, so I can come back and update on whether the contents are any good.
    Thanks Toots. Did it say your cart was eligible or anything? I got something and doesn't say anything about the box.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks Toots. Did it say your cart was eligible or anything? I got something and doesn't say anything about the box.

Did you do the baby wish list and select from the "eligible products" link (there's thousands of things on it but I clicked the link to make sure what I got was on it). It didn't say anything on my cart when I placed the order, but after when you go into your baby wish list there'll be a checklist on the left hand side which has "join prime" "order products" and "product dispatched" or something like that. They're checked off automatically so when your order is dispatched a button should appear below the list that you click to claim the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

I bought a medela freestyle breastpump on Amazon warehouse for £210. Which is a great price considering the cheapest I have seen them here is €395. They usually range from between €400-500. I've never been so excited to try a breast pump!!! Lol (sad I know!). I think there may be some left. Box damaged the smallest jut but product perfect and like new. Never been used etc etc.

They also have the medela swings (single) on Amazon warehouse for only £55. Which is a total bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

I've noticed that Name It clothing often have sales on where I am! They do lovely, practical baby clothes.

The baby box arrived today and it's pretty good! The Mam bottle looks good, and it came with 3 different soothers, breast pads, a Nuby bottle, water wipes, a sample tub of arse cream and a Nemo teddy. It was in a nice presentation box too - I was expecting it to all just be in a brown cardboard box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Lidl have full body pillows for €13. My local store also had a few Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Manual breast Pump for €13.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Lidl have full body pillows for €13. My local store also had a few Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Manual breast Pump for €13.

Which one? My own local lidl had none.

Any supplies in any other stores in Dublin does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

got the body pillow in Lidl in Cork today €11.99:P I'll be returning the €35 Tx Maxx one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Which one? My own local lidl had none.

Any supplies in any other stores in Dublin does anyone know?

It was in Lidl in Macroom. I'm not sure if they still have them in stock but the pillow is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Not a bargain but a comp in aid of a good cause. Worth €2https://traleenurserysupplies.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id=855

Boots have a "buy one get one half price" offer on a lot of their mini-club baby clothes at the minute.

Missed Boots at the weekend will have to try and get in there... Smyths have the Gro Egg down to €19.99 if anyone is looking, picked one up at the weekend and if seems very good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Milly33 wrote: »
    Missed Boots at the weekend will have to try and get in there... Smyths have the Gro Egg down to €19.99 if anyone is looking, picked one up at the weekend and if seems very good

I got one at the baby fair. Great little item.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Milly33 wrote: »

I have one of these bought it on amazon.com, thought I was being super clever the fecking thing is in Fahrenheit:eek: it has literally never once turned green! I live abroad so was more worried about the heat than the cold. When my son was a few days old a friend popped in and said hers a had never been green either!
    Anyway my point is its handy but don't stress about it too much. What is great is the duck thermometer for the bath (mine also in fahrenheit twat!) but went green when the temp was safe. you do learn quickly what suits your own baby but def
    helps with the piece of mind at the start.
    Handy chart for dressing them if you are using a sleeping bag, usually come with the grobags and little cardboard termometer if you buy the official grobags.
    http://slumbersac.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/tog.jpg

Phew checked our and tis fine in C so happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

The baby box arrived today and it's pretty good! The Mam bottle looks good, and it came with 3 different soothers, breast pads, a Nuby bottle, water wipes, a sample tub of arse cream and a Nemo teddy. It was in a nice presentation box too - I was expecting it to all just be in a brown cardboard box.

Did you buy your baby box or get the free one? Mine came today, through free baby box university, and there was no bottle, teddy, cream, soothers of pads. I did get a small box of pregnacare, vitamin D sample & wet wipe sample along with a cotton blanket and fitted sheet (possible water proof).

I was glad the box had bunnies on it as all the other free ones I’ve seen has butterflies - which freak me out :D

Box is adorable though!

I got the free one, but it was from Amazon, not the baby box university.

I got the free one, but it was from Amazon, not the baby box university.

Ah I see. I have a baby register but haven’t order from it yet - waiting for Cyber Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Girls on the groeggs.....I bought the avent one that can go in the bath too (on my first boy).
    I recently discovered tesco do an exact copy of it for €7!!

Last year though we got a gas boiler service with energia and got netatmo for free. They are still doing the offer if anyone is interested. You get a room thermometer that you can turn on and off your heating with (like a remote control for heating!) I can leave it in with baby be down stairs, check temperature on my phone and turn on heating from my phone if I want!!! I Love it!

Marks and spencer have 2 code YESPLEASE20 and YESPLEASE30, using both gets you 50% off (well not quite 50 but about 48%). I have bought my first baby clothes :eek::D:eek:

Marks and spencer have 2 code YESPLEASE20 and YESPLEASE30, using both gets you 50% off (well not quite 50 but about 48%). I have bought my first baby clothes :eek::D:eek:

It was showing both discounts applied but when I went to checkout it’s only the 30% coming up. They must’ve changed it.

If you spend €72 before the 30% discount use code “WELCOME10”
    You will get another €10 off!
    It’s basically €10 off €50! New email account needed

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

Millem wrote: »

Oops used my normal account. I presume they’ll cancel the order so? Seemed a bit too good to be true 😂

Just read in Irish times that the new “Evie clinic” in the beacon are offering free viability scans for pregnant women 7-12 weeks. You don’t have to sign up or anything it’s a promo to get people in the door!
    On phone so can’t post links! Evie Clinic is a genius idea....instead of having to go Coombe or rotunda private clinics to see your consultant you can just go and see them in the beacon ;)
    (Park in Dunnes Stores ;)!!)

effibear wrote: »

Oops used my normal account. I presume they’ll cancel the order so? Seemed a bit too good to be true 😂
    No the welcome10 only works on new accounts. The yesplease works on every account.

It was showing both discounts applied but when I went to checkout it’s only the 30% coming up. They must’ve changed it.
    Yes they seemed to cop on alright. With a new account you can still get about 40% off so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

No the welcome10 only works on new accounts. The yesplease works on every account.

Just got confirmation of order being delivered Thursday so fingers cross won’t be cancelled!

• Advertisement

Just read in Irish times that the new “Evie clinic” in the beacon are offering free viability scans for pregnant women 7-12 weeks. You don’t have to sign up or anything it’s a promo to get people in the door!
    On phone so can’t post links! Evie Clinic is a genius idea....instead of having to go Coombe or rotunda private clinics to see your consultant you can just go and see them in the beacon ;)
    (Park in Dunnes Stores ;)!!)
    Wish you could give birth in the beacon! I live really near there - could even walk down when labour starts if the need arose :pac:

Advertisement