Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pregnancy Bargains Alert Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Sprites wrote: »
    There's €50 off in Smyth's at the moment when you purchase the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix Group 1 car seat and the Easifix Base together. Works out at €240 for both which is a good saving considering the car seat alone is retailing for €180 to €200 in some shops

Just be careful if you plan on having baby rear facing for longer than 9 months or so - some of the maxi cosi bases only work for forward facing after 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

Oops, actually meant it's the Group 0 car seat and base that are in the bundle offer. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pricklefingers

Tommee Tippee perfect prep bottle machine €85 in Mamas & Papas, spotted it today when I was out and about.
    Seen the very same machine in Boots an hour later for €129!
    I got one last year when I was expecting and never looked back!

They also sell the filters for €11 - these are €15 in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Where's the Mamas & Papas store? I was thinking of getting that machine sometime in Boots when saw it there on sale for 115 (15 Euro off) in Boots online. That's much cheaper!

Gatica wrote: »
    Where's the Mamas & Papas store? I was thinking of getting that machine sometime in Boots when saw it there on sale for 115 (15 Euro off) in Boots online. That's much cheaper!

It was M&P Blanchardstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

M&P Also in Dundrum, and have online store. (Can't access from work to see if the deal is there or if there would be delivery cost)

I'm not in Dublin, but coincidentally will be in the area this weekend, so I'll make a point to stop over at Blanchardstown.

Thanks!

They have a click & collect option there too if ever you need it.

I use it regularly when stuff goes on sale, then just make one trip and collect it all together. (Easier to hide it on the hubbie then!)

You'll get €15 voucher when you spend over €50 (according to their website)

Jaysus I should get a job with them!

do you have a link for the Blanchardstown click and collect? I keep getting redirected to UK site for click and collect and for Blanchardstown store info it only gives store opening times.

do you have a link for the Blanchardstown click and collect? I keep getting redirected to UK site for click and collect and for Blanchardstown store info it only gives store opening times.

If you go onto mamasandpapas.com, select which colour machine you want, add to basket. Then scroll down under cluck and collect and it will give you the option to check stock, type in Blanchardstown and select. You then need to sign in to checkout securely.

It wouldn't let me copy a link (I'm on my phone so that could be why)

• Advertisement

thanks, but doesn't seem to be available for purchase online. At least when I get to the product page it says "Contact distributors and stockists in your country for availability" and no way to add to basket... hmm... maybe its cos I'm behind a proxy here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Also if you are buying anything in M&P's and spend €50 or more today and receive a €15 e-gift card to spend in store, online or by phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

thanks, but doesn't seem to be available for purchase online. At least when I get to the product page it says "Contact distributors and stockists in your country for availability" and no way to add to basket... hmm... maybe its cos I'm behind a proxy here?

Yep, it's proxy issue. I get the same if I try to check the site from work. Really frustrating

yes indeed. Had a look at home in the evening and saw the price and delivery options right away. There was no charge for delivery btw, so I just bought it for 84 to deliver it home :) I was starting to get paranoid that I couldn't navigate the website.
    thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Tesco have 12 pack boxes of huggies pure baby wipes for €8.35, that works out at less than €0.70 a pack. Happy days.

xalot wrote: »
    Tesco have 12 pack boxes of huggies pure baby wipes for €8.35, that works out at less than €0.70 a pack. Happy days.

Dealz doing a 10 pack box for €7 also

stickybean wrote: »

For anyone close to a TK Maxx I saw these for 6.99 and 8.99 yesterday. The 3 pack was €13.99 (pink only) / €20.00

Edit: Actually it's just the single one for that price so Littlewoods is a better deal if you want a two pack.

Signed up to the SMA baby club, got a really nice delivery of a hooded towel and bear shaped sponge .. also a baby elegance catalog.

• Advertisement

Boots and Lidl have good value baby events coming up now in September. Lots of Tommy Tippee goods on half price in Boots, worth having a browse online...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

stickybean wrote: »

We had this one in a different pattern and didn't use it at all, there's no head support for the baby so they tend to slump over to one side and get annoyed in it pretty quickly. We sold it after a week and bought this one (slightly reduced) and it was a lifesaver, vibrate function used to put her asleep and it was much comfier looking http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-capella-bouncer-babyplay/401182702/type-i/

Aldi baby event starting 22nd September

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Lidl baby event starting tomorrow!

Got two pairs of these:

http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Maternity-Spotted-Pyjama-Bottoms/P22452668,en_IE,pd.html

Find them very comfy and just wearing with a very top

Can anyone suggest where to get cheap-ish maternity/nursing vests? I got one on Amazon, it's not great but I don't care for £5. Then got a set from Asos and the straps in it are really stupidly designed, the loops holding the top basically stick out from under your armpit, I just don't know who thought that would be a good idea. They were 22 Euro for 2 and I'm returning them.
    I don't wanna pay 30 Euro apiece for just a vest! :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Don't get New Look ones, they sit indecently low on anyone bigger than around a D cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Im finding the h and m 2 pack tops very comfy

• Advertisement

Can anyone suggest where to get cheap-ish maternity/nursing vests? I got one on Amazon, it's not great but I don't care for £5. Then got a set from Asos and the straps in it are really stupidly designed, the loops holding the top basically stick out from under your armpit, I just don't know who thought that would be a good idea. They were 22 Euro for 2 and I'm returning them.
    I don't wanna pay 30 Euro apiece for just a vest! :(

I got a really nice black one in Penneys a few weeks ago. Went up a size as I found them quite tight fitting but at 7euro you can't go wrong.

Advertisement