Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Bargains Alert Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Toots wrote: »
    Millem wrote: »
    Just read in Irish times that the new “Evie clinic” in the beacon are offering free viability scans for pregnant women 7-12 weeks. You don’t have to sign up or anything it’s a promo to get people in the door!
    On phone so can’t post links! Evie Clinic is a genius idea....instead of having to go Coombe or rotunda private clinics to see your consultant you can just go and see them in the beacon ;)
    (Park in Dunnes Stores ;)!!)
    Wish you could give birth in the beacon! I live really near there - could even walk down when labour starts if the need arose :pac:
    Millem wrote: »
    Just read in Irish times that the new “Evie clinic” in the beacon are offering free viability scans for pregnant women 7-12 weeks. You don’t have to sign up or anything it’s a promo to get people in the door!
    On phone so can’t post links! Evie Clinic is a genius idea....instead of having to go Coombe or rotunda private clinics to see your consultant you can just go and see them in the beacon ;)
    (Park in Dunnes Stores ;)!!)
    Wish you could give birth in the beacon! I live really near there - could even walk down when labour starts if the need arose :pac:
    I think it is just a genius idea altogether. I would love my consultant to go there....but don’t think he would :( I hated going into town for my appointments. They even have a lactation consultant.

George Asda clothes have off 20% selected things. There are over 1400 items so loads!!
    Gorgeous kids clothes. They deliver to Ireland I think it is around £5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

^^^ small fitting in my opinion if ye want to keep that in mind

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Would agree there, my 19 month old has been in Asda 2-3 clothes for the last couple of months. He is tall, but a total beanpole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Tesco have buy 1 get one free on some Pampers nappies- including New baby 1, 2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The baby box arrived today and it's pretty good! The Mam bottle looks good, and it came with 3 different soothers, breast pads, a Nuby bottle, water wipes, a sample tub of arse cream and a Nemo teddy. It was in a nice presentation box too - I was expecting it to all just be in a brown cardboard box.

Where do you get the baby box from please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Any rugby fans out there?

These are reduced from 43 to 15!!!!

http://www.lifestylesports.com/en/uk/all-blacks/all-blacks-home-minikit/invt/87801613

Few good deals on Mamas and Papas buggies on Amazon in their Black Friday deals - Armadillo Flip XT2 down to just under £300, Ocarro down to £464 and the basic Armadillo for just under £120.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Few good deals on Mamas and Papas buggies on Amazon in their Black Friday deals - Armadillo Flip XT2 down to just under £300, Ocarro down to £464 and the basic Armadillo for just under £120.

Did you buy anything? I have been trying to buy all day and it won't let me. Saving €80 on the tripp trapp high chair and accessories. Won't let me pay :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Tea and cake, just so you know, Aldi do an almost identical wooden highchair for about 45eur.It's Hauck brand (check it out on Amazon).We have two of them, they have been available round early March time the last two years and they sell out quickly!They are brilliant, and you can pick up infant inserts for them on Amazon for very little.Our 3.5 year old and 19 month old have one each.I am not a big Aldi/Lidl buyer but I can definitely recommend these.

Did you buy anything? I have been trying to buy all day and it won't let me. Saving €80 on the tripp trapp high chair and accessories. Won't let me pay :(

Nope, I'm about to pull the trigger on an Out n About Nipper double from Pramworld though, £369.99 is as good as I've seen that in a long time. Just watching to see if anyone else brings out a better deal.

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    Tea and cake, just so you know, Aldi do an almost identical wooden highchair for about 45eur.It's Hauck brand (check it out on Amazon).We have two of them, they have been available round early March time the last two years and they sell out quickly!They are brilliant, and you can pick up infant inserts for them on Amazon for very little.Our 3.5 year old and 19 month old have one each.I am not a big Aldi/Lidl buyer but I can definitely recommend these.

I just completed my order (haven't gotten a confirmation email yet though). I will definitely check it out, it's my first, so kinda going all out :pac: I haven't told my husband I bought it yet. My credit card is going to cry.

Hope you get the buggy RK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

http://www.bellababy.ie/kiddyevolunaisizebaselime-p-10957.html

Kiddy I size lie flat car seat with base for 200, down from 460. Fantastic bargain for a Highly recommended car seat. Safe to stay in for long periods (unlike upright car seats).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Tea and cake, I have the Tripp trapp and the Hauck, and while the Hauck is a great copy, the Tripp trapp is still far better! It will last longer, and if you’ve ordered the newborn set, I find it invaluable to be able to have the baby at the kitchen table with us from day 1!

jlm29 wrote: »
    Tea and cake, I have the Tripp trapp and the Hauck, and while the Hauck is a great copy, the Tripp trapp is still far better! It will last longer, and if you’ve ordered the newborn set, I find it invaluable to be able to have the baby at the kitchen table with us from day 1!

Thanks a million! Basically got the new born set for free with the saving so happy with that.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

inhealth.ie have 15% off everything for black friday - they do a fair bit of medical-y baby stuff like breast pumps and dopplers and maternity pads etc.

Finally pulled the trigger on the Out n About Nipper double today - Pramworld had a fairly low price on it then threw in another 10% off for Black Friday. £332 in the end for the buggy and I grabbed a car seat as well for the newbie. All coming on Monday :)

The uppababy vista that we got (not colour thankfully) is down to £459 on Amazon! Serious reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

The uppababy vista that we got (not colour thankfully) is down to £459 on Amazon! Serious reduction.

We got the Jake (Black with black frame) months ago for about £615. It’s currently £627. Both much cheaper than in stores looking for €900-€1000+ for the same model.

Got lie flat Kiddy car seat at €270 discount few days ago on Bella Baby, Angelcare Monitor video & motion €162 on mamas and papas, Mamas & Papas bud booster seat (to make any chair a high chair up to 3 years) £27 on Amazon. Some other amazon deals for bottles, pram organiser, Vicks humidifier too.

I love a good discount :D

Only the cotbed left to get but as we’ve the baby box & carrycot from Vista (approved for overnight sleeping) we’ll hold off. Need to de-clutter the house first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Babies R Us have an extra 20% off.

This travel cot was £40, then £30 and now £24 with Free delivery.

oT9gGFf.jpg

A similar hauck dream n play cot is 52 euro in boots http://www.boots.ie/hauck-dream-n-play-travel-cot-yellow-blue-and-navy-10169867

As the price before the extra discount is £29.99, it qualifies for free delivery.

Use this guide for ordering from Ireland

Free delivery info here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

When I was pregnant and looking for a Tens machine I came across these on Amazon. It worked perfectly and so cheap compared with the shops. Only drawback is that new pads are more expensive than the original price but you get four pads with it anyway.
    (Can't remember if they deliver direct to Ireland or if I used Parcel Motel).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KK12ZU6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_0wCnAb3WF35KX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

sillysocks wrote: »
    When I was pregnant and looking for a Tens machine I came across these on Amazon. It worked perfectly and so cheap compared with the shops. Only drawback is that new pads are more expensive than the original price but you get four pads with it anyway.

Thanks, I have this saved to my basket but there are no reviews so I wasn't sure whether to go for it or not!

Looks like I will have to use parcel motel with it. Going to order it tomorrow I have a heap of stuff to order :)

michellie wrote: »
    Thanks, I have this saved to my basket but there are no reviews so I wasn't sure whether to go for it or not!

Looks like I will have to use parcel motel with it. Going to order it tomorrow I have a heap of stuff to order :)

It was perfect! I think when I got it first it actually didn't work but it was just the batteries they had sent must have been dodgy, put my own in and it was fine!

It was perfect! I think when I got it first it actually didn't work but it was just the batteries they had sent must have been dodgy, put my own in and it was fine!

That's great, will order in the morning ! I had one for baby #1 9 years ago and I don't actually know if it did anything but I'm scared to go without this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I got one on your recommendation in another thread. Haven’t got to use it yet (other than testing out) but so happy with the price etc. I used parcel motel for mine.

michellie wrote: »
    That's great, will order in the morning ! I had one for baby #1 9 years ago and I don't actually know if it did anything but I'm scared to go without this time!

I thought that if nothing else they're a good distraction! And definitely don't do any harm so might as well try one. Always still went for epidural though!

I thought that if nothing else they're a good distraction! And definitely don't do any harm so might as well try one. Always still went for epidural though!

Exactly! I've ordered it now and for €20ish you can't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

My wife is pregnant and I took a shot at getting mothercare in Belgard to price match online for a dream genii pillow at inhealth. They gave it to me for €40 instead of €60, matching the price. Might be worth looking at if you are in store to get them to price match!
    https://www.inhealth.ie/dreamgenii-pregnancy-pillow.html - 40
    http://www.mothercare.ie/dreamgenii-pregnancy-and-feeding-support-pillow.html - 60

Its about the same price as getting it from Amazon.

xpletiv wrote: »
    My wife is pregnant and I took a shot at getting mothercare in Belgard to price match online for a dream genii pillow at inhealth. They gave it to me for €40 instead of €60, matching the price. Might be worth looking at if you are in store to get them to price match!
    https://www.inhealth.ie/dreamgenii-pregnancy-pillow.html - 40
    http://www.mothercare.ie/dreamgenii-pregnancy-and-feeding-support-pillow.html - 60

Its about the same price as getting it from Amazon.
    They are great if you've pgp or any lower body pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Yes, I did my research on sleeping pillows and although there is some mixed reviews for the cost, she is a front and back sleeper normally, and those kinds of sleepers raved about it, so anything to help encourage sleeping on her side.

We've also started preparing for the arrival too. We bought most of the bottle equipment in the Black Friday sales, basically all the bottle requirements except a pump (this bundle: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Perfect-Complete-Feeding/dp/B01N9Q9NKP (£144 currently) for about €100 in total. It was cheaper buying them separately, but I found amazon was by far the cheapest to buy it vs irish stores.

Still so much to look to buy though!

• Advertisement

My tens arrived today, all looks ok, thanks:) Hopefully will work ok on the big day.

Advertisement