Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pregnancy Bargains Alert Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Where is good for maternity skinny jeans? Bought a pair in new look on last pg but never wore as they were poor quality and far too loose around the waste despite being the right size otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

73trix wrote: »
    Where is good for maternity skinny jeans? Bought a pair in new look on last pg but never wore as they were poor quality and far too loose around the waste despite being the right size otherwise.

I bought a lovely pair in Debenhams last time. Or at least, They looked nice, but were under the bump and I was constantly hitching them up. I bought a similar pair yesterday, but these are over the bump, so way more comfy!

Edited to add, the similar pair also came from Debenhams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Gap do lovely maternity jeans. Sizes run big though. Topshop is ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

Found h+m the best

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Justsmile1

Heldel00 had a look on gap theres so many options, what style did you say were comfortable? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I got a lovely pair of boot cut navy ones with over the bump material. Very comfy. Can't think of the style name and they are packed away in the attic!!!

Tried on the new look ones I bought last time to remind myself what was so wrong with them. Got my size 10 but they were way too big. Never brought them back. Bit of a waste..

73trix wrote: »
    Tried on the new look ones I bought last time to remind myself what was so wrong with them. Got my size 10 but they were way too big. Never brought them back. Bit of a waste..

And there was me thinking I was a slim Jim going down a size in pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Mothercare doing Tommee Tippee essentials starter kit again for 90. Great value!

jlm29 wrote: »
    And there was me thinking I was a slim Jim going down a size in pregnancy!

Haha. I didn't lose any weight! Jeans were ill sized! More 12-14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Freudiangirl32

Aldi had newborn nappies €1.60 a pack yesterday. .. handy bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Maternity clothes, nursing bras and baby clothes in lidl this week.

Got a couple nursing bras and quite happy with them, and I think that nappies are reduced this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Smyths are selling these on the go blackout blinds for €26,99, Ive seen them in a few shops from €29.99 up to 36.99 https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/baby/bedding/gro-anywhere-blind/p/127363

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

25% off Gap online until June 17th using the code HAPPYGAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

I am using this breast pump at the moment and find it brilliant http://www.boots.ie/nuby-natural-touch-digital-breast-pump-10205686 - half price at Boots online

Thanks for the tip, is this a manual pump then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭mrsmags16

no, electric, very efficient

Ah ok sorry I didnt see a plug so was thinking it was manual... mmmmmm might be a good idea so not due for ages but i presume ill be needing one...

Mother care system spotted today http://www.mothercare.ie/pushchairs/prams-pushchairs/bundle-deals/mothercare-roam-four-wheel-base-pack-silver-pushchair-colour-pack-red-pushchair.html

Took a spin off it in the shop and it is very nice for the price.. In store it says it is €349.00 so not sure is there some online pricing error

I can see the differance there sorry, can somone tell me what a base pack is then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ah ok sorry I didnt see a plug so was thinking it was manual... mmmmmm might be a good idea so not due for ages but i presume ill be needing one...

Hi Milly33,
    Honestly I wouldn't rush to get a pump til you need one.
    I'd also highly recommend looking at a double electric pump, it halves the pumping time (assuming you pump from both) and most can be used in single mode.

Assuming am is going well with feeding, pumping isn't recommended til 6 weeks anyway to allow your supply time to regulate.

I have the ameda lactaline double pump, I got it from boots for €74. Around the 6 week pp mark, I got an offer through the parenting club for €30 off any pump, also an offer for €15 off a spend over €60 so it all helped to reduce the cost. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Mother care system spotted today http://www.mothercare.ie/pushchairs/prams-pushchairs/bundle-deals/mothercare-roam-four-wheel-base-pack-silver-pushchair-colour-pack-red-pushchair.html

Took a spin off it in the shop and it is very nice for the price.. In store it says it is €349.00 so not sure is there some online pricing error

Great value. I think a base pack is the black basket and black part under the pram covers. The colour pack is the red pieces! That's what it was anyway when I was ordering my bugaboo!

I agree 100% with other poster on pumps.....wait till you have the baby. I personally hated pumping, you may end up formula feeding you never know ;)
    I used a double pump as did my sister!

I can see the differance there sorry, can somone tell me what a base pack is then

Someone posted on here not terribly long ago for advice on a mothercare travel system, and the reports back were that it wasn't great. I can't remember the details though!

I also would say don't buy a pump just yet. If you do want to pump, you're not really meant to do it until baby is around 6 weeks, so I'd hold off and see! There's often different ones reduced! If you really want to breastfeed, I'd spend the money on a breastfeeding prep course instead. I did one on my first, and it was the best money I spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Bella baby have the maxi cosi cabriofix for ?109 in mosaic blue and the pebble plus for ?159 (?100 off) in a similar colour (triangular flow) http://www.bellababy.ie/pebbleplustriangularflow-p-10466.html

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I had the Roam... for 4 weeks. Didn't suit us at all, replaced it with a secondhand Baby Jogger City Mini and that was much better.

Thank you all for the advice on the pumps... I just like to be super organised all the time but yes suppose tis right I dont know what is going to happen so waiting it best. I have both those pumps marked down ask good ones so ill keep a look out for them.. Thank you again ladies the help is great...

And rainbow, thanks too. I am mad for hte baby jogger tis so just so pricey new we are keeping an eye out for second hand too.. Going to make a list the end of next month of the definates we want and take it from there.. It keeps coming back to the jogger though

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Littlewoods have a Tommy Tippee Complete feeding set for half price, €114 vs €230. Steriliser, bottle warmer, 4 small & 3 large bottles, carry bags, etc. You also get 20% off with your first order so that brings it down to €91.20!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

And rainbow, thanks too. I am mad for hte baby jogger tis so just so pricey new we are keeping an eye out for second hand too.. Going to make a list the end of next month of the definates we want and take it from there.. It keeps coming back to the jogger though

Have you considered buying from the UK? Weak sterling makes the pricing very favourable.

Hi Rainbow, dya know we were only saying it the other day I wonder would there be that much of a differance in prices.. might check it out there any uk places your recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Littlewoods have a Tommy Tippee Complete feeding set for half price, €114 vs €230. Steriliser, bottle warmer, 4 small & 3 large bottles, carry bags, etc. You also get 20% off with your first order so that brings it down to €91.20!!

I actually just got it for 89 on Mama's and Pappas. I went to pay on Littlewoods and it was asking me to set up account etc so i just googled the product and got it cheaper. Happy days!!

Advertisement