Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Worst Wrestlemania Tournament... EVER!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

32 for me, they tried to hype up the cell match as this big power struggle for the company and just completely ignored the outcome and gave Shane control anyway for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Shane McMahon shouldn't have even been considered that worthy of an opponent for The Undertaker. They could have had Kevin Owens go against him this year. That would've rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Shane McMahon shouldn't have even been considered that worthy of an opponent for The Undertaker. They could have had Kevin Owens go against him this year. That would've rocked.

Yeah someone like Owens would have benefited from a match with Taker at WM, they need to start making some new stars and especially guys who the fans can get behind and Owens must be one of the most over guys on the roster

With WM33 in Florida next year it would be a massive statement to have The Rock in his home state to put over someone like Owens to give him that extra push as the top three guys in the company, the promos alone would be brilliant and Owens would put on a classic with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The final will be posted this evening lads. Thanks for getting stuck in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think the big push behind 32 getting so far is while it's easy to look at the old shows in a vacuum, we are still in the middle of experiencing the fallout of 32 so it's harder to judge it on its own merits (or lack thereof).

• Advertisement

Yeah someone like Owens would have benefited from a match with Taker at WM, they need to start making some new stars and especially guys who the fans can get behind and Owens must be one of the most over guys on the roster

With WM33 in Florida next year it would be a massive statement to have The Rock in his home state to put over someone like Owens to give him that extra push as the top three guys in the company, the promos alone would be brilliant and Owens would put on a classic with him.
    Kevin Owens doesn't seem to have any issue with making himself look stupid either, which would be perfect for going head to head with The Rock on the microphone.

The votes have been counted and it was the Groutch who made it 4-3 to WrestleMania 32 which means that will face off against WrestleMania 2 in our grand finale of shame. It's very interesting in that it's one of the very first events vs the most recent. Anyway, vote for which ever of these you felt sucked worse. Whichever gets most votes overall, will be deemed the Worst WrestleMania...EVER!

WrestleMania 32

The Biggest WrestleMania of all Time

wwe_wrestlemania_32_poster__3_by_crispy6664-d9t8nkc.jpg

From Dallas, Texas on 4/3/2016

•Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship: Zack Ryder beat Kevin Owens (C), Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Stardust, Sami Zayn and Sin Cara
    •Chris Jericho beat AJ Styles
    •The League of Nations (w/King Barrett) beat The New Day
    •No Holds Barred Street Fight: Brock Lesnar beat Dean Ambrose
    •WWE Women's Championship: Charlotte beat Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch
    •Hell in a Cell Match: Undertaker beat Shane McMahon
    •Baron Corbin won the Andre the Giant Battle Royal by last eliminating Kane
    •The Rock beat Erick Rowan
    •WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Roman Reigns beatTriple H

Although hit with multiple injuries, WWE still had a very talented roster heading into this event. However, bad and illogical booking left a sour taste in people's mouths in the aftermath. Instead of an uber fresh and popular Kevin Owens taking on arch rival and newcomer Sami Zayn in a life long grudge match for the IC Title , the fed decided to copy and paste the multi man ladder match scenario from the previous mania. An underwhelming Ambrose vs Lesnar left everyone unsatisfied, a white hot New Day lost for no reason to the heatless League of Nations in a non title match while the less said about the main event the better. The Women's match was the one of the only bright spots on this card for a change.

Vs

WrestleMania 2

The Premier Sporting Event of the Year!

WrestleMania2.jpg

From Chicago, New York and Los Angles April 7, 1986

•Don Muraco fought Paul Orndorff to a double-count out
    •I-C Title: Champion Randy Savage pinned George "The Animal" Steele
    •Jake Roberts pinned George Welles
    •Mr. T beat Roddy Piper by DQ in a boxing match
    •Women's Title: Champ Fabulous Moolah pinned Velvet McIntyre
    •Cpl. Kirchner pinned Nikolai Volkoff
    •Andre the Giant won a battle royal featuring several NFL players by last eliminating Bret Hart
    •Tag Team Title: The British Bulldogs beat Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake
    •Ricky Steamboat pinned Hercules Hernandez
    •Adrian Adonis pinned Uncle Elmer
    •Dory & Terry Funk defeated Junkyard Dog & Tito Santana
    •WWF Title Match in a steel cage: Champ Hulk Hogan beat King Kong Bundy

Unlike the inaugural WrestleMania , there were a few good matches on this show such as The British Bulldogs vs The Dream Team but you had to go through a lot of garbage to get to them. The first part of this event, which took place at the Nassau Coliseum, had no redeeming qualities and the fans that saw the event from there had the worst WrestleMania experience in regards to the quality of the matches they saw in person. The 3 cities thing probably sounded good in someone's head but it was pretty much a bust. The most historic things to happen at this show was Refrigerator Perry eliminating John Studd from the battle royal and the debut of the blue steel cage...however that had Hogan and Bundy inside it. Other than that, a worked boxing match featuring non worker Mr.T and you have a rightly crummy event.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wrestlemania 2. I couldn't subject myself to watching that entire card.

Wrestlemania 32 was a disappointment but I think it would be a much easier viewing experience than II.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

In no way at all is 32 the worst mania, there was some seriously flawed booking but that does not make it a worse mania. For example yeah you can argue that AJ should have went over Jericho but they argueably had a better wrestling match than anything at Mania 2 and the same could be said for the womens triple threat. Shane becoming in charge of Raw is after the fact at the PPV him and Taker had a match with more spectacle than anything Mania 2 had to offer and again the same could be said for the IC ladder match. No holds barred Brock vs Ambrose could have been better but it was still fun between two performers who I love watching and then even the main event that yeah was poor but is it worse than Hogan vs Bundy... who knows but the rest of the card def wasn't even if the booking coulda been better, then on top of that the 3 arena thing was not really a success (or else you can be damn sure they would have done it again) while a record crowd in a 100k stadium is kinda special.

so even though im not 100% sure it's the worst out of all of them.... it has to be Mania 2 for me and personally I really don't think 32 deserves to be in contention despite being a big disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Has to be 2 for me.

Fair enough 32 wasn't in anyway memorable but imo its getting an exceptionally bad rap due to freshness in peoples mind.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

32 was a big disappointment in so many ways, but 2 is absolutely the worse show. I've gone over why it's bad in previous posts, but as a summary: Poor matches, terrible celebrity commentary, awful idea of having it in three different places.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pretty much what everyone else said. 2 because it was a steaming pile of horse manure topped of with a red and yellow flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,681 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Has to be 2. I've never been able to watch in full and never want actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

WM32 wasn't anything to write home about but it doesn't belong in the final here. It was a BIG spectacle, had some decent moments and had some good build ups for most of the matches.

Wrestlemania II is horrendous. Completely forgettable bar a few uninspiring lowlights. Of all of Hogan's fights during the Hulkamania period- Bundy would certainly top the bunch when listing the duds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Wrestlemania 2 is terrible. Terrible. On paper, to me, of the three main events the only one that looks to live up to the name is the Roddy Piper/ Mr T match, and that was bad.

The second main event, wasn't a main event. British Bulldogs vs the Dream Team? Probably the best match on the show, but none of the wrestlers have/had the name value to make it a main event.

And Hulk vs Monster of the week. Hogan was magic, and he did what he did, but the match was boring, and King Kong didn't make that great a foe for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm picking Wrestlemania 2 as well. An atrocity of a card, really bad.

STOP THE DAMN MATCH!!! BAH GAWD THAT CARD IS BROKEN IN HALF (or into thirds in this case). The people of PW Boards have spoken and have decided that the absolute Worst WrestleMania Ever is....

wrestlemania_2-1381980.png

Minus 5 Stars!

Thanks everyone who participated, had some really good discussion this time around. If there are any requests for future tournaments let me know and I'll see if they're a runner. Thanks again folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

If there are any requests for future tournaments let me know and I'll see if they're a runner. Thanks again folks.[/quote]

Best/worst jobber!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Omackeral wrote: »
    Thanks everyone who participated, had some really good discussion this time around. If there are any requests for future tournaments let me know and I'll see if they're a runner. Thanks again folks.

Was there ever one done for best GM/Commissioner type figure? If not, I think that could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,681 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

With Wrestlemania 2 I think the concept probably looked good on paper and vince wanted to top the first one but it clearly didn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Let's settle the a debate that has come up in the Divas' thread a few times.

Hottest female everrrrrrrr?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

There's been a lot of this tournaments. Would it be worth creating a sticky with the definitive Boards best/worst list?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    There's been a lot of this tournaments. Would it be worth creating a sticky with the definitive Boards best/worst list?

Was actually thinking of asking omackeral if he had a list of winners and I'd add em to the hot links sticky

You took the words right out of my mouth. We need to have a sticky thread with all of our results.

With regards to future toureys...worst entrance?

There's such an infinite number of candidates in some of these categories, how do we nominate?

There's such an infinite number of candidates in some of these categories, how do we nominate?

Have a nomination period over a few days where everyone nominates likely candidates?

Was there ever one done for best GM/Commissioner type figure? If not, I think that could be good.

Beat me to it! Best Authority figure would be great, spread across WWF/E, ECW & WcW

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Let's settle the a debate that has come up in the Divas' thread a few times.

Hottest female everrrrrrrr?:cool:

Noelle

/thread

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Noelle

/thread

Minor plot hole there. She's not technically a diva.

re-open thread.

Advertisement