Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Worst Wrestlemania Tournament... EVER!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

WM32; at least WM27 "worked" in terms of setting up the next match while WM32 simply failed on every level in such terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Reigns
    Ghoulbag

(am I doing it right Kankan?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

No matter what u say about cena/miz.

Nobody,NOBODY wanted to see HHH and reigns and especially with Reigns going over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I would of voted for WM 27 because the match that had the most build up was Cole vs. Lawler.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wow this year's Mania really left a sour taste in people's mouth. Our penultimate match up of the round happens next...

WrestleMania XXVIII

Once In A Lifetime

WrestleMania_XXVIII_poster.jpg

Featured Bouts
    John Cena vs The Rock
    Undertaker vs Triple H Hell in a Cell
    CM Punk vs Chris Jericho WWE Title

Date: April 1, 2012
    Attendance: 78, 363

vs

WrestleMania VII

Super-Stars and Stripes Forever

WrestleManiaVII.jpg

Featured Bouts
    WWE Title Sgt. Slaughter vs Hulk Hogan
    Ultimate Warrior vs Macho Man Randy Savage
    Virgil vs Ted DiBiase

Date: March 24, 1991
    Attendance: 16, 158

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

7. Hogan again. Plus Slaughter. I really don't like Slaughter.

I dont hate 28. All 3 "main events were ok with me".

And obv Hogan,
    Ghoul etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Has to be 7 really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'll place my vote using a visual aid

virgil.1.jpg

It's a Battle of the 90's to this wrap this round up.

WrestleMania X

Ten Years in the Making

WrestleManiaX.jpg

Featured Bouts
    WWE Title Yokozuna vs Bret Hart
    Intercontinental Title Ladder Match Razor Ramon vs Shawn Michaels
    Bret Hart vs Owen Hart

Date: March 20, 1994
    Attendance: 18, 065

Vs

WrestleMania 13

HEAT!

220px-WrestleMania13.jpg

Featured Bouts
    WWE Title Match Sycho Sid vs The Undertaker
    Submission Match Bret Hart vs Steve Austin w/Ken Shamrock as referee

Date : March 23, 1997
    Attendance: 18,197

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah of those two it'll be 7. Warrior/Savage was amazing but the rest really was infinitely meh.

Overall 28 just pips it.

Oops. Double post.

13 should walk this. The positives in X outweighs the negatives ten fold. Looking at venues, X was one of the mighty MSG manias whereas 13 was just in some place.

Without Austin/Hart is would have been truly horrendous.

13 ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Gotta pick 13 here too.

Only the 1 iconic match really, whereas 10 had classics like Bret / Owen and the Ladder match with Razor and HBK.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Submission match beats ladder match for me. 10 for the win! Main events kind of cancel each other out with their suckiness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

WM13

Submission match is one of my all time favourites but gotta agree with what Gerry said.

We have 8 Manias left for the dishonour of being christened the Worst WrestleMania...EVER! Interestingly, there are no events in the 20's left at this stage. Quarter Finals will begin tomorrow but until then enjoy the fantastic Brian Zane from my favourite Youtube show Wrestling With Wregret as he lists his Worst 8 Manias of all time. (This was recorded in 2014 so 31 and 32 aren't up for nomination)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Really enjoying this tournament. There seems to be lots of backlash against the first decade of WrestleMania. I would always have classed VIII as one of the worst until rewatching it a couple of years ago and now it's actually one of my favourites to put in & watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

10's worse, but the swaying factor (asides from the submission match, of course) is just how interesting of a year 1997 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Loved this tourney Omackeral. As always, you've done a fantastic job thus far

It's quarter final day as we come down to the last eight. To kick us off we have Hulkamania running wild. We'll keep it at 3 votes and will ask for a reason or two as to why you felt your choice was worse

WrestleMania 2

The Premier Sporting Event of the Year!

WrestleMania2.jpg

Date: April 7, 1986
    Attendance: 40, 085 (combined)

Full Card

1 Paul Orndorff and The Magnificent Muraco (with Mr. Fuji) fought to a double countout Singles match 04:10
    2 Randy Savage (c) (with Miss Elizabeth) defeated George Steele Singles match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship
    3 Jake Roberts defeated George Wells Singles match 03:15
    4 Mr. T (with Joe Frazier and Haiti Kid) defeated Roddy Piper (with Bob Orton and Lou Duva) by disqualification Boxing match 13:14
    5 The Fabulous Moolah (c) defeated Velvet McIntyre Singles match for the WWF Women's Championship 01:25
    6 Corporal Kirchner defeated Nikolai Volkoff (with Freddie Blassie) Flag match 02:05
    7 André the Giant won by last eliminating Bret Hart WWF vs. NFL 20-man battle royal 09:13
    8 The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid) (with Ozzy Osbourne and Captain Lou Albano) defeated The Dream Team (Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake) (c) (with Johnny Valiant) Tag team match for the WWF Tag Team Championship 13:03
    9 Ricky Steamboat defeated Hercules Hernandez Singles match 07:27
    10 Adrian Adonis (with Jimmy Hart) defeated Uncle Elmer Singles match 03:01
    11 Terry Funk and Hoss Funk (with Jimmy Hart) defeated Junkyard Dog and Tito Santana Tag team match 11:42
    12 Hulk Hogan (c) defeated King Kong Bundy (with Bobby Heenan)[6] Steel cage match for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship with Robert Conrad as special guest referee 10:15

Vs

WrestleMania VI

The Ultimate Challenge

WrestleManiaVI.jpg

Date: April 1, 1990
    Attendance: 67,374

Full Card

1(dark match) Paul Roma defeated The Brooklyn Brawler
    2 Rick Martel defeated Koko B. Ware Singles match 03:51
    3 Demolition (Ax and Smash) defeated The Colossal Connection (André the Giant and Haku) (c) (with Bobby Heenan) Tag team match for the WWF Tag Team Championship 09:30
    4 Earthquake (with Jimmy Hart) defeated Hercules Singles match 04:52
    5 Brutus Beefcake defeated Mr. Perfect (with The Genius) Singles match 07:48
    6 Roddy Piper and Bad News Brown fought to a double countout Singles match 06:48
    7 The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) defeated The Bolsheviks (Nikolai Volkoff and Boris Zhukov) Tag team match 00:19
    8 The Barbarian (with Bobby Heenan) defeated Tito Santana Singles match 04:33
    9 Dusty Rhodes and Sapphire (with Miss Elizabeth) defeated Randy Savage and Queen Sherri Mixed tag team match 07:52
    10 The Orient Express (Sato and Pat Tanaka) (with Mr. Fuji) defeated The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty) by countout Tag team match 07:38
    11 Jim Duggan defeated Dino Bravo (with Jimmy Hart and Earthquake) Singles match 04:15
    12 Ted DiBiase (c) (with Virgil) defeated Jake Roberts by countout Singles match for the Million Dollar Championship 11:50
    13 Big Boss Man defeated Akeem (with Slick) Singles match 01:49
    14 Rick Rude (with Bobby Heenan) defeated Jimmy Snuka Singles match 03:59
    15. WWF Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior defeated WWF World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan Singles match for the WWF Intercontinental and World Heavyweight Championships 22:51

• Advertisement

Wow. One thing that strikes me is the match length - we're actually blessed that matches go 10-15 mins for the most part these days! As for the events, I have to go with 2. Main event of Hogan Warrior trumps Bundy Hogan.
    Waiting to see how Kankan votes here - does he go for Hogan with his ghoulishness.... Or Hogan with his ghoulishness? Decisions decisions...

Lol nightmare round for me.

Defo voting for 2.

Bundy isnt doesnt light a candle compared to warrior. As for hogan, my feelings are clear.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Voting for 2, just because Bundy was worse than Warrior. Also, I quite liked Demolition, so that helps 6's case for me.

I blame C*nt Hogan for both manias. Ha ha it's the second edition of the Grand Daddy of Them All that goes into the semi final.

WrestleMania VII

Super-Stars and Stripes Forever

WrestleManiaVII.jpg

Date: March 24, 1991
    Attendance: 16, 158

Full Card

Koko B. Ware defeated The Brooklyn Brawler Dark Match
    The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty) defeated The Barbarian and Haku (with Bobby Heenan) 10:33
    The Texas Tornado beat Dino Bravo (with Jimmy Hart) Singles match 03:11
    The British Bulldog defeated The Warlord (with Slick) 08:15
    The Nasty Boys (with Jimmy Hart) defeated The Hart Foundation (c) Tag team match for the WWF Tag Team Championship 12:10
    Jake Roberts defeated Rick Martel Blindfold match 08:34
    The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) beat Jimmy Snuka Singles match 04:20
    The Ultimate Warrior defeated Randy Savage (with Queen Sherri) Retirement match 20:47
    Genichiro Tenryu and Kōji Kitao defeated Demolition (Smash and Crush) (with Mr. Fuji) Tag team match 04:44
    Big Boss Man beat Mr. Perfect (c) (with Bobby Heenan) by disqualification Singles match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship 10:47
    Earthquake (with Jimmy Hart) defeated Greg Valentine Singles match 03:14
    The Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal) defeated Power and Glory (Hercules and Paul Roma) (with Slick) Tag team match 00:59[6]
    Virgil (with Roddy Piper) beat Ted DiBiase (countout)Singles match 07:41
    The Mountie (with Jimmy Hart) defeated Tito Santana Singles match 01:21
    Hulk Hogan defeated Sgt. Slaughter (c) (with General Adnan) Singles match for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship 20:26

Vs

WrestleMania 32

The Biggest WrestleMania In History

Date: April 3, 2016
    Attendance: 101, 763

74e9b5fdf4e3f82cd56432f04253fe4d.jpg

Full Card

Kalisto (c) defeated Ryback Singles match for the WWE United States Championship 9:01
    Team Total Divas defeated Team B.A.D. & Blonde (Lana, Naomi, Tamina, Emma and Summer Rae) by submission 10-Diva tag team match 11:25
    The Usos defeated The Dudley Boyz 5:18
    Zack Ryder defeated Kevin Owens (c), Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, Stardust, The Miz and Sin Cara Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship 15:23
    Chris Jericho defeated AJ Styles Singles 17:10
    The League of Nations (Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio and Rusev) (with King Barrett) defeated The New Day) 6-man tag team match 10:03
    Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman) defeated Dean Ambrose No Holds Barred Street Fight 13:06
    Charlotte (with Ric Flair) defeated Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks by submission Triple threat match for the WWE Women's Championship 16:03
    The Undertaker defeated Shane McMahon Hell in a Cell match 30:05
    Baron Corbin won the 20-man battle royal for the André the Giant Memorial Trophy 9:41
    The Rock defeated Erick Rowan (with Braun Strowman and Bray Wyatt) 0:06
    Roman Reigns defeated Triple H (c) (with Stephanie McMahon) Singles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship 27:00

7. I hate Slaughter. I dislike Hogan. 32 wasn't THAT bad.

Probably won't win, but I'm voting 32 cause f*ck that sh*te. I hate Reigns more than Hogan.

So many of those votes I'm making like for like comparisons and plucking out the such that should be involved with a "worst" of anything.

WM 7
    Savage/Warrior was truly something special.
    I suppose the inaugural match of the Streak.
    Hogan/Slaughter as much as we hate the USA USA USA angles, but I think, given all it's little tweaks (Sheiky, Slaughter turning on his country, Real War issues) it is quite an underreated feud.

WM 32
    Only real highlights for me was the HIAC and to a lesser extant seeing AJ at mania and Ryder getting his moment.

WM32 will get my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

WrestleMania XXXII. Roman Reigns shouldn't have beaten Triple H. They should have just had him get the crap beaten out of him with the sledgehammer and gone off the air with Triple H celebrating with Stephanie and the rest of the family. It would have been a bigger babyface moment than what we got. That is big coming from me as I always hated Triple H.
    The Tag Team Championships should have changed hands at the event as well, I feel. The League Of Nations could have held them and they could have pulled the trigger even moreso on The New Day as babyfaces after that. The crap with Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels & Mick Foley was unnecessary as well. The ladder match result also, bizarre.

Actually, on that tag titles thing I'm still confused as to why the match being for the title was changed. One of a myriad of weird booking choices about this whole show.

• Advertisement

This year's Mania is making a bee line for the title of Worst WrestleMania Ever. Which card will join it in the semi final?

WrestleMania VIII

Friendship Torn Apart, The Macho/Flair Affair

220px-WrestleManiaVIII.jpg

Date: April 5, 1992
    Attendance: 62, 167

Full Card

Shawn Michaels (with Sensational Sherri) defeated Tito Santana
    The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) defeated Jake Roberts
    Bret Hart defeated Roddy Piper (c) WWF Intercontinental Championship
    Big Boss Man, Virgil, Sgt. Slaughter and Jim Duggan defeated The Nasty Boys, Repo Man and The Mountie
    Randy Savage defeated Ric Flair (c)for the WWF Championship
    Tatanka defeated Rick Martel Singles
    The Natural Disasters defeated Money Inc. by countout Tag Titles
    Owen Hart defeated Skinner
    Hulk Hogan defeated Sid Justice (with Harvey Wippleman) by disqualification

Vs

WrestleMania XI

First Time, Last Time, Only Time

220px-WrestleManiaXI.jpg

Date: April 2, 1995
    Attendance: 16, 305

Full Card

The Allied Powers defeated The Blu Brothers
    Razor Ramon Jeff Jarrett (c) by DQ Intercontinental Championship
    The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) defeated King Kong Bundy
    Owen Hart and Yokozuna defeated The Smokin' Gunns (c) WWF Tag Titles
    Bret Hart defeated Bob Backlund "I Quit" match with Roddy Piper as ref
    Diesel (c) (w/Pamela Anderson) defeated Shawn Michaels (with Sid and Jenny McCarthy) WWE World Heavyweight Championship
    Lawrence Taylor defeated Bam Bam Bigelow

Advertisement