Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Worst Wrestlemania Tournament... EVER!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Another one where I reckon the one that goes on won't progress too much further. I'm voting for 21 for one reason: 30 had one of the single greatest moments in wrestling as far as I'm concerned, Daniel Bryan raising the belts after beating Batista and Randy Orton in the main event.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

21 but mostly becauseI rate 30 very highly I'd say 21 will be eliminated by something worse next round

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

21. Not only for DB's awesome moment, but the end of the streak at 30 too. Two classic WM moments. 21 was good too, but not in 30's league

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Definitely 30.
    21 had a legit WM classic in Angle vs Hbk, great debut of MITB, Orton vs Taker, Mysterio vs Guerrero & a superbly built main event. Looking back now in hindsight it's probably the last night WWE created a huge star in John Cena & to a lesser extent Batista.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

21 for me too. 30 was a really special night, something that isn't achieved very often these days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

30 but only barely, as jaw dropping as the streak ending was, the build to the match was terrible, the match was terrible and the shock of the streak ending kind of killed the atmosphere of the rest of the show.

I imagine it was probably the best mania weekend to be at by a long shot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A pretty one sided affair there it must be said. Two 20 somethings do battle now...

WrestleMania 29

Greatness vs Redemption

Wm29poster.jpg

Main Event: WWE Title The Rock vs John Cena
    Date: April 7, 2013
    Attendance: 80, 672

vs

WrestleMania 22

Big Time

WrestleMania22.jpg

Main Event: WWE Title John Cena vs HHH, WHC Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton vs Rey Mysterio
    Date : April 2, 2006
    Attendance : 17, 159

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

29. Once in a lifetime my arse...

Both had some great matches. Gonna pick 29 too I think.

Its amazing to see how small the attendance for 22 was!

I'm picking 29 also by virtue of the fact 22 was one of my favourite Manias and had a great Vince vs HBK street fight not to mention Edge vs Foley.

• Advertisement

Two powerhouse supercards prepare to do battle next...

WrestleMania 31

The Heist of the Century

WM31Poster.png

Main Event: WWE Title Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins
    Date: March 29, 2015
    Attendance: 76, 976

vs

WrestleMania XX

Where It All Begins...Again

WrestleManiaXX.jpg

Main Event: WHC Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit
    Date: March 14, 2004
    Attendance : 18,000

Wrestlemania XX for me. Really only 2 or 3 good matches on this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

WM31

Both only had two or three good matches but 20 had probably the best wrestlemania moment with Benoit and Eddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

WrestleMania XXXI

20 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

has to be 31, largely forgettable, 20 had two great world title matches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

31. I respect it for managing to pull off one of the great moments in the unexpected Seth cash in, but overall it was the worse show. Not a bad show, just not really as good as 20.

31 rolls on through to the next stage. Next up is New Generation vs Hulkamania

WrestleMania XII

The Boyhood Dream

latest?cb=20120403112007

Main Event: WWE Title Ironman Match Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels
    Date: March 31, 1996
    Attendance: 18, 853

Vs

WrestleMania VI

The Ultimate Challenge

WrestleManiaVI.jpg

Main Event: WWE Champion Hulk Hogan vs Intercontinental Champion Ultimate Warrior
    Date: April 1, 1990
    Attendance: 67,374

Wrestlemania 6. A pretty poor show, and as a match I just prefer the main event of 12 to the one for 6.

Angron wrote:
    Wrestlemania 6. A pretty poor show, and as a match I just prefer the main event of 12 to the one for 6.

Pretty much the same for me. WM 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Mania 6 for me just a poor show to me

The Ultimate Challenge will go on to challenge for the title of ultimate sucky Mania. Two stinkers up next...

WrestleMania XXVII

WrestleMania Written In The Stars

WrestleMania_XXVII.jpg

Main Event : WWE Title The Miz vs John Cena
    Date: April 4, 2011
    Attendance: 71, 617

vs

WrestleMania

The Greatest Wrestling Event of All Time!

WrestleMania_%281985%29_poster.jpg

Main Event: Hulk Hogan and Mr.T vs Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff
    Date: March 31, 1985
    Attendance: 19,121

27. A pretty rubbish main event that existed just for the purpose of setting up a match for the next year's PPV, a terrible idea. There was decent matches at the PPV, but that main event was brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Original mania gets my vote.

Tag match main event. No thanks.
    Mr.T in main event. No thanks.

I'll take 27 over it all day. Least it had taker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I will go with WM 27 because at least WM 1 had historic significance.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

27 for the fact that without the first one being a success we wouldn't have had 31 others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

WM 27 > WM 1.

The former had a great Taker v Triple H match, Eagle's last match and Orton v Punk was decent. By the standards of the time the first Wrestlemania wasn't a particularly good wrestling show or even all that notable outside of the celebrity involvement and promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm voting for WrestleMania I here. It pains me to do that because it really was the great grandaddy of them all. But if like me you don't mind The Miz, WrestleMania XXVII is actually a bit of a novelty and can sometimes be looked back on as worse than it actually was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Wrestlemania 27 was just terrible terrible show

• Advertisement

This is the last match of the round and is just a formality more than anything. If the tournament was to find the best Mania, these two could make a great final. With that said...

WrestleMania XIX

Dare To Dream

WrestleManiaXIX.jpg

Main Event: WWE Title Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar
    Date: March 30, 2003
    Attendance: 54, 097

vs

WrestleMania X-Seven

Houston... We Have A Problem

WrestleManiaX-Seven.jpg

Main Event: WWE Title The Rock vs Steve Austin
    Date: April 1, 2001