Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I read before that they GLAS inspectors are particularly sticky over paperwork. Ensure that your yearly report forms are completed for each and every year of your participation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Base price wrote: »
    I read before that they GLAS inspectors are particularly sticky over paperwork. Ensure that your yearly report forms are completed for each and every year of your participation.

Right ok, he not looking them tomorrow, as I told him I mightened be about in person , but presume he'd want them after some day, so I'll let the planner sort that, might be the one time I'll be glad of paying someone for the paper work bits. Thanks base.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,177 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think the planner has, ten working days to submit paperwork.

Water John wrote: »

Ah I'm sure he'll be more punctual than me, so if that's all that's snagged I'll be happy :)

Just reading back on your above post and you mentioned bird boxes. We don't have bird boxes as part of our GLAS plan but from memory bird boxes have to be cleaned out every year after the nesting season. The annual cleaning of bird boxes is important as it prevents a build up of avian mites, etc.

• Advertisement

Just reading back on your above post and you mentioned bird boxes. We don't have bird boxes as part of our GLAS plan but from memory bird boxes have to be cleaned out every year after the nesting season. The annual cleaning of bird boxes is important as it prevents a build up of avian mites, etc.

Very possible, I'll not argue. Worth checking them for us all so thanks base

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Sami23

Water John wrote: »

Would most people not be filling out the annual Glas Record Books themselves rather than getting a planner to do it.
    To me the book is very simple and straight forward to complete and it's an expense we can all do without involving a planner to do it for you ?

Just a reminder for anyone that sowed WBC - you can allow cattle/sheep into graze it on the 16th of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Just a reminder for anyone that sowed WBC - you can allow cattle/sheep into graze it on the 16th of March.

If it has stopped raining by then........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭endainoz

There's talk of a change in the weather from mid March on, we'll have to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Well lads and lassies, anybody else get notification of inspection for the new year?

I was just finished checking my now 4 monthly herd test, (and passed) when a cavan number rang to tell me, that I'm being inspected at 10:00 in morning, dept must be going to be my new best friend lol.

I personally have few tree bits not planted but hopeing for a warning, without claw back.

So Anyone that was inspected, were there lenient or strict at their inspecting?

Got notification of an inspection for Thursday. How thorough is the inspection and is there anything they nit-pick on in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Glas finishing up this year, anyone know if there is a renewal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,177 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Most talk is of it being extended for a year or two until EU rolls out its new schemes.

Glas finishing up this year, anyone know if there is a renewal ?

Nothing can be decided until CAP is finalised so GLAS 1 will probably roll over for a year

PoorFarmer wrote: »
    Got notification of an inspection for Thursday. How thorough is the inspection and is there anything they nit-pick on in particular?
    Paperwork and record keeping from reading previous comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bonaparte2

to be honest I'm a bit surprised they are still inspecting with Corona virus etc. They have plenty of satellites and you can email copies of the records. When it all blows over ,let them put boots on the ground then.
    When you see the havoc caused by even one additional case, I don't see that its justified.

Well I was no saint with bits not done but I got a real strict inspector with no leave way. Claw back due unless I win an appeal. Not sure which way around, but bird boxes have to be separated and bat boxes in a group or the other way around. Make sure any copicing has a fence along both side and any gaps infilled with new stems.

Well I was no saint with bits not done but I got a real strict inspector with no leave way. Claw back due unless I win an appeal. Not sure which way around, but bird boxes have to be separated and bat boxes in a group or the other way around. Make sure any copicing has a fence along both side and any gaps infilled with new stems.

Looked through the specs this evening and think I'm pretty ok with the work that had to be done. Need a few small alterations tomorrow but hopefully will be ok. Did he inspect all areas where work was carried out? Might need to do a little bit of fencing tomorrow :-)

Sami23 wrote: »
    Would most people not be filling out the annual Glas Record Books themselves rather than getting a planner to do it.
    To me the book is very simple and straight forward to complete and it's an expense we can all do without involving a planner to do it for you ?

Yea I know agree, but I've got myself into a hole with paper work recently, so I let him do it, he does area aid stuff too so mightened charge for the glas forms.

Looked through the specs this evening and think I'm pretty ok with the work that had to be done. Need a few small alterations tomorrow but hopefully will be ok. Did he inspect all areas where work was carried out? Might need to do a little bit of fencing tomorrow :-)

Yes. He had an ipad and steps every bit of coppicing and hedge laying and deducted for what ever metres not done. All boxes were checked to be hanging in right spots. He walked a bog, away out the back to make sure they were up, and the place was swimming that time. You might get a more lenient inspector that mighted look at half the stuff.

• Advertisement

Yes. He had an ipad and steps every bit of coppicing and hedge laying and deducted for what ever metres not done. All boxes were checked to be hanging in right spots. He walked a bog, away out the back to make sure they were up, and the place was swimming that time. You might get a more lenient inspector that mighted look at half the stuff.

Knowing my luck I'll get your lad on a bad day. Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Just got my annual glas record sheet in the post. Covering letter mentions a compulsory mid term review of nmp. Anyone know much about this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭High bike

Just got my annual glas record sheet in the post. Covering letter mentions a compulsory mid term review of nmp. Anyone know much about this ?
    first I heard of it,got the same myself today must give the adviser a ring tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

High bike wrote: »
    first I heard of it,got the same myself today must give the adviser a ring tomorrow

A bit more of make it up as they go. as has being the case at different times in glas to date.

a turn for teagasc and independent consultants almost undoubtedly i would think.

ruwithme wrote: »
    A bit more of make it up as they go. as has being the case at different times in glas to date.

a turn for teagasc and independent consultants almost undoubtedly i would think.
    In fairness to DAFM, if you read the GLAS T&C's you will see that it was there from the beginning. Most of us didn't read the T&C's in full at the time.

In fairness to DAFM, if you read the GLAS T&C's you will see that it was there from the beginning. Most of us didn't read the T&C's in full at the time.

I pulled out the terms and conditions book yesterday, sent back in 2015 yesterday, but couldnt see it. Found something vague about paperwork must be up to date or you'll face breaches. But I could have been looking in the wrong area of the book. Maybe it's a review of the plan we do with our advisor, but doesnt have to be submitted back to them, but kept for inspection , if they ever wanted to see it, like the annual records we keep ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

6. Core Requirements All applicants must:
    6.1. Engage the services of an approved Advisor to prepare and submit the application for support
    6.2. Undertake to have a Farm Nutrient Management Plan prepared for the holding by 31st March 2018. Actions involving reduced fertiliser inputs will be subject to a compulsory mid-term review of the nutrient management plan, as directed by the Department.
    https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/glastranche3/GLASTranche3TCs081216.pdf

6. Core Requirements All applicants must:
    6.1. Engage the services of an approved Advisor to prepare and submit the application for support
    6.2. Undertake to have a Farm Nutrient Management Plan prepared for the holding by 31st March 2018. Actions involving reduced fertiliser inputs will be subject to a compulsory mid-term review of the nutrient management plan, as directed by the Department.
    https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/glastranche3/GLASTranche3TCs081216.pdf

does it specify if the mid term review has to be submitted back to the department or just kept for inspection ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Sami23

does it specify if the mid term review has to be submitted back to the department or just kept for inspection ?

Either way it's more money going to the Advisor's :mad: ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭High bike

ruwithme wrote: »

spike to advisor today said was the first he heard about it, he's to check it out and come back to me

Advertisement