Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭Base price

ganmo wrote: »
    I dont think you can, I think I remember something in the ts and cs about not allowing leasing land in the the scheme.
    I don't think so either.
    Have a look at point 7.3 under Eligibility - https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/glastranche1/GLASTranche1TandCs071015.pdf

Water John wrote: »
    This may clarify BnB
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/beef/movement-issues-threaten-future-of-livestock-bb-37023647.html

Need to check with your agricultural Officer(AO) maybe. That is the Dept of Ag person allocated to you.
    You can only do a movement on AIM to a farm or show now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

I’m checking with my Agri advisor so I’ll let ye know 🙂 dept likes to complicate things don’t they!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

I’m checking with my Agri advisor so I’ll let ye know 🙂 dept likes to complicate things don’t they!!
    I spoke with the Agri advisor and yes it’s an issue. Basically with glas I have to have effective control over the land so it’s a no go even for a short term rent with stock etc. bit of a pain but I’ll work something around that!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Anyone else thrown out of GLAS? I'm posted my story before. Had inspection last October, thrown out in May, appealed, still no result? Has anyone else experienced this or similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

glas money showing up on amounts due today.

glas money showing up on amounts due today.
    Just checked and showing in mine too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭High bike

Same here wasn’t expecting it till next month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Same as. Thank goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Same as. Thank goodness

Surprised its early too but good to see it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Tas landed in the account

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭samjames

are inspections done by drones etc now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

samjames wrote: »

I had a man physically walk the land (with me in tow). Was expecting it to hold things up, but the money is showing on Agfood, thank God!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Sami23

KatyMac wrote: »
    I had a man physically walk the land (with me in tow). Was expecting it to hold things up, but the money is showing on Agfood, thank God!

Did he go into much detail with your record books. Did you fill them in yourself.
    Only asking as wondering do people write much in theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭toleratethis

samjames wrote: »

There's been talk of them in Dept I know, not aware of any decision to use or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Sami23 wrote: »
    Did he go into much detail with your record books. Did you fill them in yourself.
    Only asking as wondering do people write much in theirs

I had everything filled in. Dates for everything like fencing, spreading muck, fertilizer, animals in and out, etc. And then I let my advisor (Teagasc) have a look before I handed them over. He said most people that gave him records had an awful lot of empty pages that needed imagination to fill in correctly.
    Then posted the lot to Department with meal receipts and fert information. I haven't heard anything back and the money has arrived, so things must have looked okay. Only thing that came up was that a section of riverside fencing wasn't done properly so I will loose a bit of payment for that. From the figures in my bank account that hasn't happened yet, it's the same as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

are the inspections ongoing or are they finished for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Got paid here too. Welcome surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Tomjim wrote: »

I,de imagine their still ongoing. If i,m not mistaken it's part of the reason why the full due amount isn't paid till next year.

Tomjim wrote: »

May god literally bless the ground they walk on and keep them walking (as i squirm)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Tileman

ruwithme wrote: »
    May god literally bless the ground they walk on and keep them walking (as i squirm)

Still waiting on mine. Spotted an error at the ploughing. Told it was rectified but no sign of money yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Will there be another GLAS after this one expires ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭toleratethis

jntsnk wrote: »
    Will there be another GLAS after this one expires ?

It appears likely that there will be a gap between when GLAS1 contracts end and any future environmental scheme may begin. It was thought it may be possible to "roll over" GLAS1 on a one year contract but this may not be possible due to GLAS being a 5 year term contract (leaving aside the 3 months at the start) - unlike other schemes.

Future environmental schemes may well be more difficult to draw down. The new Eco scheme which is to replace Greening is coming under a lot of pressure to deliver a lot more benefits to the environment than Greening. As a farmer you cannot double draw down, so if there are more difficult measures to comply with for the farmer in an Eco scheme, then a future environmental scheme will have to go above and beyond those measures in the Eco scheme.

Of course none of this is agreed yet, but that appears the direction of travel at this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Thank you for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭older by the day

Hello people. I usually get my GLAS payment in December. I've seen nothing yet. Anyone else in the same boat. Is there a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Tileman

Hello people. I usually get my GLAS payment in December. I've seen nothing yet. Anyone else in the same boat. Is there a delay.

Most people have received their 85% at this stage. Ring Johnstown castle in Wexford which looks after Glas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭older by the day

Tileman wrote: »
    Most people have received their 85% at this stage. Ring Johnstown castle in Wexford which looks after Glas.

Thanks. Il let it alone, I must check my fencing first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Well lads and lassies, anybody else get notification of inspection for the new year?

I was just finished checking my now 4 monthly herd test, (and passed) when a cavan number rang to tell me, that I'm being inspected at 10:00 in morning, dept must be going to be my new best friend lol.

I personally have few tree bits not planted but hopeing for a warning, without claw back.

So Anyone that was inspected, were there lenient or strict at their inspecting?

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Well lads and lassies, anybody else get notification of inspection for the new year?

I was just finished checking my now 4 monthly herd test, (and passed) when a cavan number rang to tell me, that I'm being inspected at 10:00 in morning, dept must be going to be my new best friend lol.

I personally have few tree bits not planted but hopeing for a warning, without claw back.

So Anyone that was inspected, were there lenient or strict at their inspecting?

Thankfully i wasn't inspected since being in aeos.
    he pointed out a few things back then, but didn't call back on anything. It was in my opinion anyway a handier scheme so less to fault.
    maybe i,m wrong but i think there not as harsh on minor issues as they may have been in the past?? at least that's what i hope.
    best of luck with it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

ruwithme wrote: »
    Thankfully i wasn't inspected since being in aeos.
    he pointed out a few things back then, but didn't call back on anything. It was in my opinion anyway a handier scheme so less to fault.
    maybe i,m wrong but i think there not as harsh on minor issues as they may have been in the past?? at least that's what i hope.
    best of luck with it anyway.

Think glas a bit stricter with its set particularl options like bird boxes in exact places. I'll shall see tomorrow. Thank you ruwithme

Advertisement