Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

endainoz wrote: »
    The weather is North Clare has been fantastic since the rain on Sunday, silage to be made tomorrow and it'll be done for the year then.

With the crops gone away this month, there will be a lot for next year as well, I've never seen as many bán fields, never mind ones cut in May and the volume of grass was phenomenal.

Derval oRourke wouldn't even try hurdling the swarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Sami23

Sami23 wrote: »
    Just on GLAS in general do most of ye fill out the yearly RECORD BOOK's yourselves or get your planner to do it ?

Anyone ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Anyone ? :confused:

Planner

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

Sami23 wrote:
    Anyone ?

Do them myself. Not a massive amount to do in it really

PoorFarmer wrote: »
    Do them myself. Not a massive amount to do in it really

That's why I was asking as I did them for 2017 myself and was going to do them for 2018 too but got letter from planner looking for receipts for fert, meal, WBC etc.
    I rang up saying could I not fill it myself but was told that stuff had to be uploaded to system to be in compliance.

Sounds like he's just looking for handy few pound so as I didn't see anything in T&C's about any of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Sami23 wrote:
    Sounds like he's just looking for handy few pound so as I didn't see anything in T&C's about any of that

Do you very a bill from your planner every year for Glas?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

That's why I was asking as I did them for 2017 myself and was going to do them for 2018 too but got letter from planner looking for receipts for fert, meal, WBC etc.
    I rang up saying could I not fill it myself but was told that stuff had to be uploaded to system to be in compliance.

He needs you to be in compliance with his savings plan.

TPF2012 wrote: »
    Do you very a bill from your planner every year for Glas?

No I've had no bill from him since he did up my plan and NMP in 2016/2017.

Danzy wrote: »
    He needs you to be in compliance with his savings plan.

That's what I'm thinking alright but don't want to fall out with him either as there might be other schemes I'll need him for down the line.

Would it be possible he needs this info to update my NMP by any chance or is there any requirement for this to be done either ?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Sami23 wrote:
    No I've had no bill from him since he did up my plan and NMP in 2016/2017.

I'm getting one for glas and BPS Application even though I've been doing it online myself every year besides the 1st year of scheme. Should I pay it as I don't see what work he did to earn it?

• Advertisement

TPF2012 wrote: »
    I'm getting one for glas and BPS Application even though I've been doing it online myself every year besides the 1st year of scheme. Should I pay it as I don't see what work he did to earn it?

I would say no but maby give him a call and ask what is the bill for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭endainoz

Happy topping day lads, the major cyclone will be working overtime today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Just have the tractor filled with diesel will be a long day topping

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I says wrote: »
    OH serviced the disc mower on Saturday. I will head out after dinner to do some serious damage to docks and thistles and finally get the fields looking half decent again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

My LIPP is in 7 paddocks so I'll do them in rotation as they're grazed. It could be a month before I get round to the last one.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭High bike

I says wrote: »
    u must have had the dinner before u started at that time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

High bike wrote: »
    u must have had the dinner before u started at that time:D

Ah good man ya got out of the pit at last :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Aravo

Have a small garden area, it's about 1.5acres in a larger field. There is a broken down boundary hedge. Is there any restrictions in glas t&c's in removing same as both the garden area and larger field are within glas as trad hay meadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Aravo wrote: »
    Have a small garden area, it's about 1.5acres in a larger field. There is a broken down boundary hedge. Is there any restrictions in glas t&c's in removing same as both the garden area and larger field are within glas as trad hay meadow.
    I don't know about GLAS restrictions but I do know that under DAFM cross compliance rules you cannot remove a hedge unless you plant the same length of hedging BEFORE you remove the original one. There are even rules regarding what length of hedge you can remove before getting permission in advance.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/remove-hedgerows-stone-walls-ditches-peril/
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/forestry-enviro/environment/farmers-warned-they-face-penalties-for-illegally-removing-of-hedgerows-37884869.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭monseiur

Hi all, just a question on behalf of the O/H uncle who is not computer literate.
    He did a Glass course 18 months ago and it was his understanding that he'd be paid for attending this course by the Dept. of Agriculture through his Glass planner (which, to me, seems rather unusual, it may be a misunderstanding on his part)
    He was never paid and his Glass planner is not longer in business, he's now employed as a sales rep. Basically the question is - is he entitled to a payment and if so how much ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

monseiur wrote: »
    Hi all, just a question on behalf of the O/H uncle who is not computer literate.
    He did a Glass course 18 months ago and it was his understanding that he'd be paid for attending this course by the Dept. of Agriculture through his Glass planner (which, to me, seems rather unusual, it may be a misunderstanding on his part)
    He was never paid and his Glass planner is not longer in business, he's now employed as a sales rep. Basically the question is - is he entitled to a payment and if so how much ?
    Thanks
    My planner posted me a cheque, I think it was €158 or in around that.

monseiur wrote: »
    Thanks

Yes 158 euro from his planner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭monseiur

Thanks Oprmeath & Sami21, I'll pass on the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Hi all. Can you rent out glas land on a short term lease? It’s in traditional hay meadows.just checking in case there is some crazy caveat somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,177 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Would worry about your stocking rate and also your nitrates, as you then do not have control over your land, from a Dept POV. Sorry if that's negative, just trying to see stumbling blocks.

Stocking rate will be fine as I’ve actually gone down in numbers this year. I can call the Agri advisor
    In the morning and check out re the nitrates as well....any other stumbling blocks I need to check?

Heard recently that BnB for animals is no longer an option. If it's still there it might be a better option as you still have control of the land.
    On the stocking I was more worried about the min TBH as I don't know how intensive you are.

Possibly....it’s only for a couple of months but I’ll check it out with the advisor tomorrow and see how we go! So much regulations!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I dont think you can, I think I remember something in the ts and cs about not allowing leasing land in the the scheme.

• Advertisement

This may clarify BnB
    https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/beef/movement-issues-threaten-future-of-livestock-bb-37023647.html

Need to check with your agricultural Officer(AO) maybe. That is the Dept of Ag person allocated to you.

Advertisement