Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Cruiserweight Division Thread - Includes Raw & 205 Live *Spoilers*

Options
1234689

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 38,332 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009


    What way is the crusierweight division going to work on raw ???.

    2 matches per week like the divas or a lone hour of the show ??


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    What way is the crusierweight division going to work on raw ???.

    2 matches per week like the divas or a lone hour of the show ??

    I imagine the odd match here and there. I really hope the cruiserweights are kept seperate from the normal roster otherwise it's only a matter of time before they become cannon fodder for the likes of Rusev and Strowman.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,066 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy


    Can't wait for the Ultimate Cruiserweight matches with the belt hanging above the ring.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg


    Loughc wrote: »
    I imagine the odd match here and there. I really hope the cruiserweights are kept seperate from the normal roster otherwise it's only a matter of time before they become cannon fodder for the likes of Rusev and Strowman.

    Rusev could have decent matches with the cruisers. He's an excellent seller and would make them look strong against bigger men. Strowman is an abomination and should be left in the expert hands of James Ellsworth.


  • Registered Users Posts: 38,332 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009


    Clegg wrote: »
    Rusev could have decent matches with the cruisers. He's an excellent seller and would make them look strong against bigger men. Strowman is an abomination and should be left in the expert hands of James Ellsworth.

    Can't wait for the big show vs strowman fued (award winning stuff lol)

    I thought Zach Sabre would be a part of it, WWE are low on British superstars ATM and he could be a big star


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭ShagNastii


    They really have to keep the cruisers separate if they are to make the division work. That said, they will have to "graduate" people from the cruiserweight ranks.

    I'd say a few guys would fancy themselves to have more worth than a career exclusively in the cruise weight division.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM


    The cruisers will be separate. I think they(HHH) is really gonna push this division hard.

    As for guys graduating to the HW ranks, be patient. That doesnt need to happen for at least a year. Dont forget Rey Mysterio is a former WWE Champ so if somebody truely connects they will get a chance. Just be patient


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral


    LeeJM wrote: »
    Dont forget Rey Mysterio is a former WWE Champ so if somebody truely connects they will get a chance. Just be patient

    Rey was also possibly the worst one ever though to be fair. Having said that, Austin Aries going from X Division to Heavyweight was fantastic.


  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68


    Is there a thread for 205 live? well it's on now and it's..... not great. So far anyway.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    cian68 wrote: »
    Is there a thread for 205 live? well it's on now and it's..... not great. So far anyway.

    I'll rename this one, and update the spoiler warnings.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    So I've not seen it yet, but did see the results. Really annoyed it didn't register with me that a title change was massively likely on the debut edition of the show. Shouldn't have read spoilers until after I had watched it, but Reddit had them mixed in with their SD Live thread.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe


    I really don't think this will be a success on the network, any good work they've done building the division up during the CWC is gone now thanks to poor booking. Swann, Alexander and Gran Metalik do connect with the audience, but the sub par booking since the Cruisers went to Raw has given the audience no reason to watch or care.

    Really like Swann, I really wish him the best, and Alexander is so good, he just should be a mid carder outside of the division.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,066 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy


    Haven't watched yet. Don't know if I will since it now means 3 hours of wrestling to watch Tuesday and another 3 on Wednesday. But Yeah it was already going downhill on Raw considering the number of guys they had on the CWC yet then just go through variations of the same 6 guys on Raw.
    Were Jack and Akira on it?


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe


    Both were at the show, but only Jack G wrestled. This show was fine, but it has a lot to do to regain the interest of the wider audience. Double A was great on commentary.

    I like Davari as a wrestler, but he's suffering from the same lazy booking as his brother.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    Gallagher is phenomenal.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,066 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy


    Yeah, I'll watch it for him


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030


    Just checked out this week's 205 live and it's actually starting to take shape, I feel.

    Neville is actually really pulling off his heel character, and I like what Noam Dar is doing with the creepy stalker angle. Rich Swann really looks to be rising to the top of the babyface ranks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,066 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy


    Yeah was thinking the same. They've actually started to let them build characters. Perkins is still pretty bland though.

    Neville pulls off the evil face well. Though he does look massive compared to the other guys. Keep expecting him to attack Kendrick.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030


    Yeah I feel that Perkins was a bit of a tweener in the CWC, and it looked to all the world that he'd go on and become a heel. But they lost the "Devastate" theme tune (which I thought was great), and went with this video game character gimmick that looked good at first, but really hasn't gone anywhere. He'd be great at what Dar is doing now; would fit the lyrics to "Devastate" too.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7


    Neville is catching Miz and AJ as best heels in WWE. He is brilliant since his arrival on 205.

    The look of disdain for his opponents/fans/everyone, vicious behaviour, interviews are great.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe


    Ah hes way off the Miz character wise, but hes on the right track no doubt. Delighted hes actually being pushed and he is the best thing o happen to the division since it moved to Raw. TBK has been a let down, TJP hasnt worked as a whitemeat babyface and Rich Swann is still finding his feet.

    Im loving Naom Dar though. Slimey and well spoken and a great worker.

    I predict Cedric v Neville at WM.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,066 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy


    You scoundrel! You forgot about the Perfect Gentleman, Jack Gallagher


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe


    CastorTroy wrote: »
    You scoundrel! You forgot about the Perfect Gentleman, Jack Gallagher

    I love Jack, but its early days for him and I fear WWE giving up on him so Im not getting my hopes up.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7


    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah hes way off the Miz character wise, but hes on the right track no doubt. Delighted hes actually being pushed and he is the best thing o happen to the division since it moved to Raw. TBK has been a let down, TJP hasnt worked as a whitemeat babyface and Rich Swann is still finding his feet.

    Im loving Naom Dar though. Slimey and well spoken and a great worker.

    I predict Cedric v Neville at WM.

    Miz is great at talking, Neville just has a great presence about him without saying anything. Miz needs to be talking to be great so I think they are differant types but doing good heel work in differant ways. Miz is still ahead of course.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88


    id be positive that the cruiserweights will get the ladder match this year


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe


    Im positive there will be many lads lumped into the Andre Battle Royal and many missing out on a WM spot all toghther. 2 World title matches, 2 mid card titles, 2 tag titles plus 2 womens matches.... thats 8 already plus a battle royal and a potential CWC match.


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral


    sky88 wrote: »
    id be positive that the cruiserweights will get the ladder match this year

    I never knew I wanted this until you said it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030


    I'm very impressed with Mustafa Ali too. Cut a good promo last week after receiving a pop in his hometown, and followed it up this week with a good match against Dar. They won't do this, but he could have a nice gimmick as a sort of counter-alt-right babyface, with faith in the goodness of the Americans accepting everyone for who they are, etc.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88


    Neil3030 wrote: »
    I'm very impressed with Mustafa Ali too. Cut a good promo last week after receiving a pop in his hometown, and followed it up this week with a good match against Dar. They won't do this, but he could have a nice gimmick as a sort of counter-alt-right babyface, with faith in the goodness of the Americans accepting everyone for who they are, etc.

    All foreigners are evil havent you heard i cant wait for finns evil demon foreigner gimmick.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89


    Is this worth watching? Watched week one and didn't fancy it especially with the amount of wrestling content there is to try and get through but sounds like it has gotten better the last two weeks going by comments.


Advertisement