Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Cruiserweight Division Thread - Includes Raw & 205 Live *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see there is talk now that Finn was asked to contact Ibushi and ask him to take part.

That will do his backstage rep the power of good if he is seen as a go to guy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It was five months ago when Daniel Bryan said his goodbyes to the WWE Universe, but now, the leader of the “Yes!” Movement is making his return to WWE television. The former WWE World Heavyweight Champion will be joining Mauro Ranallo to host the Cruiserweight Classic this summer on WWE Network.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/cruiserweightclassic/article/cruiserweight-classic-hosts-revealed

Great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Its definitely good news to see Bryan back involved in the business he loves so much. But Bryan has never been the greatest at putting his point across. I hope he will be a brilliant commentator and that he embraces this and that he is the best thing to happen to commentary since Lance Russell, but I personally wont be holding my breath. Mauro is a great choice for this tho. He genuinely loves his graps so he will thrive in this position. Cant wait for the first show. Still think its ZSJ who will win beating Rich Swann or Kota Ibushi in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah that's actually gonna be a really professional team who knows their stuff. Might start off tricky enough until they get a flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

really looking forward to this, be worth the wwe network price for this on its own! have they announced when the finals and that will be? and does this mean we're going to see the cruiserweight belt back?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Cruiser title would be a good idea for NXT as it grows.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Have avoided spoilers as I want to watch it fresh, but going by the few things I've seen on Twitter it sounds like it was brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Have avoided spoilers as I want to watch it fresh, but going by the few things I've seen on Twitter it sounds like it was brilliant :D
    Also avoiding spoilers, but has it all been recorded? Or are there more recordings or live specials to be done?

I have read the spoilers. Im delighted by what I have read. First round matches were recorded last night, thats all I will say. And just to say before ppl see the matches remember the CWC isnt just about the tournament it was basically a 27 man try out camp (minus Gargano, Ciampa, Swann, Tajiri and Kendrick) to get these guys in and evaluate them. Watch them over the few days, see how they interact in a locker room, how they take instruction, criticism etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I'd love to see Dar doing well out of it, his charisma in ring is something else!

• Advertisement

I know it was all scripted, but Bryan does well in that intro video.

Watched the preview to see Zumbi but he wasn't there.

A google search says he is in a tournament in Mexico so had to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

When is this actually airing ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

When is this actually airing ?

The first episode is airing July 13th. There's a special preview show airing on the 6th.

The Bracketology episode is really good IMO. Love how serious they position it, with weigh ins and with who is talking. Focused on a few guys and gave me reasons to care bout them. Really excited for this now.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The Bracketology episode is really good IMO. Love how serious they position it, with weigh ins and with who is talking. Focused on a few guys and gave me reasons to care bout them. Really excited for this now.

Really well done and exactly what I want to see on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ya, bracketology was brilliant. Right move having Mauro there. Was surprised at how much Daniel Bryan brings to the table too. Great to see he seems to be in a good place again.

I'd like to see Rich Swann do well in this, his back story is intriguing

Bracketology was a great hype to really amp up the hype for this. ZSJ, Kota Ibushi, Gran Metalik and Swann being prominently featured is no surprise. Interesting to note that Jack Gallagher was featured and yet nothing was mentioned of Noam Dar who they are supposedly very high on. I expect a ZSJ Swann final. Give that match 30 mins and it will be a MOTYC

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

To be honest I'll be shocked if we don't see a Ibushi/Zack Sabre Jr. Final. Can feel it in my bones.

I know he won't go too far but I hope Kendrick gets a good run. His story about "this is my last chance" and the teary eyes hit me hard. Maybe cause I loved him years ago, but it's a genuine story and I hope they use it a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Watched the bracketology earlier and Graves is brilliant.

Graves: "Next match up is between Tomasso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano...I hope they both lose"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Enjoyed the bracketology. Didn't realize tj Perkins was manik from tna.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Well that was a great show. Love how they're experimenting with new camera angles and stuff for it. And the wider turnbuckle pads to allow for better ariel moves. Was some great spots throughout. Lookin forward to next week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I know he won't go too far but I hope Kendrick gets a good run. His story about "this is my last chance" and the teary eyes hit me hard. Maybe cause I loved him years ago, but it's a genuine story and I hope they use it a bit.

I'm a little disappointed Paul London wasn't in it too. Would have been nice to see him and Kendrick face each other like Gargano and Ciampa.

Angron wrote: »
    I'm a little disappointed Paul London wasn't in it too. Would have been nice to see him and Kendrick face each other like Gargano and Ciampa.

From what I know, London really, really hated his time in WWE and has massive dislike of HHH. While,I loved him in the tag team with Kendrick, he strikes me as a lunatic whenever I have seen his shoots and I'd say bridges have been burned with regards him and WWE.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh yeah, I absolutely understand why he wouldn't be there, it just would have been a nice little reminiscence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,993 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just watching it, nice to have time limits again and making sure the ref is filmed checking the wrestlers before the fights like a real fight, it is those touches the main shows are missing

Well that went well. Really was a nice change to have a show feel totally different than Raw. The real sports presentation was very welcome. Mauro and Bryan were ok, but only ok. Hopefully they will improve as the tournament progresses.

The matches were fun for the most part. Metalik is somebody I expect will be signed soon, he looked good without doing too much. Hoho Lun is bad, like really bad. You just know hes there solely because of where he is from. Cedric Alexander and Petoit put on a damn good match. Petoit is a solid hand but defo isnt ready for WWE yet. Cedric though is a star in the making. My god is he ready!

Kota Ibushi vs Sean Maluta was great. Maluta shocked the hell out of me. He is raw but you can see the potential is there. Send him to Gabe for a year and then get him into the PC and he could really go places. Kota is just fantastic. Them strikes though! And the Last Ride looked vicious.

All in all a solid start to the CWC. Looking forward to next week now and seeing Tajiri return :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ibushi did something we really don't see too often and kinda distracts me when done wrong. When he moved out of the way of the frog splash, he moved after Maluta had left the turnbuckle or just as he was leaving. Usually we see guys moving and then wonder why the guy on the turnbuckle still jumped.

Liked the "Shooting Star Press" shout from both commentators at the same time. Saez was really selling, though maybe a bit too much at times. Metalik accidentally lost his mask as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Liked the presentation. Love the fact that Mauro is commentating, name dropping the likes of Chris Hero and Kazuchika Okada. It's nice to see NJPW and other organisations getting mentioned.

Ibushi is fantastic. If nobody has seen it, go out of your way to see him at Wrestle Kingdom 9 vs Nakamura.

Also, ever hear the saying "He'd have a good match with a broom"? Ibushi has had some really class matches vs a dummy. Like a blow up doll. Look it up!

Advertisement