Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Cruiserweight Division Thread - Includes Raw & 205 Live *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

That's gona sting in the mornin. Outstanding stuff. and a new belt too. Can't wait to see what they do with this Cruiserweight division on Raw....
    Delighted for Perkins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

That was an absolute stand out match. It was phenomenal. Perkins is an amazing talent, made up for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Question is now will he defend it at clash of champions? Surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Hope there's a wild six man tag on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Great way to end the CWC. Ibushi vs TJP is a ***** match and probably my MOTY right now. Just an outstanding match. Nice new belt and 2 stars were made tonight in TJP and Metalik.

I love Sabre and im a little disappointed he isnt signed but he will now benefit from being one of the main men left on the indies. He needs to go for the full on heel pr*ck role i think for some of his non fans to accept him. But i have no doubt he will be a part of WWE some time in the not too distant future.

Im calling it now, Marty Scrull will win next years CWC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That was 4 absolutely incredible matches. I kind of figured Perkins would win; with Ibushi and Sabre not signing, they weren't going to be winning. And TJ is a better poster boy over Metalik; doesn't need a transalator, has a ggood look.

Its a shame Raw will probably have Perkins jobbing to Strowman within 4 weeks :/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That was 4 absolutely incredible matches. I kind of figured Perkins would win; with Ibushi and Sabre not signing, they weren't going to be winning. And TJ is a better poster boy over Metalik; doesn't need a transalator, has a ggood look.

Its a shame Raw will probably have Perkins jobbing to Strowman within 4 weeks :/

Who out of the CWC are actually signed to WWE? Do they actually have a cruiserweight division for Raw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Who out of the CWC are actually signed to WWE? Do they actually have a cruiserweight division for Raw?

TJP, Gran Metalik, Brian Kendrick, Rich Swann, Akira Tozawa, Gargano & Ciampa (likely to stay on NXT), Jack Gallagher, Noam Dar, Tajiri, Sin Cara will be involved im sure and likely guys like Tony Nese, Sean Maluta etc will be brought in now and again for matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

With the introduction of the Cruiserweight division on Raw I hope they finally have something for Neville to do. He's far too good a wrestler to be mid/low card fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

TJ Perkins was the right choice to win this tournament. Zack Sabre JR and Ibushi didn't need to win this tournament since they were already big names before tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The entire CWC was awesome and has provided some of the best matches the WWE has had in a long time.

It really is a pity Ibushi isn't signing as every single match he had was a classic (Alexander, Kendrick, TJP) but apart from him and Sabre they virtually signed everyone else so the division on Raw really should be great. The CWC also showed that they don't need storylines (take note Raw as here is where you will screw up I fear) as the matches themselves tell great ones if you just allow them time to tell them.

I assume we will get TJPs first title defense at Clash of Champions now but when the division debuts on Monday we will probably get a no.1 contenders match which can showcase the division to the audience. Maybe it will be like what SD just did for Becky's first champion and be a big multi-man match that would be amazing fast paced action with the people they can have involved.

like TSC I could kinda call TJP for the reasons he stated especially once the final 4 were announced (and Ibushi & Sabre hadn't signed) but I do honestly think they made the right choice and he is also a safe choice when you think of just how much experience he has despite not being near the end of his career a la Kendrick.

It's a pity the CWC is over even if there really is enough hours of WWE programming a week already and I will miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TJ Perkins is 32? Maybe I'm just bad with ages but he looks 21-22 to me.

J. Marston wrote: »
    TJ Perkins is 32? Maybe I'm just bad with ages but he looks 21-22 to me.

He's an eternal babyface :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just a note too about Ranello, the CWC (and Bryan's co-commentary) really brought out his very best work, and I venture the whole thing would not have been near the same without him (them).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great final and I guess it only makes sense to crown him Cruiserweight champ as well.
    He has a heelish manner about him at times.

They won't get as much time on Raw, but I hope they get time at PPVs. I think they should make the CW title match one of the main events.

And I just remembered it means more of Jack Gallagher.

LeeJM wrote: »
    TJP, Gran Metalik, Brian Kendrick, Rich Swann, Akira Tozawa, Gargano & Ciampa (likely to stay on NXT), Jack Gallagher, Noam Dar, Tajiri, Sin Cara will be involved im sure and likely guys like Tony Nese, Sean Maluta etc will be brought in now and again for matches.

I think they have essentially signed everyone except the 2 that chose not to sign.

For example The Bollywood boys Gurv Sihra & Harv Sihra went up against Sean Maluda & Martin Stone in a tag team match before the show started.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Another misused ex-TNA wrestler gone on to achieve great success in the bigger company.

Where's that Dixie crying image?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlCpbzBpLBjMh1-rw-lDdkmZYWfuhZv2pYtxnH1I8m0q1dHF8pqw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I watched Zack sabre versus Noam dar last night. The little things they did. Like dar having sabre in a submission. Sabre trying to get to the ropes and dar kicking his back to stop him. The ending with sabre head butting dars elbow with that deadly looking submission.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2016-09-19/article/cruiserweights-arrive-raw?sf36134052=1

7 Cruiserweights confirmed for Raw.

TJ Perkins
    Brian Kendrick
    Rich Swann
    Gran Metalik
    Cedric Alexander
    Lince Dorado
    Noam Dar

Akira Tozawa is apparently having his farewell match at Dragon Gate this Thursday. Jack Gallagher, afaik, has also confirmed he's on his way too. And Tajiri is also apparenrtly going to be involved. But those three aren't 100% confirmed yet.

So I imagine we get the six confirmed (minus TJ) competing in some sort of Number 1 contenders match.

So, so happy we'll get to hear "Man with a Plan" on Raw again :D

Ck2n9JyUoAAIGcj.jpg

• Advertisement

Raw ran a promo 2 or 3 weeks back advertising the Cruiserweights coming to Raw and included Gallagher and Tozawa as 2 of 3 or 4 that they had by name. I just remember seeing them and being happy because they were probably the 2 guys I found most entertaining to watch during the tournament.

I wonder if the whole tournamnet wasn't pre recorded, would the results be much different when the likes of Sabre and Ibushi wouldn't sign

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kendrick needs to bring back those flashy jackets he used to wear when he was The Brian Kendrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Might sound stupid but I'd say the cruiserweight division will be very much of the WCW-ilk where it was almost solely about the wrestling (much like the CWC itself) and black/white fueds weren't really a thing.

Outside of Jericho's priceless run I can't really think of a really solid overly storylined battle for the title.

Just as long as Hornswoggle gets a chance to reclaim his title then all will be right with the world. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm quite glad Metalik didn't win. Not sure why, but he does nothing for me. If it couldn't be my favourite in the tournament (ZSJ), then I'm happy it went to someone like Perkins.

Really looking forward to seeing what they can do on Raw now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That belt looks like something designed for Danger Mouse Neville

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

My one disappointing aspect has been zsj. I hadn't seen him at all really but the hype around him I was expecting to like him a lot but his matches just did nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

sky88 wrote: »
    My one disappointing aspect has been zsj. I hadn't seen him at all really but the hype around him I was expecting to like him a lot but his matches just did nothing for me.

Also he looks like he could put on 150 pounds and still be a cruiserweight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd echo the comments about ZSJ. Even when I saw him at OTT a few months back I wasn't convinced of the hype that he has.

He has five star skills and a decent amount of charisma for sure. Think it really is the body issue. I couldn't argue with somebody who called him "puny".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    TJ Perkins
    Brian Kendrick
    Rich Swann
    Cedric Alexander
    Noam Dar

Hooray!

----

Hope Smackdown gets some kind of endurance championship. Back during the ol' brand split I thought the ECW title should have always been held under Extreeeeeme Rules to distinquish it from the others. Not the weaponsfest, as much as I love the Hardcore Championship, but something where there are no rope breaks or count outs or sutin.

*arrival of KFC championship*

Oh for fu--

Advertisement