Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator: Dark Fate **Spoilers from post 983**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,566 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

And more...spoiler alert (IMAX trailer)

The mind boggles as to why release so much footage?

A lot of movies seem to have this problem these days.

I don't get it.

I giggled at the endoskeleton holding on for dear life in the truck :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Why release more footage?

Presumably because the studio are anxious about the film and figure more 'splosions might get more bums on seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

pixelburp wrote: »

Presumably because the studio are anxious about the film and figure more 'splosions might get more bums on seats.

You read my mind.
    If the general feeling is that people are shi*ting online about your movie, well then you gotta try and convince them otherwise. Who cares about spoilers. It's all about as a$s every 18 inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

A sad end to a franchise in terminal decline.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I remember being younger hoping that they'd properly explore the war between man and machine. Instead, they just seem intent on repeating the same formula over and over again. I'm not sure if I'll see it. Maybe if the reviews are good.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I will say one thing in its favour, I'm liking Linda Hamilton's swagger, and has lost nothing of the badass from T2. I have a feeling she'll end up stealing the limelight from the younger, nominal stars the script wants us to care about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I will say one thing in its favour, I'm liking Linda Hamilton's swagger, and has lost nothing of the badass from T2. I have a feeling she'll end up stealing the limelight from the younger, nominal stars the script wants us to care about.

That's fair enough. I think I'm just tired of seeing the same story trotted out yet again.

For all its many deep and glaring flaws, Salvation did at least try something new.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

That's fair enough. I think I'm just tired of seeing the same story trotted out yet again.

For all its many deep and glaring flaws, Salvation did at least try something new.

Oh I'm totally tired of it all, and since day-dreaming my "Terminator in WW2", no sequel is going to match my new head-canon :D

The only smart move so far seems to have been to get back Sarah Connor, one-woman war machine. And who knows, the trailers suggest the film has a lot more stripped-back narrative than Genisys & Salvation were, so perhaps this may yet come good...

The movie looks potentially good and fast paced from what I see now.

Main perception problem has stemmed from them totally screwing up the first trailer and getting the tone with that trailer completely wrong.

Since then the marketing has been MUCH better but they put themselves in the position of having to go in to recovery mode.

Self inflicted. Bizarre because the tone (and mind numbing music choice) of that trailer was clearly not the tone the movie actually is based on what we see now.

So yeah it will get a chance from me.

I think it will be the best since T2 but that is such a low bar to clear.

• Advertisement

Even then it's pretty unusual to release a good chunk of an entire chase scene?Never seen that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm not gonna watch the russian language extended clip

This was decent enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Even then it's pretty unusual to release a good chunk of an entire chase scene?Never seen that before.

The chase happens very early on in the movie and was edited and made ready for use in cons and stuff ages ago because it doesn't actually spoil anything super important (Just that there is a terminator chasing somebody, there's the Kyle Reese type, and here comes Sarah) and lends itself to an audience and a big screen.

It wasn't meant for general release now, either, it was part of an IMAX promo that leaked.

From what I can tell that sequence is basically the first ten minutes of the movie - all the plot comes afterwards.

Regarding Linda vs the younger characters - I wouldn’t consider it "stealing". My read of the spoilers is that it's basically her movie, it's about where she is now - the younger characters are just the X23's to her Logan story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Extended Red Band trailer -

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Arnie looks like Graham Norton firing a machine gun in the thumbnail.

Looks like there'll be at least one homage/rip off of T2 with the helicopter chasing our heroes. Looks like the blood might be CGi, which of course sucks. I dunno about this one. I vascilate between it looking rubbish and that it might surprise. If they bring it back to basics, you never know ...

You told me hope was futile pixelburp! :mad:

It's the hope that hurts the most in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Feels like I’ve seen the whole move at this stage anyway.

Should have just done a future war movie and be done with it.

You told me hope was futile pixelburp! :mad:

It's the hope that hurts the most in the end.

Lol! Youre first mistake was listening to me, think you're the only one ;) yeah I am majorly swinging on this one. I've seen hints that it might be an okay ride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

lola85 wrote: »
    Feels like I’ve seen the whole move at this stage anyway.

Should have just done a future war movie and be done with it.

Great point re the trailers.

Plus they gave away the special ability of the enemy Terminator.

Why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Looks absolutely sh*te if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Corvo wrote: »
    Looks absolutely sh*te if I'm honest.

Yip, I'll hope for the best, but am expecting the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The dreaded early Twitter Reaction for this film is positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Early reactions on the film are "Best sequel since T2" and "It's like Force Awakens" take what you will from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Early reactions on the film are "Best sequel since T2"
    :cool:
    and "It's like Force Awakens" take what you will from that.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Early reactions on the film are "Best sequel since T2" and "It's like Force Awakens" take what you will from that.

Usually means it's actually bad but not offensively bad so we'll rave about it.

Man, if we want to talk about "bias", then I can't think of more heavily biased reviews than early Twitter reactions. If they're not shills, they're Ultras won over by early-access tickets, usually gushing with enthusiasm to get those retweet endorphin hits. I'd sooner listen to Donal Clarke than first-view Twitters. Tweets? Twits? :D

Anyway, look forward to the next phase of Blockbuster Discussion: the aggregator scoring, and deconstruction thereof ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Man, if we want to talk about "bias", then I can't think of more heavily biased reviews than early Twitter reactions. If they're not shills, they're Ultras won over by early-access tickets, usually gushing with enthusiasm to get those retweet endorphin hits. I'd sooner listen to Donal Clarke than first-view Twitters. Tweets? Twits? :D

Anyway, look forward to the next phase of Blockbuster Discussion: the aggregator scoring, and deconstruction thereof ;)
    Opening day aggregated review score is similarly skewed. Yeah, no point reading too much into this.

• Advertisement

Very positive reviews.

Problem is saying it is the best since T2 is such a low bar to clear.

The 'Grace' character getting a lot of praise.

Advertisement