Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator: Dark Fate **Spoilers from post 983**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,580 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

batgoat wrote: »
    Based on some posters in this thread, Terminator 2 would have been too feministy in the present day.

I'm calling the new one 'Terminator: Social Justice Warrior' from now on :pac:

Might have expected a new trailer or something today?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

HIM YOU YOU'RE DEAD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Full trailer.... Credit to them for not giving too much away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Mr E wrote: »
    Full trailer.... Credit to them for not giving too much away.

489451.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I don't think it's sarcasm cos we still don't know a lot, including the obvious question: where is and what happened to John Connor that he's not involved in this? Dead, I guess, with this girl presumably being his daughter and the next Connor in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not sarcasm, because there are still so many unanswered questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I watched one reaction video to the trailer, one of the points was no John Connor? is his character just going to be a bit player in the movie?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

pixelburp wrote: »
    Dead, I guess, with this girl presumably being his daughter and the next Connor in line.

Maybe but I didn't get that impression from the way they spoke to/about her.

It'll be interesting to know how she's related to it, what shes done or is to do in the future that she needs protection.

Trailer looks ok.

It needs the real Terminator music to feel right though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me (counts number of poor sequels that had cool looking trailers)... 3 times, shame on me.

Yeah sure, looks cool but it's all just bits of the other movies mashed together in a pretty package. Enhanced human (reusing idea from Salvation). New Terminators look like a progression of the Genysis nano-bot Terminators. Sarah Connor & T-800 (not sure what Sarah's issue is with the T-800 given T2). New future savior of the war to protect.

The key element for me is if they can re-capture the impending, unstoppable dread of the chase that T1 and T2 had. This looks like it's just another Terminator action movie with OTT CGI sequences.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Bacchus wrote: »
    not sure what Sarah's issue is with the T-800 given T2.
    Was thinking that!

Maybe they had some sort of a fling that ended badly.

not sure what Sarah's issue is with the T-800 given T2

Do you really want to know? - warning: potential major spoiler though...
    According to the leaks that T-800 kills JC in a bar by the beach at the start of the movie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me (counts number of poor sequels that had cool looking trailers)... 3 times, shame on me.

Yeah sure, looks cool but it's all just bits of the other movies mashed together in a pretty package. Enhanced human (reusing idea from Salvation). New Terminators look like a progression of the Genysis nano-bot Terminators. Sarah Connor & T-800 (not sure what Sarah's issue is with the T-800 given T2). New future savior of the war to protect.

The key element for me is if they can re-capture the impending, unstoppable dread of the chase that T1 and T2 had. This looks like it's just another Terminator action movie with OTT CGI sequences.

There's even a scene in one of the trailers where 'Carl' (yes, that is this films name for the T-800, runs a drapery business, apparently) is using a mounted machine gun to destroy the REV 9 which is a rip off of a scene at the beginning of Salvation where John Connor does the exact same thing to a Terminator...

Frankly, it's gona be like a really crap best of (worst of?) of the franchise so far. At least Genysis didn't take itself seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

There's even a scene in one of the trailers where 'Carl' (yes, that is this films name for the T-800, runs a drapery business, apparently) is using a mounted machine gun to destroy the REV 9 which is a rip off of a scene at the beginning of Salvation where John Connor does the exact same thing to a Terminator...

Frankly, it's gona be like a really crap best of (worst of?) of the franchise so far. At least Genysis didn't take itself seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxCYAluYlXQ tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Completely forgot about that scene too.

I mean one homage is fine but rehashing the same thing over and over again?

I have to say this is starting to look a lot better and darker than that first trailer which missed the mark completely.

And here is the R rated trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,894 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

That's the first one I saw this morning.........so was surprised to see people commentating (elsewhere) as they were until I saw the other one.

Either way, they're both well dodgy.

• Advertisement

I have seen just about enough to give it the benefit of the doubt. Best to keep expectations low given all the false dawns.

My biggest gripe is the number of writers. 6 writers can never be a good sign :\

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I think we just about saw everything in that trailer.

Humorous take on it

It is true how Cameron burned his bridges with the franchise by endorsing Genisys.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,481 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The best Terminator anything since T2 was The Sarah Connors Chronicles.

That trailer was terrible/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The best Terminator anything since T2 was The Sarah Connors Chronicles.

That trailer was terrible/

And that's saying something given it was severely limited in what it could and couldn't do in the shadow of a creaking film franchise.

I saw a headline today which said Cameron wasn't on set at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he slapped his name on this so he'd get more $$$ for his Avatar films.

Given he told Arnie to do T3 but to also absolutely fleece the studio while he's at it, it's not much of a stretch to say he doesn't care about Terminator anymore.

I'm sure Hamilton has done a good job on this film but her return is just another corporate ploy really. I'd say she's been well imbursed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

And that's saying something given it was severely limited in what it could and couldn't do in the shadow of a creaking film franchise.

I saw a headline today which said Cameron wasn't on set at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he slapped his name on this so he'd get more $$$ for his Avatar films.

Given he told Arnie to do T3 but to also absolutely fleece the studio while he's at it, it's not much of a stretch to say he doesn't care about Terminator anymore.

I'm sure Hamilton has done a good job on this film but her return is just another corporate ploy really. I'd say she's been well imbursed.

He was involved to the point that script feedback went through him and all the casting choices needed his sign off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

a not a fan reaction, a spoiler towards the end

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

So a new trailer for this in Korea shows how the liquid metal thing is destroyed. Not the endoskeleton though.

What is it with Hollywood and trailers? They can't help themselves spoiling movies.

everybody knows that if they show pretty much every action sequence in the movie into the trailer that all you have to look forward to is a steaming pile of poo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

looks like absolute dog shyte, even worse than genisys if that's possible..

Advertisement