Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWW : Connacht vs Leinster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Sean Kinsella

crisco10 wrote: »
    Not a great match really. Connacht defo miles better than leinster but they only got one score from a bounce of the ball.

But that one bounce of the ball was something we we couldn't recover and wouldn't if we were still attacking their line, as I type.

I'm as blue eyed a Leinster fan as you can get. Went to Blackrock, been going to Leinster games since I was 13 and despite all my family being avid GAA members, rugby and Leinster are the core of my sporting interests.

That said, I find it hard not to be delighted for Connacht tonight. This is the first time the provinces have met as equals and Connacht came out on top. That has to be huge.

On the flip side, a couple of Leinster players need to really look at themselves. Thought Dominic Ryan made some high visibility errors but despite these worked his ass off.

Our half backs took the day off. Don't know what happened.

But this for me raises questions about Isa and Leo. Where was the bloody intensity? Real lack of leadership and determination?

Sexton was massively missed, Madigan is already getting a tan in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

SlickRic wrote: »
    If you pick and go like that, there's a significant chance you'll be held up as that's where all the bodies are.

Haha, do you think maybe there might be a reason every team in the world from J5 to international level does it? Or are they all just getting it wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

Korat wrote: »
    Leinster looked certain to score at the end holding them out will give Connacht real confidence going into the big games coming up. I wish them luck.
    This was the big game. Job done. Top 6 secured. Top 4 secured pretty much.

Haha, do you think maybe there might be a reason every team in the world from J5 to international level does it? Or are they all just getting it wrong?

Well perhaps other teams are capable of different things, on occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭neelia11

Madigan is already getting a tan in France.

those two kicks in his own 22 within a minute of each other that were blocked was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

A well deserved win. Congratulations to Connacht. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

ebbsy wrote: »
    Leinster are like Man Utd. They were good once.

This is the most stupidly lazy comment I've read in a long time.

They lose by a point to the league leaders away and are all of a sudden "good once"? Nonsense.

We're second with our own fate still in our hands. Grand. Next week please.

(Also, well done Connacht, long may it continue, you magnificent bastards).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Congrats to connaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Great game. MOM was Aki, followed by Lam. Amazing was two decent Kiwi's can do for a development team!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Couldn't get a working stream for this. I got lucky by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I'm as blue eyed a Leinster fan as you can get. Went to Blackrock, been going to Leinster games since I was 13 and despite all my family being avid GAA members, rugby and Leinster are the core of my sporting interests.

That said, I find it hard not to be delighted for Connacht tonight. This is the first time the provinces have met as equals and Connacht came out on top. That has to be huge.

On the flip side, a couple of Leinster players need to really look at themselves. Thought Dominic Ryan made some high visibility errors but despite these worked his ass off.

Our half backs took the day off. Don't know what happened.

But this for me raises questions about Isa and Leo. Where was the bloody intensity? Real lack of leadership and determination?

Sexton was massively missed, Madigan is already getting a tan in France.

sums up exactly how I feel - Connacht are my second team , grandparents all from the West , it meant so much for them , kind of glad they won. Also agree about Ryan. 2 knock ons and some people reckon he shouldn't play again , I think for him he should leave Leinster this year , perhaps Connacht and hopefully fullfill all that ability he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

At the game on the scoring side (town side)...

A huge performance by the Connaght front row...

Buckley and Beylam took everything that was given them from an Irish International front row and gave it back in spades...

Aki as usual was brilliant...

I will point out the game was freezing and for any player is extremely tough...

Incredible win for Connaght...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

sheep? wrote: »
    This is the most stupidly lazy comment I've read in a long time.

They lose by a point to the league leaders away and are all of a sudden "good once"? Nonsense.

We're second with our own fate still in our hands. Grand. Next week please.

(Also, well done Connacht, long may it continue, you magnificent bastards).

Also Leinster have been playing without large parts of their first choice team for a lot of this season and are still 2nd. So I wouldn't be writing them off at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

thebaz wrote: »
    sums up exactly how I feel - Connacht are my second team , grandparents all from the West , it meant so much for them , kind of glad they won. Also agree about Ryan. 2 knock ons and some people reckon he shouldn't play again , I think for him he should leave Leinster this year , perhaps Connacht and hopefully fullfill all that ability he has.

Honestly don't want him...

We want Jack Ryan... He is right for us..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

MugMugs wrote: »
    I genuinely cannot see Leinster come away with a loss.

Did you manage to see it ok this evening? 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Did you manage to see it ok this evening? 😅
    It was a moral victory ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

CowboyTed wrote: »
    Honestly don't want him...

We want Jack Ryan... He is right for us..

Which one though? The original Alec Baldwin incarnation? Maybe the sexy Chris Pine one? Or play it safe with Harrison Ford?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I plan on getting drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Fantastic from Connacht to hold out there. Even six months ago they probably wouldn't have managed that. Also great to see fringe players taking their chance and doing so well - McKeon has lost out to Masterson and O'Brien this season but was great off the bench against Edinburgh last week and all game tonight. Shane O'Leary did really well coming to a difficult situation also - it would be good to see some more of him.

I haven't seen much of Luke McGrath up to now but it seems unbelievable that some Leinster supporters were touting him for caps ahead of Marmion. He was dreadful and, even if that is below his usual level, if he is capable of that low a standard he has no business in the Ireland squad for now. When you see players like him and Marsh last week playing so poorly you wonder at the standard of player Leinster are bringing through their academy compared to the players they are passing on. A lot of potentially quality players are probably being lost to Irish professional rugby in the Leinster system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Nigel's reffing of the hindmost foot has gone well beyond a joke, both teams benefited/suffered from it tonight. Astonishing not to get a pen from one of those last scrums, but there you go. Well played Connacht, see you in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

really enjoyed that finish. Lam has the westies humming. The just want to play rugby, it could be a hurricane outside and they will pass it around.
    I hope we get connacht glasgow final, it would be the dream final.
    Thank you Lam and Connacht, the province they first want disbanded and then they wanted as a feeder club, you play simple rugby and it is like watching the all Blacks at times.
    Was Uncle Joe there tonight.

wp_rathead wrote: »
    I plan on getting drunk
    Insane and memorable. And you suggest to lose the memory by getting drunk?

LBP vs deserved league leaders not a bad result, has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Insane and memorable. And you suggest to lose the memory by getting drunk?

Just a few beverages

sheep? wrote: »

Next week please.

Vs Munster?

Who will back themselves after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Who says sport us good for you? Those last ten minutes put years on me.

Delighted with the win, didn't fancy our chances going into the second half with that scoreline and that wind.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Toh butter quality more like ;)
    LBP vs deserved league leaders not a bad result, has to be said.
    Now you don't have to agree with me but I really do like tony wards viewpoint. We do not have to witness this slog stuff and accept it. Tony wrote about Connacht playing all exciting stuff. But then he begged the question how they could hang out against an utterly negative team. Good question tony. Point proven now me thinks. And Joe have a look at it. We can close a game out against your international team. What does that say for your selections?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Now you don't have to agree with me but I really do like tony wards viewpoint. We do not have to witness this slog stuff and accept it. Tony wrote about Connacht playing all exciting stuff. But then he begged the question how they could hang out against an utterly negative team. Good question tony. Point proven now me thinks. And Joe have a look at it. We can close a game out against your international team. What does that say for your selections?

WTF are you talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

It looked like the wind seriously died in the second half, can anyone that was there confirm or deny?

Leinster lose another game they should have won, but can't take it away from Connacht, well done. Defense was immense towards the end, and they suffered with injuries from before and during the game.

Advertisement