Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWW : Connacht vs Leinster

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭neelia11

matthew8 wrote: »
    Just awful by Leinster. Isn't there anyone on the pitch who can attempt a drop goal?

they got into perfect position for this. 8 metres on bang in front just should have had madigan in the pocket for it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,920 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Load of bo***x, Leinster had 2 or 3 chances for a handy drop goal there. Madigan should have called that on himself any day. Chronic lack of leadership when it mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Fair play to Connacht, deserved winners.

Anyone notice Aki taunting Ryan after the final whistle? Awful sportsmanship

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

matthew8 wrote: »
    Just awful by Leinster. Isn't there anyone on the pitch who can attempt a drop goal?

The way Madigan was playing, probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭A-Train

Dom Ryan was moaning about not getting game time, they should let him go after the match, terrible same with Madigan! Completely clueless and rudderless once again! Luke McGraths worst match in the a long time! Also Owens bottling it at the end, he was never going to give Leinster a penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Sitting in a hotel room in NZ following the match on Twitter and boards. Nerve wracking stuff! Great stuff Connacht!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Five minutes of bonehead play at the finish. Drop a bloody goal and be done with it. Serves them right.

Fair play to Connaught - cohesive and great spirit. Nobody will fancy their visits to Galway in the European Cup next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Great win for Connacht; they were the better side out there today.

You would wonder if days like today would make Henshaw question his decision to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Leinster must regret not trying for a DG

• Registered Users Posts: 36,176 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The phase of play before the scrum was where we lost it in the end. Had them on the ropes and insisted on safe pick and gos rather than using the space out wide.

Then tried to rely on the ref to give a penalty at the scrum at the end.

Fair play Connacht. The braver team won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Can't believe madigan didn't take the dropper. Leinster got white line fever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Jesus, is that Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,920 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

mansize wrote: »
    Leinster must regret not trying for a DG

Ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

SlickRic wrote: »
    The phase of play before the scrum was where we lost it in the end. Had them on the ropes and insisted on safe pick and gos rather than using the space out wide.

You mean when we brought possession from outside their 22 up to the try line and had the ball held up over the line? Yes, of course!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

MugMugs wrote: »
    Leinster will take this though if we get half of our firsts back we'll be comfortable against Connacht.

I stand erected and corrected. Uber kudos to Connacht. I put a hat on purely to tip it to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Great win for Connacht; they were the better side out there today.

You would wonder if days like today would make Henshaw question his decision to leave.

From a rugby perspective, maybe.

From an income perspective, no. I'm certain there are more endorsement and advertising opportunities available by being a Leinster player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I'm certain there are more endorsement and advertising opportunities available by being a Leinster player.

For now.... ;)

CONNACHT ABÚ!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Not a particularly good game but better team won.

As a Leinster fan, little sore at the final two scrums where Loughney completely went to ground under pressure. However, the game should have been won before that.

Madigan has no business as an outhalf at a high level. All to play for in final weeks now and nobody aside from Connacht are guaranteed their play off spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Congratulations Connacht. Deserved winners. Played like champions today.

Our halfbacks were the undoing though. McGrath and Madigan were pure muck, and showed why they'll never really push for a starting spot in a top tier team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Fantastic, total defense there at the end. Well done lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

From a rugby perspective, maybe.

From an income perspective, no. I'm certain there are more endorsement and advertising opportunities available by being a Leinster player.

If Henshaw is regretting his decision based on Leinster losing in Galway he needs his head examined given Leinster's recent record there. His potential for success/silverware is still clearly greater in Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

.ak wrote: »
    Congratulations Connacht. Deserved winners. Played like champions today.

Our halfbacks were the undoing though. McGrath and Madigan were pure muck, and showed why they'll never really push for a starting spot in a top tier team.

I think that's a pretty huge overreaction with McGrath, particularly considering how he played in an extremely difficult game last week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Leinster are like Man Utd. They were good once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Neither team played well but the better team won.

Dom Ryan is possibly the only one of the Leinster starting XV who played well. Edit: Strauss was excellent too.

Every time a Leinster player kicked it, bad things happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Sean Kinsella

Buer wrote: »

As a Leinster fan, little sore at the final two scrums where Loughney completely went to ground under pressure. However, the game should have been won before that.

Madigan has no business as an outhalf at a high level. All to play for in final weeks now and nobody aside from Connacht are guaranteed their play off spot.

I think Madigan has disappointed many supporters in that position, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Connacht don't need Henshaw, they should release him or keep him off the panel.

Buer wrote: »

Pretty much agree.

Not sure I agree that Connacht were necessarily the better team although it's great to see them so competitive. They attempted to move the ball more but were very naive in possession I thought and a lot of Leinster's scoring opportunities came from situations Connacht never should have gotten themselves into. Connacht had to produce a very special display in defense to make up for their weaknesses in possession. Leinster were poor in possession as well but made better decisions and it's why they won the 2nd half.

I think both sides will be disappointed with elements of their performance. I think they're probably the best two teams in the league though, should they meet in a neutral venue in May it'll be a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Leinster looked certain to score at the end holding them out will give Connacht real confidence going into the big games coming up. I wish them luck.

Neither team played well but the better team won.

Dom Ryan is possibly the only one of the Leinster starting XV who played well.

Every time a Leinster player kicked it, bad things happened.

Nah, no chance. He had been coming into form but he went backwards at a rate of knots today. Multiple handling errors, missed tackles and was walking in the 4th quarter. He flashed at times but played badly overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,176 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You mean when we brought possession from outside their 22 up to the try line and had the ball held up over the line? Yes, of course!

:pac:

If you pick and go like that, there's a significant chance you'll be held up as that's where all the bodies are.

Advertisement