Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Tetris Effect for €11.60 on the Turkish store is a Turkish delight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is Batman any good with the DS4 or is it one of those 'best with sticks' games?

Batman is a sticks only game!! 100%
    Its just an experience but as a Batman Nerd I was standing there smiling from ear to ear.

EDIT:
    then you have The Inpatient at just over 5euro or something and KF Incursion for about 5euro also..

Do it! €10 well spent! But know that the inpatient is only about 2-3hrs long but ties so well into until dawn
    And easy enough to get a platnium, 2 maybe 3 plays to get all the trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

coolisin wrote: »
    Batman is a sticks only game!! 100%
    Its just an experience but as a Batman Nerd I was standing there smiling from ear to ear.

EDIT:

Do it! €10 well spent! But know that the inpatient is only about 2-3hrs long but ties so well into until dawn
    And easy enough to get a platnium, 2 maybe 3 plays to get all the trophies.

Sold.. Going to just buy all 3 haha...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I've rolled back on my earlier decision to hold off for better deal on Tetris Effect.

So picked it up for $20 on US store...

Also threw in Borderlands 2 for $20

I had $40 store credit which I won playing Glider Island (long story)

I think I'm set for PSVR for another few months :D

Finished Arizona Sunshine in under 3 hours (as I didnt the Play for 3 hours) trophy..

What a disappointment..

• Advertisement

Finished Arizona Sunshine in under 3 hours (as I didnt the Play for 3 hours) trophy..

What a disappointment..

Wow I haven't even managed to finish it yet. Got it about 2 years ago

mrcheez wrote: »
    Wow I haven't even managed to finish it yet. Got it about 2 years ago

I'm surprised I got to finish it at all, damn thing kept crashing on me..

Please tell me this Astrobot Playroom game for PS5 will work for VR

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Please tell me this Astrobot Playroom game for PS5 will work for VR

Looks like it's a 2D version to me, so others can enjoy the stupid fun of the game, but I'd be surprised if there isn't a VR upgrade at some point, if not at launch. Would be cruel to release another Astro game and not have it VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Looks like it's a 2D version to me, so others can enjoy the stupid fun of the game, but I'd be surprised if there isn't a VR upgrade at some point, if not at launch. Would be cruel to release another Astro game and not have it VR!
    It's hard to imagine the game being as good not in VR.
    Still hands down the most magical VR experience i've had.

I downed the guy thats ranked 4th in the world in Firewall... Needless to say we.......... lost every game against him..

• Advertisement

I downed the guy thats ranked 4th in the world in Firewall... Needless to say we.......... lost every game against him..

name checks out... love your war stories brother!

Tetris Effect soundtrack is now on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0GRahFqSakXdCteRTFYrxM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Tetris Effect soundtrack is now on Spotify

Ended up winning a digital copy of the soundtrack So happy to be able to listen to it properly.
    The vinyl copies look very cool

Nice! I can't stop playing the game... it's actually becoming a problem

Tetris Effect is a joy to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Half tempted to buy VR now as it's only 199.
    Any titles people recommend? Or would I just be better off waiting till ps5 vr?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Astrobot, go buy it now. Treat yourself.

Blood & Truth.
    Resident Evil 7.
    Tetris Effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The mega bundle of you can get it for an extra 30 quid. Worth it for astrobot alone but some brilliant games with it.

Also if you can find the Iron Man VR and Move sticks bundle coming out in July, great deal for the moves. I see it's already sold out in smyths tho.

Yeah good time to jump on as lots of great titles on sale at the moment. Make sure to grab them before sale ends.

Superhot VR
    Farpoint
    Batman Arkham VR
    Blood and Truth
    Astrobot
    Pinball FX 2 VR
    Tetris Effect
    Borderlands 2 VR
    Skyrim VR

all on sale.

Regarding PS5, the existing PSVR will work with the PS5 as the headset isn't changing.

• Advertisement

Star Wars: Squadrons VR support for PSVR and PC has been confirmed

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/squadrons/overview
    STAY ON TARGET

Compete in intense 5v5 dogfights, unite with your squadron to tip the scales in monumental fleet battles, and take off in a thrilling Star Wars™ single-player story. Immerse yourself in the pilot’s seat completely with the option to play the entirety of Star Wars™: Squadrons in virtual reality (VR) on PlayStation®4 and PC with cross-play support.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Also if you can find the Iron Man VR and Move sticks bundle coming out in July, great deal for the moves. I see it's already sold out in smyths tho.
    Iron Man VR bundle is on the Gameshtop website for €99.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah good time to jump on as lots of great titles on sale at the moment. Make sure to grab them before sale ends.

Superhot VR
    Farpoint
    Batman Arkham VR
    Blood and Truth
    Astrobot
    Pinball FX 2 VR
    Tetris Effect
    Borderlands 2 VR
    Skyrim VR

all on sale.

Regarding PS5, the existing PSVR will work with the PS5 as the headset isn't changing.

Ohhh. The headset isn't changing. That's actually sweet. I heard they were researching index style controllers.

That actually makes getting the PS4 headset great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Star Wars: Squadrons VR support for PSVR and PC has been confirmed

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/squadrons/overview

Cool, definitely one to keep an eye on. Great that it's all VR and not just a few missions like AC7.

Fyi for new VR owners, SW Battlefront (1st one, not the 2nd currently on ps plus) has a VR mission that isn't well advertised. Only the one VR mission but well worth a play through if you already have copy of the game or can pickup on the cheap

I'm goiing to have to consider to get BOX VR to get me in shape. I'm mad for the shpuds and I'm starting to develop a belly :o If it helps me lose it well great, but if it helps me get ripped, well that would be an extra bonus :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's more cardio than weight based, so it should help you keep fit. The boxing actions will help develop arm muscles, but without the resistance of hitting something or having weights, it won't get you ripped. You could get those wrist weights as you progress, give it that extra challenge... Eventually be playing in a full old fashioned diving suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Ohhh. The headset isn't changing. That's actually sweet. I heard they were researching index style controllers.

That actually makes getting the PS4 headset great value.

I’m sure they’ll bring out a new model within the next two years. They could probably keep the current model as a budget option for a short while after.

I’m sure they’ll bring out a new model within the next two years. They could probably keep the current model as a budget option for a short while after.

I'd say any new model would be wireless, so the existing headset will still work with the camera setup on PS5.

A new headset would likely be independent of the camera requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Pistol whip confirmed to be released on psvr July 28th. Really looking forward to this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Pistol Whip confirmed release date of July 28th.

Edit: DOh crosspost.

Advertisement