Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Only catching up now and I've only watched half of it but....

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Also just catching up - have just finished watching last night's....

Poor, poor Juanita! it was a bit sad watching the three other contestants walking away giving their comments at the final credits, and she wasn't there! Hopefully she wasn't penalised for being sick.... and she really did look sick. I wonder were those outside shots done afterwards, when she was a bit better???

I have the jitters just thinking about Billy... how can a person shake that much? And despite that, get to this stage of a (partly) precision competition??

Have to say, I thought that posh Mexican restaurant was a bit OTT. I don't like the whole concept of poshifying street food in the first place, and I thought they were completely OTT with the contestants regarding presentation. I thought half of them would have heart attacks!

Good girl Jane, is all I have to say about her (again). She just puts the head down, doesn't get freaked out, and gets on with it. For that reason, I think she's a serious contender for the final win.

Right, on with tonight's (well, last night's now) episode......

Is that seriously how Billy intended his shepherd's pie to look :confused:

Mmmm... Jack's dessert.... mmm...... I LOVE cherries!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :mad:

If Billy wins this thing, I swear I will never watch MC again :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

Surely, surely to God that's Billy gone? Looked shocking. Too risky.

Always take Greg's dessert plaudits with a pinch of salt, to borrow a pun. I wait for John's comments before knowing the truth. But Jack nailed it there. He needed it.

Juanita needs to nail this too I feel. Oh dear, she did too much.

Hon Jane! Looks like she hasn't made a mistake either. Great words from Greg at the end.

Could be close here with Juanita and Billy. C'mon Billy do the decent thing and fall on your sword.

Ah Jesus H Christ. What????? :mad:

That chef seems fairly chilled. Wouldn't flute round in his kitchen mind you.

Jane is steadily improving all the time and she is making very few mistakes, particularly outside of the studio. I hope she wins it now, but wouldn't begrudge Jack.

She had very low confidence coming in to it, I think it would be great for her.

Did Billy seriously just compare his potato mountain to that delicious (but tiny) looking dish from that chef??? :eek:

And my credulity has finally snapped..... so Billy's mash split, and he has time to peel and boil another load of spuds and do gawd knows what else to produce another batch? Oh really??

My credulity is also strained at trying to relate Jack's dish in ANY way to any Eggs Benedict that I've ever seen....

And I'm willling to bet that Chef's mama never, ever even heard of dehydrated milk foam, so spare me the rosemantic stories, please.

(Maybe I should stop watching these shows late at night, they just seem to make me grumpy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭sporina

How on earth did Billy get to stay over Juanita?????

sporina wrote: »
    How on earth did Billy get to stay over Juanita?????
    Tis a total swizz!

Forgot to switch over so I'm a bit behind.

Jaysus, Billy's brother certainly does look older :eek:

Cannot wait to see the Billy-carnage with the pressure of the final final on him......

Evening all. Watching it loive tonight.

Jane beat cancer. Aww, like her even more. Hon Jane.

Hadn't thought about Billy having a meltdown. Could be good viewing alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well it's the Masterchef final +I've never been as disinterested. I usually love this programme but really haven't bought into the finalist this year. Anyone else the same or is it just me?

I'm still on Billy.....

Cannot BELIEVE that pile of mashed potato got him through to the final :mad:

Gawd, when you see the contrast between Billy and Jane in terms of confidence and competence.....

"This is undoubtedly going to be the most important meal you're EVER going to cook in your lives"

Eh... bigging yourself up there a bit, Greg? :D

It's only MC, it's not life or death!

What exactly IS bubble and squeak :confused: I don't think I've ever actually known!

Jack has the look of a winner all over him.....

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What exactly IS bubble and squeak :confused: I don't think I've ever actually known!

Jack has the look of a winner all over him.....

Same here, googled it. Made from the leftovers of a traditional roast dinner according to wiki.

Billy's sounds rank. Needs to be said.

Feck, dunno whether to fast forward and miss a bit so I can catch up with the banter or just stop reading the thread!

I'm still on Jane, and it's sounding risky in the extreme!!!

My money's still on Jack.

Yep. Billy shooting himself in the foot, 'biting off more than he can chew' according to John.

Oh dear, this looks like a clusterfcuk from Billy.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Feck, dunno whether to fast forward and miss a bit so I can catch up with the banter or just stop reading the thread!

I'm still on Jane, and it's sounding risky in the extreme!!!

My money's still on Jack.

Quit the thread! Then come back at the end.

• Advertisement

tinpib wrote: »
    Billy's sounds rank. Needs to be said.
    Holy ****!

That main course :eek::eek:

Jack pretty much aced the whole thing. Slight negative about his starter.

I assume Billy has made a balls of it, so Jane needs to nail everything here to have a chance I feel.

Hon Jane!

Jaysus, Billy's starter looks sh!te.

Billy has fairly embraced the whole splattering technique he learned from that mad chef the other night!

Carnage :eek:

Wow. His main does look cool though.

Jack's starter sounds revolting!

If it's meant to relate to a leftover roast dinner well...... I don't get it!

he has one or two more negative comments than Jack and no egg means he is out of the running for me.

Great first comment for Jane!

OK, Jack definitely surely has to win the longest-list-of-elements competition for his dessert.

Whatever about the overall thing.

Looks delicious!

• Advertisement

Always waiting for a "Baaah..." [but] from John, but none so far. Nor from Greg.

C'Mon Jane!

Advertisement