Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

You'd have to fear for the blue team, unless they learn from their mistakes on Monday.

Enjoying watching John dispense the life saving tips. Greg really is just passenger here.

Red team seem to communicate well, good team spirit.

Poor ould Billy a bit unlucky getting very dirty shellfish.

That chicken dish looks great!

Cod looks great too to be fair.

They are pretty balanced teams overall. Before knowing the result I'd say Billy is the one to go. He has been hanging on since his first episode.

Nope! Billy lives to fight another day.

The portion size must have been the clincher? They showed lots of complaints about it alright.

I reckon Jack and Liz will sail through here. They seem a level above the other two.

Jaypers, Jen moving into Bushtucker Trial territory here with her cod tongues.

Ah Liz pet, that doesn't look good.

Fair play Jack, nailed it.

Stewart's look lovely.

Nope, Liz's tastes good. I think poor Jen could be gonzo here.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

I've a feeling she may not have been quite so gracious in defeat!

I reckon Juanita or Jack to win it. Jack nailed that invention test today again, he rarely puts a foot wrong.

I don't think Liz has the quality to win it now, unless she gets her act together quickly.

So assuming she doesn't win it she is going to be absolutely crushed when she gets eliminated.

Lots of blubbing, could possibly turn violent. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone around tonight? Does anyone ever watch this live any more??

Good girl, Juanita, blow up the kitchen why don't you :D

I'll say it again... how on earth is Billy still here (on earth, as much as in the MC kitchen!) - he's for the birds!

I've never heard of a single one of these restaurateurs :o

"There's a lot of technique here..... a lot of culinary muscle on show"

WTF sort of a remark was that? It's a fecking competition, or has no-one told him? :confused:

• Advertisement

Bit of a swizz, Juanita's dish going cold because she was bang on time while Billy was faffing around with his.....

Liz looks fit to murder someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Liz seemed so focused on winning, she forgot it was about the food

Bye bye Billy....

No major mistakes from Juanita.

Liz a little flustered

Jack seems to be breezing through.

Stewie did grand and hid his minor mistake ok.

"over exciting on the carbonizing" :pac:

Ooh, harsh on Annie's presentation. I thought it looked pretty cool.

So probably Stewie did the best? Bit surprising.

Ah ok, so Stewie and Jack through. Seemed fair enough.

I think Jack is going to win the whole thing. I can barely remember him making a mistake.

Before the ystart I assume this will be the last time to see a Billy meltdown....

Christ poor Liz is a bit of a headcase :( puts herself under huge pressure and is wound so tight.

Ah Liz. No gelatin, is she snookered now?

Juanita really needs to get back to her best here, she always seems so pleasant aswell.

Hon Jane! Good woman.

Ok, so no fcuk ups so far after Annie.

Liz not a disaster but she treats it as one of course.

Minor error with Billy. Oh dear, Liz could be in trouble here.....

Juanita's looks class. Hon Juanita.! Back in the game! Delighted she is back to getting those amazing comments.

Between Liz and Billy to be gonzo. Hard to know.

Oh dear Liz......this is going to be a horrific reaction. OK not as bad a reaction as I expected.

I think Juanita needs to keep up that consistency to win it.

Hah, I've just realised who Jack reminds me of.... he HAS to be William Sitwell's love-child :D

• Advertisement

Why was Stuart wearing a glove just there? Was it chainmail so he didn't amputate a finger on the mandolin (if that's what it's called?) or can you actually be allergic to cauliflower? :confused:

Jeez, the amount of butter in Jack's (and presumably everyone else's) dish :eek:

Now, I'm a HUGE butter fiend - any excuse, really - but even I'm feeling slightly queasy looking at that amount of it!

Juanita a bit mean with the gravy there......

I do like me gravy!

Annie's sauce looked like melted chocolate. And not in a good way.

What on earth IS salsify? I have never in my life come across it... what does it taste like, does anyone know?

Not a great result for her there....

Good girl Jane! She really is lovely.

I really hope Juanita makes it through, she's lovely as well.

Gawd, they're all lovely... glad I'm not doing the judging :D

Surely, surely to God, Billy is gonzo tonight?

Actually I think it could be anyone bar Jack and prob Juanita.

Crikey Billy's could be a total disaster.

Bye, bye Billy....

Jack nailed it as usual.

Bit more sauce needed Juanita? So pine nuts not a success but at least Charles liked it and I think she will get credit for trying something like that.

Stewart's doesn't look the Mae West? Not good. I think him being so good last episode means he will get through.

Go on Janey love! Rooting for her. Brilliant comments. Great stuff. She is really growing, also did brilliant on the ship during the week.

Last season's winner seemed to not just do great with food but also seemed to handle the pressure of professional kitchens and the other big outside challenges.

Ahh, Annie. Ya I guess maybe she didn't push herself or develop like Jane has.

Ok, going to give my usual prediction of Billy gonzo first in the final....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

How is Billy still in the competition?! At this stage I'm almost expecting him to somehow win.
    I've spent all these episodes wondering who he reminds me of, and today I found it! I used to have tutorials in college taught by guy who was so clueless that he gave us notes with question marks on them, scribbled-out things, etc. He always looked like he'd only just dropped out of bed, like he'd been rushing in after partying all night, and I swear we knew more about the subject than he did.

Well, Billy reminds me of that guy... It's like he's pretending to know what he is doing and somehow surviving all the challenges.

I think I'm just annoyed that Annie is gone! I was warming up to her. At this stage I don't care who wins (well, except I want it to be Juanita!) but I'd rather it not be Jane or Billy. But Juanita should win. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Those meals for the actors.... Bleurgh!!! OMG, they all look disgusting. Since when did good cooking become more art than flavour, none of those dishes are appealing to me at all! Bread cinders, black powder, prawn brain sauce, seriously...

Late to the party tonight.....

... but not entirely sure I want to eat at the party :eek: The state of those meals by yer man :eek::eek: There isn't a single thing there that I'd have the slightest interest in trying.

But now lets see what the contestants make of it all....

At least Billy gets to legitimately make a total mess tonight :D

Fierce fancy BBQ's altogether he has there... wouldn't mind one of those out my back!

"Billy, stop shaking, you haven't got time".. Jeez, that's helpful.....

Miaoww alert....
    Mein hostess could have washed her hair for the occasion....
    /miaoww

• Advertisement

There's an awful lot of artful splodging going on with their own dishes - Mr. O'Hare clearly rubbed off on them a lot!

Noooo Jack.... can he recover the disaster?? Can Stuart??? (Bet they can :D)

Another fine mess from Billy.....

And it seems to be turning into a contest of who can manage to create the longest list of elements for them and the narrator to list off for their dishes.

Chef seems like a nice guy.

Defo seems more like a stereotypical artist than a stereotypical arsehole chef.

On his website and his menu seems fairly reasonable for that level of food and the whole experience of it.

Ah Greta. Haven't seen her in yonks. Was a fan of hers back in the day.

Gosh she hasn't aged well. Jane looks way nicer. :)

Psycho, The Shining and Carrie are slasher movies???

I think Jane could be a dark horse here if she nails this.

Aw, Jane is lovely. I said early on this series there is a lioness under there!

Billy going overboard I reckon.

Jack just ripping off yer man with the balloons?

Good to see them all pushing themselves though.

Actually I've forgotten what Juanita was doing.

Stewie having problems. I assume he has a rake of those domes made.

Good stuff Juanita.

Not a disaster from Billy, he did well. Could be anyone going out here.

Oh dear Stewie. Why did he only make one dome?

Oh double dear Stewie, John said "lacking", first negative comment this round.

I think Stewie is packing his bags.

Billy of nine lives to fight another day.

Ooof, negative comment from Greg for Jack.

Come on Janey! Hope she nails this.

:):)

Aw, poor Stewie is absolutely crushed.

Get in my usual comment that Billy will go next.

Jack's first slip up. I thought he would win it.

It's anyone's now, hope it's either Jane or Juanita.

Regarding yer man O'Hare's food, I guess that is partly the point. Something that sounds disgusting, you should put your preconceptions aside and then just try it and see what it tastes like.

All the diners felt like that and then they all raved about the food. I imagine that is what he is going for.

tinpib wrote: »
    Regarding yer man O'Hare's food, I guess that is partly the point. Something that sounds disgusting, you should put your preconceptions aside and then just try it and see what it tastes like.

All the diners felt like that and then they all raved about the food. I imagine that is what he is going for.

But they are all actors!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

tinpib wrote: »

He was on Great British Menu - thats where he did the black cod dish. None of his food would be my cup of tea but each to their own.

Off to Mexico City - amazing place. The clip looks like its at the Artisan Market so looking forward to seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I'm surprised at how reasonably priced O'Hare's restaurant is. I feel tempted to drop by if I'm ever in Leeds.

I think Jane or Billy should've gone home. Billy because he's breaking the laws of nature by having reached this stage in the competition. Jane because she's not really all that good compared to the other ones (Billy excepted). She didn't do that well this time either. I'm annoyed that Stewart was sent home over not using enough whiskey (I guess the judge isn't somehow not used to eating in the UK... food here is never boozy enough!) while Jane stayed even though her dish had bigger issues.

But really, how is Billy still in the competition?! I hope he plays the lottery.

My God, I don't think I've ever seen someone shake as much as Billy.

Jane not shaking like a Billy-leaf anyway.

You tell Billy 'relax' all you like, but it ain't gonna work chief.

Jack having a meltdown aswell.

Billy needs a double hand transplant. Unreal.

Jane probably came out the best there.

Oh cripes. Poor Juanita. Bit strange. She seems fine outside talking to camera. Why didn't she just get some fresh air for 5 minutes and see how she feels?

Jane seems to be doing well these days. That absence won't be good for Juanita.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Looked like she had some infection if she felt dizzy and was running a temp. Fair play to the rest of them for getting it all out. So excited to see chefs table tonight. I'm really thinking Juanita could win this, but maybe Jane will surprise us all. If Billy wins I'll do a linekar on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

That Shepards Pie doesnt look great..esp for the final 4 competion...

Advertisement