Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy MLS Soccer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

8-10 wrote: »
    In fairness Valeri was suspended for the 1st game in the DGW so it wasn't clear that he was going to be a good pick before the GW started. Also Piatti was guaranteed to start both games so without hindsight he looked the better choice.

Yeh it was as much to with portland having another double in 2 weeks time. Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Just the one transfer this week (Valeri in). Gonna bank the other to give myself 3 in anticipation of the DGW next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Huge relegation shootout in the H2H next week between me and the mighty Average.

I might remember to do my team.

I will feel sorry for any opponent I may fluke a win against as I've been a walkover for everyone else. So apologies in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

A massive 128 points for me this week still only 3rd best on the Boards league, Giovinchi my top scorer as captain with 40 points, now if only Andy Carroll had done the same as TC....

Ha, thought everyone had lost interest in this! I'm quite enjoying the fact that there's a DGW about every second week. That, plus the fact that there's 2 FTs every week adds a bit of madness to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ha, thought everyone had lost interest in this! I'm quite enjoying the fact that there's a DGW about every second week. That, plus the fact that there's 2 FTs every week adds a bit of madness to it!

My captain Adi did OK for me this week, the DGW actually screwed me over in that I'd have definitely have captained Seba otherwise.

I assume interest in this will pick up now that FPL is over tomorrow.

CSF wrote: »
    My captain Adi did OK for me this week, the DGW actually screwed me over in that I'd have definitely have captained Seba otherwise.

I assume interest in this will pick up now that FPL is over tomorrow.

Yeah, luckily I captained Diaz, who only got 1 point less than Gio.

Gio really is a ridiculous fantasy player. Average of over 10 points per games over 10 gameweeks. Double home games this coming week means autocaptain. Watch him blank both!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm in.

Tempted to go with Bradley Wright-Phillips then auto select the rest.

And this is where my season fell apart.

Finally got round to getting Bradley in and he repaid me handsomely.

First win in the head to head. I'm coming for the Average. :p

One of our members is 37th in the world at the moment fair play, the one thing I have learned in this game, I left a DGW till Friday and the game had started the Thursday night so lost out on transfers.

patmac wrote: »
    One of our members is 37th in the world at the moment fair play, the one thing I have learned in this game, I left a DGW till Friday and the game had started the Thursday night so lost out on transfers.

That's myself. I'm not gonna lie, I've no idea what I'm doing so presumably it will all fall apart any week now. But just gonna roll with it for the minute!

• Advertisement

That's myself. I'm not gonna lie, I've no idea what I'm doing so presumably it will all fall apart any week now. But just gonna roll with it for the minute!
    Disappointing, thought we might have an MLS guru to guide us through the minefield that is this game.:) For instance this GW started last night, only 12 teams playing next week, and 2 of this week's squad including Wandowlowski are on International duty. At least my captain scored last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Forgot about deadline again. Had lined up Larin and Kaka as my 2 transfers and both of course scored well last night

Forgot about deadline again. Had lined up Larin and Kaka as my 2 transfers and both of course scored well last night

Kaka missed a peno.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Kaka missed a peno.

Ah feck.

He's about the only player I remember that's in my team because he was injured for the start :pac:

If I'm not last I'll be happy. I might even check my team soon.

Kaka missed a peno.

Didn't realise that but still he's 6points ahead of my other midfielders all of whom play only once this week and he has another game

Don't forget this resumes tonight.

I seem to be making my team progressively worse. May be time to make sweeping changes in the form of a wild card.

Not sure if anyone is still playing this, but have a rules question.

I have azira 1st sub on the bench with -2, so if one of my attacking players doesn't play, he'll come for -2 with an autosub. Am i the right in saying that if I switch a defender for another defender (neither have played yet), the autosubs wouldnt happen?

Am i right in thinking it might be a good idea to switch my defenders to prevent any possibility of the -2 subbing in?

Not sure if anyone is still playing this, but have a rules question.

I have azira 1st sub on the bench with -2, so if one of my attacking players doesn't play, he'll come for -2 with an autosub. Am i the right in saying that if I switch a defender for another defender (neither have played yet), the autosubs wouldnt happen?

Am i right in thinking it might be a good idea to switch my defenders to prevent any possibility of the -2 subbing in?
    Haven't unticked the box at any point to take over subs myself but I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of it.

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Haven't unticked the box at any point to take over subs myself but I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of it.

Cheers. Didn't do anything in the end and it worked out for the best. Was going to bring in Glad (who didn't play) for Campbell (who got 4 points).

• Advertisement

Cheers. Didn't do anything in the end and it worked out for the best. Was going to bring in Glad (who didn't play) for Campbell (who got 4 points).

You're really flying high, I've been really trying at this in an attempt to catch you, but every time I think I've had someone do great or picked a great captain, nope, you have him too!!!

You're really flying high, I've been really trying at this in an attempt to catch you, but every time I think I've had someone do great or picked a great captain, nope, you have him too!!!

Is that you in second? I've not checked every week, but I think there's been a few weeks where you've made a good gain on me, only for me to make a good bit of that back the next week!

You had a very good week this week! And I see you're pretty well set up for the DGW already!

Is that you in second? I've not checked every week, but I think there's been a few weeks where you've made a good gain on me, only for me to make a good bit of that back the next week!

You had a very good week this week! And I see you're pretty well set up for the DGW already!

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how it's been. To be fair, you doing so well has made the whole thing much more interesting, watching so much more MLS this year.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how it's been. To be fair, you doing so well has made the whole thing much more interesting, watching so much more MLS this year.

Yeah it's a pretty entertaining game. There's a number of things that I think should be incorporated into the FPL game. The main ones being:

- Live ranking updates. This is amazing, and it's so entertaining to see how a goal/assist affects your ranking. Surely this would be easy to do, and actually I wonder if this may have been done with the new website.
    - Bonus points. The bonus point system is FAR better than the farcical FPL bonus point system/lottery.

I think worthy of consideration in FPL is the 2 transfers a week rule. That would probably be more to the advantage of the casual, and the more hardcore players probably wouldn't like that introduced, as it reduces the need for careful planning. But it's certainly entertaining being able to chop and change your team quite easily over a period of 2/3 weeks.

This could never really be incorporated into FPL beyond the current situation, but I also find the sheer number of DGWs pretty good fun. There's always one to look forward to, even if more often than not they don't work out due to rotation etc!

The price changes from the MLS should absolutely be taken into the FPL version. Would make it way less contentious

The price changes from the MLS should absolutely be taken into the FPL version. Would make it way less contentious

I could see a logic behind it myself. We'd still spend our time arguing over how much/who went up and down and why. Probably more actually.

Yes! I knew there was something else! Agreed.

Also, something else I forgot was the fact that the transfers can only happen after the game week ends. Not a big difference, but simplifies it.

I could see a logic behind it myself. We'd still spend our time arguing over how much/who went up and down and why. Probably more actually.

Why? The reason behind the price changes seem pretty simple to me.

Ya the dashboard feature is quality. I was watching red arrows turn green as the goals went in and vice versa. Shows you exactly where u stand in leagues too.

The dashboard tool would be a great benefit to people playing FPL and in multiple money leagues I'd imagine!

• Advertisement

Why? The reason behind the price changes seem pretty simple to me.

What is the exact metric for the price changes? The metric is what I assumed people will disagree on.

Advertisement