Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy MLS Soccer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,551 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Torricelli wrote: »
    There is. I was wondering what the fook the noise was. I thought a swarm of bees had entered the stadium, but nope. Just a burly American on the sideline cutting a tree with a big chainsaw, as you do.

The defending is comical.

I love the chainsaw!! 2nd after Week 1. This is making a nice change from FPL mediocrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Is it too late to join the league? Never got around to it last night.

Is it too late to join the league? Never got around to it last night.

Nope, join away. Too late for the H2H since the fixtures get generated for the season at GW1 but you were probably more interested in the points one anyway!!! The more the merrier!!

CSF wrote: »
    Nope, join away. Too late for the H2H since the fixtures get generated for the season at GW1 but you were probably more interested in the points one anyway!!! The more the merrier!!

Cheers. Just want to join for the craic really. My season is done in the main FPL, so this will keep my interest for a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

5th in our league. 3 of my players didn't play, funnily enough 3 players I'd heard of in St. Ledger, Kaka and Cheyrou. Perhaps I should have done some research. Only bench player to play was Doyle up front which was useless to me :pac:

5th in our league. 3 of my players didn't play, funnily enough 3 players I'd heard of in St. Ledger, Kaka and Cheyrou. Perhaps I should have done some research. Only bench player to play was Doyle up front which was useless to me :pac:

I don't think any of my bench players played. Luckily the rest of my players did. Also my GK only played 19 mins. So that will be using my first 2 transfers to sort that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

FSA MLS Code: 16691-3603
    FSA MLS H2H Code: 16691-3605

Deadline is Sunday so we've 2 days to research all the Agueros, PVA, Myhill and...........Pelles of the world.

Joined late. What is the second league? I was closed out.

Big Borg wrote: »
    Joined late. What is the second league? I was closed out.

It's a Head to Head league, unfortunately you can't join those ones after the first week because the fixtures get generated on the first week.

Nagbe and Kah out for Accam (Chicago) and Harris (Dallas) for me this week. Accam from Chicago looks like he is gonna be involved in alot of goals from midfield this year. Early DGWs for a few teams in the MLS in GW4 by the way for those who hadn't noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Nagbe and Kah out for Accam (Chicago) and Harris (Dallas) for me this week. Accam from Chicago looks like he is gonna be involved in alot of goals from midfield this year. Early DGWs for a few teams in the MLS in GW4 by the way for those who hadn't noticed.

OH God no,still spending hours studying the FPL DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Accam must have been through on goal 1 on 1 about 4 times in the second half the other day. Definitely one to look out for. Took their peno too

8-10 wrote: »
    Accam must have been through on goal 1 on 1 about 4 times in the second half the other day. Definitely one to look out for. Took their peno too

Yup, the more you say this the more I'm tempted to captain him over my boy Larin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Kah and Hollingshead out, Dia (SKC) and Quintilla (SKC) in. Keeping Giovinco as captain, he always comes up trumps. Not happy with my midfield, but hoping my stronger front three can make up for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Trying to find my feet in this(dunno how long that will last)no transfers but promoted Barnes of Houston to skipper. Home to dallas and he played 90 and got a goal last week.

I've made the last minute change of captain to Accam. Pretty much an OOP forward on penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Have given David Villa the armband, home game and all that.

Apart from that..

amdogd606lsdzkghjorv.jpg

I got Accam based on CSF sounding like he's vaguely aware of things, sold St Ledger to fund it with the highest scoring player I could afford for under 5.3 and captained Higuain because he got a goal last week, is at home and is called Higuain.

I also did all this at 5 to without knowing the deadline was in 5 minutes time.

I couldn't be more casual if I tried :D

Larin scores. Captain choice change not looking so good. At least I still have him in my team!!!

CAPTAIN ACCAM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

deadline for gw2 passed i take it?

oh dear.

Ah blissful ignorance is great.

• Advertisement

Villa with 2 goals already. My boi!!!! I am loving that this game doesn't time clash with FPL at all.

Having a good week. On 74 with Villa(c) and Giovinco currently playing.

Need to get Accam in.

Edit: Make that 79, Giovinco goal!

Having a good week. On 74 with Villa(c) and Giovinco currently playing.

Need to get Accam in.

Edit: Make that 79, Giovinco goal!

Which team is yours?

Which team is yours?
    BC United. Up to 84 now.

Is it 2 Free transfers each week?

I tactically banked mine this week (forgot).

Will I get 3 or 4 next GW?

Team will need sorting, one chap looks to have been sent off, Kaka still on a red flag and none of my subs seem to play.

Liam Ridgewell is calling for me.

shineon23 wrote: »
    Is it 2 Free transfers each week?

I tactically banked mine this week (forgot).

Will I get 3 or 4 next GW?

Team will need sorting, one chap looks to have been sent off, Kaka still on a red flag and none of my subs seem to play.

Liam Ridgewell is calling for me.

2 per week. You'll be our acid test to let us know whether they roll over.

None of my 3 starting defenders played a single minute this week and my goalkeeper conceded 5 for a 1-pointer.

Can see my 2 transfers being defenders! Disaster with only 10 players playing this week. Attackers doing well again this week but I feel I've definitely gone too cheap at the back

That was my plan all along ;):p

Only had a quick scan through the rules, but I think only 1 transfer rolls over.

On 65 for the week. Had villa and giovinco (c) in that last game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Finished on 68 not too bad, good fun.

• Advertisement

Giovinco is obviously the Aguero of the MLS. First 8 games all away from home for Toronto this year and against some good teams but 2 games in he looks fixture proof

David villa with 'defending bonus'! No even sure how that works, but I kinda like the randomness of it!

Checked there and I'm getting 3 free transfers.

Why can't there be an idiot tax like this on the Premier League version :P :confused:

Clean sheets are extremely hard to come by in this game.

Clean sheets are extremely hard to come by in this game.

Yes but bonus points seem to be the thing. One of my defenders got 5, one got 6, and my GK for 4. They all conceeded, but the 2 defenders got 4 defending bonus each, and the GK got 2. Another defender got 2 points despite conceeding 5 (he got 2 defending bonus)!

I'm thinking that looking out for defenders that score highly in this area might be the way to go, seeing as CSs are pretty rare. Not really sure how defending bonus's are calculated (I presume it's tackles, interceptions, etc).

So DGW planning beings I guess? My midfield isn't doing great at the min, so that will be 1 area I'll look at.

Currently thinking of Diaz of Dallas, and/or Morales of Vancouver (he's on pens).

Currently have 1 DGWer, with 4 transfers, so should end up with 5.

C'mere to me now til I ask ye a question. What's the story with Kaka like, is he back soon?

Also I should probably ditch Robbie Robbie Keano for Villa. And ditch Kevin Doyle for a cheaper sub forward and get an actual starting sub in midfield or defence.

Hmm drop to 8th in the league but win h2h match no.2 to go second. The word lucky springs to mind!

• Advertisement

My first weekly (maybe) bargain bucket shout.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Steres

LA Galaxy defender, he's 5.2. I sold Ashley Cole for him to get some funds for MF's.

Has 18% ownership so you's all might know of him by now.

Has started the 2 games and is cheap, that's all I know about the gentleman.

shineon23 wrote: »
    My first weekly (maybe) bargain bucket shout.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Steres

LA Galaxy defender, he's 5.2. I sold Ashley Cole for him to get some funds for MF's.

Has 18% ownership so you's all might know of him by now.

Has started the 2 games and is cheap, that's all I know about the gentleman.

That's the defender I got applying the casual method. I.e highest scoring, cheapest affordable :pac:

That's the defender I got applying the casual method. I.e highest scoring, cheapest affordable :pac:

Whereas I've been studying hours of MLS and college ball footage. :D

Shineon's 2nd bargain bucket shout (but have no idea of his price.) So just my shout of the week.

Tim Howard

Ben Dinnery retweeted this today:

Been told that @TimHowardGK signing will be announced tomorrow. If true, @ColoradoRapids getting a great leader. #WelcomeBack

It was surprisingly difficult to find a Tim Howard tourettes meme but think I've found his rookie card;

tim-howard-yearbook_zpskuufeax6.jpg

Goals galore again yesterday. Keano, Diaz and Ivanschitz all bagging for me. On 53 and up to 2,328 overall.

Magee from LA Galaxy looks to be a must have at his price.

Question: I want to switch my captain from Villa to Giovinco (who hasn't played yet), how do I do this?

Edit: You can't switch captains if your original captain has played. A bit pointless then..

Balls forgot all about this :(

Edit: lol Charles Sapong to two goal hero to the rescue!

• Advertisement

Dgw incoming nice interest to have during international break from EPL.

Going with 5 DGW players and captaining Diaz of FC Dallas. Urruti seems like another decent captain shout along with Morales of Vancouver.

Keano benched! :eek:

Going with 5 DGW players and captaining Diaz of FC Dallas. Urruti seems like another decent captain shout along with Morales of Vancouver.

Keano benched! :eek:

Which 5 are you going with? I have 3 transfers, but only have Diaz with a dgw. Fc dallas seem like the team in the best form, but aside from Diaz, not sure who there is. Their defence seems in ribbons, with loads of injuries, including the goalkeeper. I have zimmerman, who injured, so might switch him for another defender, but not sure who. Hedges costs a fortune, and loyd hasn't played yet.

Vancouver seem in the next best form. Morales has done well, but think most of his goals have been penalties. Don't know anything about their defenders.

Which 5 are you going with? I have 3 transfers, but only have Diaz with a dgw. Fc dallas seem like the team in the best form, but aside from Diaz, not sure who there is. Their defence seems in ribbons, with loads of injuries, including the goalkeeper. I have zimmerman, who injured, so might switch him for another defender, but not sure who. Hedges costs a fortune, and loyd hasn't played yet.

Vancouver seem in the next best form. Morales has done well, but think most of his goals have been penalties. Don't know anything about their defenders.

Stick with Dallas, they have another DGW in GW6. So 5 games in next 3 GW's

8-10 wrote: »
    Stick with Dallas, they have another DGW in GW6. So 5 games in next 3 GW's

Holy gameweeks batman. Really should check the fixtures!

• Advertisement
Advertisement