Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy MLS Soccer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Go on the Kaka. I just saw he scored at the weekend and remembered about my team :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Anyone still interested in this?!

I have Larin injured, so looking to bring in someone who has a DGW6. Dwyer of Kansas seems the best option, though he's only had returns in 1 game. Urruti an option too, but I have 4 Dallas players already, so would need to think about that one.

Diaz also flagged as injured, but I found an article saying he should play, so I think I'll hold onto him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm quickly losing interest in this now that fantasy baseball kicked off this week. Thanks for the reminder though I'll try to log in today and set a team for this weekend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

A measly 43 for me this week.

DGW up next, going with 7 DGWers. Captaincy on Urruti.

Some good advice here - http://fantasyfootball247.co.uk/mls-gw6-tips-fantasy-major-league-soccer/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Torricelli wrote: »
    A measly 43 for me this week.

DGW up next, going with 7 DGWers. Captaincy on Urruti.

Some good advice here - http://fantasyfootball247.co.uk/mls-gw6-tips-fantasy-major-league-soccer/

Had it on urutti too but changed because im going double SKC defence.

• Advertisement

Anyone have Diaz? Sticking with him? Impossible to know if he'll play...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Anyone have Diaz? Sticking with him? Impossible to know if he'll play...
    Had him but subbed him out, so kind of hope he doesn't! Took my eye of the ball while concentrating on the DGW 34 disaster, wish I had divided up the time more evenly. 4 transfers this week got 82 points 2 weeks ago despite having a player sent off and leaving an 18 point keeper on the bench, I also conspired to lose to Mr P in a H2H.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,944 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm keeping him, seems to be like the MLS midfield Aguero and it doesn't seem like it's a serious injury.

Cheers. Went for a bit of an overhaul on my team. 4 transfers for -4. 3 SKC players in, plus a punt on a Colorado defender (needed for funds). Now have 10 DGW players, but remains to be seen if Diaz plays (I kept him) and if Seitz keeps his spot in goal for Dallas.

Cheers. Went for a bit of an overhaul on my team. 4 transfers for -4. 3 SKC players in, plus a punt on a Colorado defender (needed for funds). Now have 10 DGW players, but remains to be seen if Diaz plays (I kept him) and if Seitz keeps his spot in goal for Dallas.

Well that backfired. 2 of the SKC players I brought in were benched! This game is pretty mad, there's no predicting anything. Anyway, still ended up with 40 pts, so a slight rise.

No Diaz again. This weekend is his last chance. He's too expensive to have on the bench permanently.

• Advertisement

Missed the deadline. Quickly losing interest in this!

8-10 wrote: »

I lost interest in the English FPL ages ago, which is why this is holding my interest!

Considering I am ranked 1.7million in the english fpl. Im very happy to be just inside top 5k in this(dont care how many are playing) after 30 pts last night.
    Took the armband off urruti which hurt and had a skc defender not play but still pleased with the average only 15.

Also if anybody asks me now how is fantasy footy going i'll just be all "meh top 5k nothing major" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

60 lastnight, full 11 playing two games. Annoyed by dryer being benched, Harris not starting and sober not playing. Happy with the return from Urruti as captain though.

So with missing the deadline I didn't make any of my 3 free transfers. Had 4 Dallas players with a double and 3 of them played in neither game. Only managed to field 10 players total.

Still got over 90pts and all green arrows! Now ranked 537 overall. :)

This is what the FPL casuals feel like

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Got 86-4, with captain Chris Wondolwski getting me 36 points, going form over fixtures, transferring out no scorers with DGW players. No Chicago or Portland this week, although Portland have a DGW along with 5 others next week.

103 for me.

Defence is a mess though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Forgot to set my team again, and with that I think I'm done with the MLS :(

Captained Kaka and now he's out of the game tonight.

No vice captain in this game either.

Ugh

Watching my captain Wondolowski on SS5. Hopefully he'll nick one, Kansas City can't defend to save their lives.

• Advertisement

If I had have realised earlier I would have changed captain to Coelho but that game has started and I've no other players left to play that I can captain.

Dwyer had a penalty stolen on me. Shoddy MLS refereeing.

85 points. Very happy with that. Big returns from Harvey in defence, Kljestan (almost dumped him for -4!) and captain Gio.

69 for me this week. Captain Wondolowski doing the business. Up to 2nd in the FSA League and 1st in the H2H League.

Heads up, transfer deadline ends on Wednesday at 11pm.

Torricelli wrote: »
    69 for me this week. Captain Wondolowski doing the business. Up to 2nd in the FSA League and 1st in the H2H League.

Heads up, transfer deadline ends on Wednesday at 11pm.

You beat me in the H2H to go top - nice score. Captain failure means I dropped to 3rd in the main league

Out of 12 games in this gameweek so far, 22 of the 24 teams involved have conceded. Crazy scoring this week.

Again I had a captain fail as I set captaincy on David Villa but I clearly didn't save it properly. Cost me 16pts that mistake! And I have no idea how it happened as the player I have captained now wasn't my captain last week.

Out of 12 games in this gameweek so far, 22 of the 24 teams involved have conceded. Crazy scoring this week.

Again I had a captain fail as I set captaincy on David Villa but I clearly didn't save it properly. Cost me 16pts that mistake! And I have no idea how it happened as the player I have captained now wasn't my captain last week.

Same thing, sort of could have sworn I transferred in valeri for doyle but nope :(

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Same thing, sort of could have sworn I transferred in valeri for doyle but nope :(

Valeri is a midfielder whereas Doyle is a striker right?

CSF wrote: »
    Valeri is a midfielder whereas Doyle is a striker right?

Yup plan was piatti and doyle out, urruti and valeri in. not sure how I fu**ed it up.

• Advertisement

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Yup plan was piatti and doyle out, urruti and valeri in. not sure how I fu**ed it up.

In fairness Valeri was suspended for the 1st game in the DGW so it wasn't clear that he was going to be a good pick before the GW started. Also Piatti was guaranteed to start both games so without hindsight he looked the better choice.

Advertisement