Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Risk for North and East - 04 March

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Light sleet now. Barely managed a dusting here near the sea, but very nice to see snow fall nonetheless. More snow potential on Sunday? Doesn't look great but we should keep an eye on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Portrane beach around 20 mins ago. Its alternating between rain and snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Slane had about 5cm but theres only 2 now. Snowmen currently at an advanced stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Mafra wrote: »
    Currently snowing in Kilkenny/Carlow. Sky is grey, not the nice brownish tinge you get with proper snow and the flakes are tiny.
    Still nice to look at for a change.

(Uh scratch that, now proper size flakes)

Not to put a dampener on it but the bigger the flakes the wetter the snow.

Not much happening here in coastal Dublin. Some snow on cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Big_Evil

South Co. Limerick this morning around 7.15am

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nice covering here too, woke up at about 7 and there was about 4cm on the ground, its now down to about 2 or 3cm and melting fast, enjoy it while it lasts! drizzely rain here now. Certainly the best and only real snowfall since 2010. Still wouldnt be enough to save the whole winter tho but its alot better than nothing!.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A snowball fight with the kids before heading off to work, this is what life should be about

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The best snowfall of this winter. Yes I know it is officially spring, but you know what I mean.

It is a winter wonderland today, will post a picture later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Just had heavy snow shower in Dublin 8, nice big flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Big_Evil

Raining here now too. Fast melt, I suspect......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Had a good cover in Lucan. Kids had fun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Big_Evil wrote: »
    Raining here now too. Fast melt, I suspect......

If this had been a few weeks ago it would have stuck around all day but March snow doesnt last the time of day unless there is an exceptional feed of cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

About of inch of snow in Cashel, light/moderate snow falling for the past 30 minutes. Current temp is 0C exactly, got down to -0.6C overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Light sleet just passed here in West Clare. Unusually the sky turned to that brown tint that's associated with snow.

Who cares still got plenty of snow in Dublin, worthy of a celebration this winter even if it's gone by later!
    Gonzo wrote: »
    If this had been a few weeks ago it would have stuck around all day but March snow doesnt last the time of day unless there is an exceptional feed of cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

It looks vaguely like there might be a streamer or two cranking up in the Irish Sea. The next radar update or two should clarify it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Well done to those who called this "event" quite a few days out. About 1cm of sitting snow at the coast in Laytown, Meath.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Rain/Sleet/Snow mix here in Waterford City. Simply not cold enough for anything else with a temp of 2.8c DP 1.6c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

raining here now but looks like it might stop soon, still about 1cm of snow left on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

Any pics from the Dublin/Wicklow Mountains?

• Advertisement

There is a small chance of another snowfall in the east on Sunday

I would say the Sally gap is pasted !

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Snow has gradually transitioned to sleet and now rain. Was nice while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Absolutely fab to wake up in sandyford this morning. Kids dragged me out of bed to see it and at least we got a great walk with the dogs who had a ball.

Melting fairly fast now but I'm still happy I got my fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I have to drive from Drogheda to North Leitrim tonight at around midnight.

I was planning on going Navan > Cavan > Belturbet > Glangevlin > Dowra.

Does anybody know what these roads will be like tonight? Is it worth taking the N4 to Carrick then heading North instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Hoagy

fletch wrote: »
    Any pics from the Dublin/Wicklow Mountains?

Lacken Village

Lacken%2003_zpsgdmydhwz.jpg

Lacken%2001_zpsa8xcqyvb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hoagy wrote: »
    Lacken Village
    Can't wait to get out there in the mountains at the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've a snow ball melting on the sink :)
    Junior will be devastated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I've a snow ball melting on the sink :)
    Junior will be devastated!

put in in the freezer. i had somebody freeze joint hail before just so i could see it. impressive

Advertisement