Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,023 ✭✭✭✭unkel

goz83 wrote: »
    Was told they just had to register one for test drives

This is genuine. They use different cars for 24h test drives (maybe an insurance / registration issue?). I had to wait to get my 24h test drive too for this reason. Ring Mooney's, they have the car I had available for 24h test drives. Perhaps the dealer you were dealing with can not get their hands on another car.

I had the grinding noise on my test drive too once or twice. I'll make sure the issue is sorted before I collect my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Bif wrote: »
    how is it working out for you?

I love it. Honestly at the minute hard to see me going back to an ICE.

I was booked in with the garage this morning for them to look at the brake regarding the noise, when I got there they told me about the recall. Parts have been ordered to cover any units recalled, they will have them during the week.

Other than that I haven't had any issues, it's been a revelation.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

I love it. Honestly at the minute hard to see me going back to an ICE.

I was booked in with the garage this morning for them to look at the brake regarding the noise, when I got there they told me about the recall. Parts have been ordered to cover any units recalled, they will have them during the week.

Other than that I haven't had any issues, it's been a revelation.
    Thanks. How is the real world range working out?

Depending on conditions etc, anywhere between 190 - 225km. Yesterday done a trip to my parents, 102km run, with most of it motorway driving, from Kilcock to greystones. It was raining, high winds, battery efficiency for the trip on the way out was 102km @ 14.7kw/100km and the return leg was 15.3kw/100km.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

What speed were you driving Fiery mutant?

• Advertisement

On the motorway about 110kph where the limit allowed for it. Where the limit was 100kph, I stuck to that speed, and then 80kph through the Lucan area where the cameras are.

Depending on conditions etc, anywhere between 190 - 225km. Yesterday done a trip to my parents, 102km run, with most of it motorway driving, from Kilcock to greystones. It was raining, high winds, battery efficiency for the trip on the way out was 102km @ 14.7kw/100km and the return leg was 15.3kw/100km.

That's an implied range of just under 200km. At 100-110km/h in atrocious winter weather like we had yesterday, that's pretty decent. What's your driving mode? Normal / sport with regen 1 or 2?

Normal mode on the motorway with regen at 1, eco on the back roads with regen at level 1, or 2 depending on the road.

I wouldn't be banking on just under 200 kms at all based on the experience I had over 207 Kms, in warm fine weather maybe but I'd be looking to be close to a charge point by 170 kms which still isn't bad if you can charge so fast on the fast charger.

If the weather was any better yesterday, I would have been comfortable enough to try the full trip without looking for a top up. And I had the wife and 2 kids in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Any news on when the plug in hybrid version is being released over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Pacifico wrote: »
    Any news on when the plug in hybrid version is being released over here?

Q3/Q4 2017. It will be substantially more expensive. At least another €5k on top of the EV.

Can't see that being a popular car. Worst of both worlds. As Nyland said reviewing the BEV when he mentioned there were also a PHEV and a Hybrid: "you don't want those" :p

Well, so far in 2017, it looks like the BEV Ioniq is more than 70% of sales, and 15% of total european sales.
    Betcha' Hyundai Ireland HQ did a double take....

BEV outsold hybrid in the UK too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

cros13 wrote: »
    Well, so far in 2017, it looks like the BEV Ioniq is more than 70% of sales.

70% of all BEV or 70% of Hyundai sales?

KCross wrote: »
    70% of all BEV or 70% of Hyundai sales?

71% of Ioniq sales were BEV rather than Hybrid. Hybrid available from more dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

A lad with an Ioniq on the Facebook EV page is having an issue with charging the car. It won't start charging... He bought it 2-3 weeks a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

peposhi wrote: »
    A lad with an Ioniq on the Facebook EV page is having an issue with charging the car. It won't start charging... He bought it 2-3 weeks a go.
    I noticed that. Will be interesting to see what is at the heart of it.

There's no doubt that the Ioniq is an advancement given its greater efficiency. However, with this being their first EV offering - and generation 1, perhaps there may be the odd issue that emerges....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Most likely a dodgy cable.

Ioniq expected to have low depreciation / high residual value

Linky

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Ioniq expected to have low depreciation / high residual value

Linky

Not sure how they came up with those figures. The things they quoted could be said about the Leaf as well (efficiency, acceleration etc). I'd take it with a pinch of salt to be honest

Also, why are the UK figures so much less than all the rest of Europe.... sterling?
    The rest all hover around 50% which is much the same as any other car (50% after 3 yrs is typical).

KCross wrote: »
    Not sure how they came up with those figures.

Neither do I. But it's their business to predict these figures. They probably have models for it. These predictions have a direct impact on lease terms and lease company profitability.

Leaf is an old inefficient car on its last legs, plenty of them around second hand for sale. Ioniq is a new efficient car, hard to get your hands on new, almost impossible to get one second hand. Why the Leaf depreciates more is not so hard to reason :D

Neither do I. But it's their business to predict these figures. They probably have models for it. These predictions have a direct impact on lease terms and lease company profitability.

Leaf is an old inefficient car on its last legs, plenty of them around second hand for sale. Ioniq is a new efficient car, hard to get your hands on new, almost impossible to get one second hand. Why the Leaf depreciates more is not so hard to reason :D

My point was, the reasons they gave for the Ioniq holding value could be said of the Leaf as well and clearly it doesnt retain its value so I cant see how they can use those reasons for the Ioniq.

I guess it's just a press release from a fleet branch organisation (Fleet Europe). I doubt Eurotaxglass are going to share the details of their data models in there. They'd be out of business :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The GMFV went up in Ireland from Jan to Feb on the PCP Scrappage deal.
    From €7,979 to €9,118

Clearly Hyundai have more confidence in the residuals.

Personally, I have zero confidence in the impact of GMFV on PCP contracts on the real depreciation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Personally, I have zero confidence in GMFV on PCP contracts :D

GMFV is there to reduce monthly payments, but keep the dealer so nobody walks out of the deal handling the car back.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Personally, I have zero confidence in GMFV on PCP contracts :D

Same here, some people complained about the low value.
    I treated it as how big does my loan need to be in three years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

He's reporting that he brought it back to Hyundai and they are saying it's a faulty charging module....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

cros13 wrote: »
    Well, so far in 2017, it looks like the BEV Ioniq is more than 70% of sales, and 15% of total european sales.

BEV outsold hybrid in the UK too.

It's impressive, but I wonder if selling one car with three different drivetrain options has just made things too confusing for the average car buyer? Or are those looking for normal petrol hybrids just going straight to Toyota or Honda, who have the experience and reputation in this market?

The BEV version is probably doing so well as there's much less choice, and it compares very favourably to the alternatives right now - people looking for BEVs will certainly know about the Ioniq EV specifically.

The PHEV will be a hard sell due to cost. It could suit those who only have one car, short commute but also want to be able to do long distances without perceived "hassle" of public charging - but it may not make much financial sense. It's not like the BMW 330e or Outlander PHEV where there are no BEV alternatives in that segment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement