Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭adunis

Nah standard Ioniq behaviour,
    12v battery will last prob 3/4 years,
    Best bet throw a cheepo booster pack off eBay in the glovebox and learn how to open the doors with the emergency key/ release the charge cable with the pull cable ,even with the 22v knackered it will only act the p@#ck once in a blue moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

adunis wrote: »
    Nah standard Ioniq behaviour,
    12v battery will last prob 3/4 years,
    Best bet throw a cheepo booster pack off eBay in the glovebox and learn how to open the doors with the emergency key/ release the charge cable with the pull cable ,even with the 22v knackered it will only act the p@#ck once in a blue moon.
    Thanks I'll pick one up and leave it in the car cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 65,136 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    Thanks I'll pick one up and leave it in the car cheers

They are brilliant and a steal at around EUR25-30 if you can get one in a sale. Make sure you know how to physically open the Ioniq door with the key though, as adunis suggested already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭zg3409

Car is/was due its yearly service a few weeks ago, but with everything closed I didn't bother looking into it. Kearys emailed to say they're reopening for essential maintenance and pre-nct (I wouldn't count my car service as essential), so I contacted Hyundai.

In the agents own words - "I am not certain if it will affect your warranty". They're going to contact me about it and I guess try schedule a service. I've no intention of getting my car services under the current regulations though.

Mine is due its service. I changed the cabin pollen filter for a part costing 11 euro including delivery. No tools needed, drop down glove box, guide came with filter. Dealer charged me 35 euro + labour last time for this. I will get it serviced when I can, but I won't be paying for cabin filter.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

zg3409 wrote: »
    Mine is due its service. I changed the cabin pollen filter for a part costing 11 euro including delivery. No tools needed, drop down glove box, guide came with filter. Dealer charged me 35 euro + labour last time for this. I will get it serviced when I can, but I won't be paying for cabin filter.

Cabin filters are one of the greatest scams dealers have during a service.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Absolutely, I change all mine, only takes minutes

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

I feel sorry for the dealers though. The very last thing they could do in a service to EVs that they can make a bit of a profit on is the aul pollen filter. And now we're all doing that one ourselves too :p

3 years of owning my Ioniq and I spent €0.00 on servicing + €163.80 for two tyres incl. shipping + €30 fitting them

And if I had known I was about to sell the car, I need not have bothered even changing these tyres as they were still road legal

unkel wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the dealers though. The very last thing they could do in a service to EVs that they can make a bit of a profit on is the aul pollen filter. And now we're all doing that one ourselves too :p

3 years of owning my Ioniq and I spent €0.00 on servicing + €163.80 for two tyres incl. shipping + €30 fitting them

And if I had known I was about to sell the car, I need not have bothered even changing these tyres as they were still road legal

A Cork lady thanks you for them. It rains more here

And I hope the car serves her as well as it did me. Excellent car, the Ioniq electric. But sure we all know that in this thread, no need to preach to the converted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What home home charge points are good with the Ioniq?

• Advertisement

Doesn't matter. As long as it's a 32A charge point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Your missus has a light foot :)

But yeah, that's pretty comprehensive support for what I've been saying for a long time. You can get 300km out of an Ioniq if you want, without resorting to hypermiling techniques. But not at motorway speeds or in winter obviously.
    Haha, did it for you took 3 minutes. 306km is her weighted average range of Ioniq :)

VoVKmJN.jpg

293km @ 98% = 299km :eek:.

I guess I'll need to tow her around for another few hundred kilmometers to get the GOM to show over 300km :D.

Car is/was due its yearly service a few weeks ago, but with everything closed I didn't bother looking into it. Kearys emailed to say they're reopening for essential maintenance and pre-nct (I wouldn't count my car service as essential), so I contacted Hyundai.

In the agents own words - "I am not certain if it will affect your warranty". They're going to contact me about it and I guess try schedule a service. I've no intention of getting my car services under the current regulations though.

Got that cleared up. Warranty unaffected. Tried booking me in for next week but I bowed out of that. Too awkward to drop it in for no reason really considering their flexibility at these times.

Think I heard €90 mentioned, so not too bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Anyone else seeing bad range on their Ioniq? Mine is a 181. When I got it I'd see 210km on the range after a full charge, this then dropped and i'd see 190, not even seeing 200 anymore even in good weather.
    In the recent couple of months I've not seen any over late 170s. And it's driving to that range too, i.e. not underestimating it.

I drive it ~65km each weekday and would charge every second day.

So anyone seeing these low figures?
    Also anyone know the easiest way to see the battery condition on an Ioniq?

lafors wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing bad range on their Ioniq?

Nothing wrong with ours anyway. Maybe check your tyre pressures or did you perhaps change tyres to something less efficient?
    What is your efficiency/consumption figure history?
    Easy to check in the EV menu.

Also anyone know the easiest way to see the battery condition on an Ioniq?

Well there are the battery bars/gauge on the right hand side & an app called Torque (with some tweaking) in combination with an OBD adapter.

What mileage is on your Ioniq?

Seems very low, you're in Dublin so presumably you don't do much over 100km/h in your commute? With the warmish weather of the past few weeks you should see over 200km range really, even if you have a heavy foot. What's your tyre pressures? If they are early 30s (but not low enough for the warning to come on) I guess you could lose a good 20km range just because of that.

Kramer wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with ours anyway. Maybe check your tyre pressures or did you perhaps change tyres to something less efficient?
    What is your efficiency/consumption figure history?
    Easy to check in the EV menu.

Well there are the battery bars/gauge on the right hand side & an app called Torque (with some tweaking) in combination with an OBD adapter.

What mileage is on your Ioniq?

Only on 33k.
    Efficiency is around 14/15kWh/100km
    Seems very low, you're in Dublin so presumably you don't do much over 100km/h in your commute? With the warmish weather of the past few weeks you should see over 200km range really, even if you have a heavy foot. What's your tyre pressures? If they are early 30s (but not low enough for the warning to come on) I guess you could lose a good 20km range just because of that.

Tire pressure is good I've checked it, same type of tyres as were on it originally.

28kWh usable battery so that should equate to between 186km to 200km range on the GOM. I wouldn't think the GOM showing high 170s is anything to be concerned about to be honest.

You'd need the bring the consumption down to see the estimated range increase - I would think 12kWh/100km should be easily achieveable with largely urban commuting.

14/15kWh/100km seems highish enough to me given how efficient the Ioniq is, depending on road type of course & driving style.

But I think high 170s looks OK given those efficiency figures.

14kWh / 100km is a range of 200km, which is also the EPA / WLTP range of the car. And pretty much par for the course for mixed driving in mild enough (non-winter) weather. Can you show us a list of the consumption of the last few days (like Kramer did recently). Maybe the low GOM is at odds with the real consumption you are getting? I presume you are on the latest firmware?

Are you sure your tyre pressures are at least high 30s? I can't remember from memory what they are supposed to be exactly. I'm sure it's been mentioned here and is also in the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

….Are you sure your tyre pressures are at least high 30s? I can't remember from memory what they are supposed to be exactly. I'm sure it's been mentioned here and is also in the manual.

It's 36.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Only on 33k.
    Efficiency is around 14/15kWh/100km.

My guess is that with the quieter roads your average speed is up, hence lower efficiency?

KCross wrote: »
    My guess is that with the quieter roads your average speed is up, hence lower efficiency?

Didn't think of that. You might very well be right. I have caught myself driving much faster on the M50 in the last few months than I would have (or could have) done before.

So I took the last 30 trips data (what the Ioniq records) and for 688km my average is 16.76kWh/100km

So actually working that out it's around 167km range I think.
    I'd say you're right then, clearer roads and a heavier than normal foot are the factors :o

Is there any way of clearing the memory of those trips? I'd be interested to see what the current distance is without driver influence :)

So I took the last 30 trips data (what the Ioniq records) and for 688km my average is 16.76kWh/100km

Heavy right foot - & why not! :)
    Is there any way of clearing the memory of those trips? I'd be interested to see what the current distance is without driver influence :)

Not that I'm aware of & it will always show an estimate of range, which is based on your previous usage/efficiency. There's no "rated range", like Tesla.

Your car is fine - it sounds like you are looking to find something wrong IMO.

Perhaps you are looking to upgrade & trying to justify this to yourself?

:pac:

Usual caveat - no motorway or high speed driving, rural & urban driving with low average speed & a light right footed driver :eek:.
    All return journeys too so no elevation/wind advantages etc.

lb4gDjG.jpg

Averaging 8.83kWh/100km giving an estimated range of 317km.

This won't be typical for prospective Ioniq owners - it's largely due to the current driving profile, ultra quiet roads & mild weather, but it's an indicator again of just how efficient the Ioniq can be.

Heavy right foot - & why not! :)

Not that I'm aware of & it will always show an estimate of range, which is based on your previous usage/efficiency. There's no "rated range", like Tesla.

Your car is fine - it sounds like you are looking to find something wrong IMO.

Perhaps you are looking to upgrade & trying to justify this to yourself?

:pac:

Hahaha, the car will be going back to the fleet company in January so I will be changing. The car is brilliant, if I was Joe public looking for a 2+2 family car that's so easy to drive and nippy too I'd find it hard to not recommend and that's even before the savings on fuel.

But yes I'll be changing....and upgrading ;)

Usual caveat - no motorway or high speed driving, rural & urban driving with low average speed & a light right footed driver :eek:.
    All return journeys too so no elevation/wind advantages etc.

lb4gDjG.jpg

Averaging 8.83kWh/100km giving an estimated range of 317km.

This won't be typical for prospective Ioniq owners - it's largely due to the current driving profile, ultra quiet roads & mild weather, but it's an indicator again of just how efficient the Ioniq can be.

That is mad Ted :pac:
    How on earth are you getting those figures? You must be trying to get it that low surely??

What you are getting next, lafors? :)

Ehm, let me guess. A company leased car, significant upgrade from Ioniq, but has to be within a certain price range? That makes it very hard to guess. Tesla Model 3 maybe? :pac:

That is mad Ted :pac:
    How on earth are you getting those figures?

Mrs. K always needed upwards of 200km, regardless of time of year, so she always drove accordingly. No motorway travel, usually urban & rural travel with low average speed.
    It's a habit she has now i guess - she's no captain slow to be fair but recent traffic & warm weather have produced those figures.

Carrying on from recent posts, I just checked the Ioniq again with Torque/OBD.

yEvsbVC.jpg

It's showing 100% SoH & 7280kWh cumulative energy discharged.
    This would equate to 15kWh from new, including all types of weather, roads (motorways), heating, AC etc.

Cumulative energy charged is 7620kWh - I wonder if that includes recuperated charge or just "plugged in" charge. If just plugged in, it would indicate 340kWh in charging losses, approx 4.5%.

Cumulative charge/discharge current are near identical - 20,800Ah odd.

Interesting :).

• Advertisement

What you are getting next, lafors? :)

Ehm, let me guess. A company leased car, significant upgrade from Ioniq, but has to be within a certain price range? That makes it very hard to guess. Tesla Model 3 maybe? :pac:

Nah the fleet companies have put the prices up on them and even puts the Ioniq 5k out of our budget now :mad:
    I'll drop out and get something myself. I had a test drive booked of the model 3 alright but that got canned obviously.
    Other option is to go mad again, came from a V8 to electric :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement