Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Rotterdam - 8th May

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What's the idea of having the European cards on a Sunday?

Zagreb was the same.

Saturday's are much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Crap that these aren't on Saturday. They really couldn't care less about the Europeans fans. Crap cards usually and now this Sunday nonsense has become the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

bur wrote: »
    Crap that these aren't on Saturday. They really couldn't care less about the Europeans fans. Crap cards usually and now this Sunday nonsense has become the norm.

Saturday's are obviously better but why does having it on a Sunday mean they don't care about European fans? It's not as if it's on until the early hours

• Registered Users Posts: 39,120 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mdwexford wrote: »
    What's the idea of having the European cards on a Sunday?

Zagreb was the same.

Saturday's are much better.

I'd imagine it's because Sunday daytime cards are an easier sell in the US

What time will the prelims on fight pass start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

What time will the prelims on fight pass start?

They kick off at 3.30

Mellor wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's because Sunday daytime cards are an easier sell in the US

Yeah must be the case I suppose, they let us and London have Saturday night slots though.

Maybe they'll all be Sunday's from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

How soon after the fights finish do they appear on fight pass? Gonna miss the Nelson fight but I'd like to watch later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Will Gates welcome to cut town, population you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    How soon after the fights finish do they appear on fight pass? Gonna miss the Nelson fight but I'd like to watch later.

They'll up there straight away

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Anyone know if Devastator made it home alive?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

califano wrote: »
    Anyone know if Devastator made it home alive?.

:D yeah after a sprint through the airport to make the flight home :D I was thinking to myself, "would another night in A'dam be soo bad?" then I remembered how much they would probably stroke me for another flight & hotel lol

Worked out well, Ahoy is a great arena! Rotterdam is a pretty confusing place to get around so had to ask loads of people directions but all good in the end. I went to the Feyenoord match, got my beer tokens and a great seat to watch the game. I stayed until 75th minute and left to make my way to the fights. Walking from Fyenoord to Ahoy probably wasn't the greatest idea because it was a roasting hot day, too hot to be walking around but I made it to ahoy during the 2nd pre lim so perfect timing for the Seery fight...and what a fight that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Devastator wrote: »
    :D yeah after a sprint through the airport to make the flight home :D I was thinking to myself, "would another night in A'dam be soo bad?" then I remembered how much they would probably stroke me for another flight & hotel lol

Worked out well, Ahoy is a great arena! Rotterdam is a pretty confusing place to get around so had to ask loads of people directions but all good in the end. I went to the Feyenoord match, got my beer tokens and a great seat to watch the game. I stayed until 75th minute and left to make my way to the fights. Walking from Fyenoord to Ahoy probably wasn't the greatest idea because it was a roasting hot day, too hot to be walking around but I made it to ahoy during the 2nd pre lim so perfect timing for the Seery fight...and what a fight that was.

Welcome home son.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

had us all worried for a bit! :D:D:D

Screw the fighting, how about the hookers and weed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,120 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gunni back into the WW rankings at 13 after that.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Screw the fighting, how about the hookers and weed. :pac:

:pac: Strong smelling and plentiful :pac:

Seriously though, if anyone is going to Holland for these reasons then Rotterdam probably ain't your best bet. Its very different to Amsterdam is that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mellor wrote: »
    Gunni back into the WW rankings at 13 after that.

He and Magny or Stun Gun next would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

:pac: Strong smelling and plentiful :pac:

Seriously though, if anyone is going to Holland for these reasons then Rotterdam probably ain't your best bet. Its very different to Amsterdam is that way.

Rotterdam is awful for getting a taxi, not 1 passed us on the walk from Feynoord's stadium to the Ahoy arena and after the event was over we had to spend about 35 mins on the side of a busy road trying to flag one down to bring us to Rotterdam Centraal. Great event though, atmosphere for the De Randamie fight was unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Hoki wrote: »
    Rotterdam is awful for getting a taxi, not 1 passed us on the walk from Feynoord's stadium to the Ahoy arena and after the event was over we had to spend about 35 mins on the side of a busy road trying to flag one down to bring us to Rotterdam Centraal. Great event though, atmosphere for the De Randamie fight was unreal.

"We" wouldnt even have considered taken a taxi from Ahoy to CS. 5 minute walk metro Zuidplein and 15 minutes later CS. Taxidrivers know that too.
    Public transport is great in Rotterdam so taxis are focussing on the hours PT has stopped..

yeah the metro was the best way to go after the fights. I was going to beurs, 1 stop away from central, and the trains came along every 10 mins or so. The station was just over the road from the ahoy too. The taxis do seem pretty useless anyway. After the fights when I got back to hotel I asked a taxi to take me to a coffeeshop and he just shrugged and said they'd be closed, it was only midnight and was told by others normally open to 1.

Advertisement