Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night (Rotterdam): Overeem v Arlovski & Horiguchi v Seery

Options
  • 01-05-2016 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

b7bb7d98a678d3499b8a72ace5e699d8.png

Date: Sunday 8th May
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (3:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (5pm, Fight Pass & BT Sport), Main Card (7pm, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Rotterdam, Holland
    Odds: Overeem (1/2) v Arlovski (9/5) and Horiguchi (1/5) v Seery (7/2)

What time will Neil Seery's fight be on?

Neil's fight with Horiguchi headlines the Fight Pass Prelims section of this card. There's 3 fights on this bill including the aforementioned, with the first kicking off at 3:30pm. It's likely that the fight will start at 4:30pm, but I'd tune in for 4:15pm just to be safe as a couple of early finishes may see them push on with this fight slightly earlier in order to use the remaining time to push Fight Pass advertisements.

How can I watch Neil Seery's fight?

As mentioned above, it's on Fight Pass. If you haven't subscribed before, you can get a 30 day free trial here. Just remember to unsubscribe if you don't want to keep the subscription. If you've used your free trial and are not a member, you'll need to take out a months subscription which costs €7.99.

Who Will Win The Main Event and Horiguchi v Seery? (Please Select 2 Options Only) 93 votes

Overeem via KO/TKO
    0%
    Overeem via Decision
    27%
    weemcdcalifanomailburnerxtal191Mellorshrapnel222HokiThat_Guycallaway92kearneybobsDeppDevastatorPudsy33RebelSouldarcedJR6Paully Dadcakesburjousting with chairs 26 votes
    Overeem via Submission
    6%
    MellorDeppSwashbucklersmilerfbennyl10loudnoises89 6 votes
    Arlovski via KO/TKO
    2%
    DeppZero-Cool 2 votes
    Arlovski via Decision
    15%
    MellorDuffCarroller[Deleted User]DeppProfessional GrieferMr. Managerdickwod1finglashoopJohn_D80Wrongway1985akelly02Dtp1979Whelo79 14 votes
    Arlovski via Submission
    2%
    MellorDepp 2 votes
    Horiguchi via KO/TKO
    2%
    MellorDepp 2 votes
    Horiguchi via Decision
    3%
    MellorDeppbur 3 votes
    Horiguchi via Submission
    12%
    Mellorshrapnel222Hokicallaway92DeppJR6Paully DfinglashoopWrongway1985loudnoises89RedemptionZlougal88 12 votes
    Seery via KO/TKO
    3%
    califanoMellorDepp 3 votes
    Seery via Decision
    6%
    MellorDeppDevastatorbennyl10RebelSoulDtp1979 6 votes
    Seery via Submission
    18%
    mailburnerMellorDuffThat_Guy[Deleted User]DeppSwashbucklersmilerfMr. ManagerPudsy33dickwod1John_D80akelly02TimRigginsvivab13VisibleGorillaSubcomandante Marcos 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Arlovski via KO/TKO
    Cmon Seery ya Bollix!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Horiguchi via Submission
    God I hope Overeem loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Horiguchi via Submission
    God I hope Overeem loses.

As much as I love Arlovski, he's getting nowhere near the title. At least Overeem winning would make for a good contender.

Horiguchi via Submission
    callaway92 wrote: »
    As much as I love Arlovski, he's getting nowhere near the title. At least Overeem winning would make for a good contender.

That's true to be fair. I just really don't like Overeem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Seery via Decision
    Depp - WTF are you playing at? 197 was the 1st event thread with multiple poll options, fair enough if anyone didn't get it BUT this is the 2nd time you've selected every option?!?!? If you don't want to take part in a poll simply just f**king ignore it instead of ruining it for the rest of the forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Seery via Submission
    Devastator wrote: »
    Depp - WTF are you playing at? 197 was the 1st event thread with multiple poll options, fair enough if anyone didn't get it BUT this is the 2nd time you've selected every option?!?!? If you don't want to take part in a poll simply just f**king ignore it instead of ruining it for the rest of the forum

what are you on about?

Seery via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    what are you on about?

You've voted in every option in the poll, for the 2nd poll running

Seery via Submission
    You've voted in every option in the poll, for the 2nd poll running

huh? I only clicked two of the boxes? no idea how that happened my bad!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Seery via Submission

tumblr_o22wskz4en1rc7zl1o5_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Seery via Submission
    Planning to get up stupidly early on Sunday morning to do some study for my exams the following day/week.

This better damn well be good/worth my time!!

• Advertisement

Horiguchi via Submission
    Is Overeem still weighing in at 265 these days? Thought he struggled to make that after he had to give up the juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Seery via Submission
    Is Overeem still weighing in at 265 these days? Thought he struggled to make that after he had to give up the juice.
    Hasn't been close to 265 in a long while. He was high 50s for a while. Then low 50s verses Struve. 247 vrs Roy, 243 verses JDS.

It's hard to get Horsemeat in New Mexico

Horiguchi via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    Hasn't been close to 265 in a long while. He was high 50s for a while. Then low 50s verses Struve. 247 vrs Roy, 243 verses JDS.

It's hard to get Horsemeat in New Mexico

That's what I was thinking. I hate the stats UFC give. Jones has 86 inch reach for one fight, 84.5 in the next. JDS and Rothwell listed as same height etc. Makes it really hard to know how fighters actually compare until they fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That's what I was thinking. I hate the stats UFC give. Jones has 86 inch reach for one fight, 84.5 in the next. JDS and Rothwell listed as same height etc. Makes it really hard to know how fighters actually compare until they fight.

Nate Diaz lost 3 inches before the McGregor fight too.

Whatever about cutting weight, cutting height must be super dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Horiguchi via Submission
    Are people really giving Seery that much of a shot against Horiguchi? :eek:

Neil is one of my favourite people in the UFC and I really, really want him to win, but this is a huge step up for him. Horiguchi has been excellent in the UFC so far and virtually went the distance with Mighty Mouse last year.

Horiguchi via unanimous decision unfortunately I think. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Horiguchi via Submission
    Hope Gunni pulls something out of the bag. It will be a tough night for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Did Arlovski paint his nails for the photo for that infographic? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Seery via Submission
    Paully D wrote: »

Neil is one of my favourite people in the UFC and I really, really want him to win, but this is a huge step up for him. Horiguchi has been excellent in the UFC so far and virtually went the distance with Mighty Mouse last year.

Personally I voted with my heart and not my head for that one. I'd imagine it's the same for most people.

Seery via Decision
    Paully D wrote: »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Paully! You liar!! :pac:

I've completely gone with my heart and my selfishness to want to go mad if he does win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Seery to win by chasing Horiguchi around the octagon, trying to take his head off for fifteen minutes. Then gets fed to Mighty Mouse cos there really aren't many flyweights left for him.

You heard it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Seery via Submission
    Hope Gunni pulls something out of the bag. It will be a tough night for him.

I would have to give Gunnar a definite and distinct advantage on the mat. While I don't think it will nessacarily be a submission win I do think he can grind out a decision if he keeps it on the ground once he gets it there.

Tumenov will be tough to take down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Seery to win by chasing Horiguchi around the octagon, trying to take his head off for fifteen minutes. Then gets fed to Mighty Mouse cos there really aren't many flyweights left for him.

You heard it here.

If Seery was to pull off the win he'd get a shot because MM has beaten everyone else. They were going to feed the winner of a TUF to MM next! But that looks like it's been scrapped now.

Seery via Submission
    Am I the only one whod like to see smolka take on dj? think with his reach and size he could cause a few problems, if he wins his next hes right in the running i reckon

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Good man Sasaki!

Seery via Submission
    Studying psychology notes in between fights. Rock and fúcking roll lads. *rocks back and forth*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gates is cut anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ASOT wrote: »
    Gates is cut anyway.

They probably wont cut him yet, he stepped in as a late replacement in his last fight and he was due to fight Paddy in this one and it changed. While he is rubbish and should be gone they will probably give him one more chance.

Axwell wrote: »
    They probably wont cut him yet, he stepped in as a late replacement in his last fight and he was due to fight Paddy in this one and it changed. While he is rubbish and should be gone they will probably give him one more chance.

Depends how ruthless they want to be hes been pretty poor, he only beat montague who was basically a punching bag when he was in the UFC, your more than likely right though he might get one more.

This should be a decent hopefully Edwards gets the W

Seery via Submission
    Looked like Waters was going for a 'rock bottom'. :pac:

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Looked like Waters was going for a 'rock bottom'. :pac:

Some slam, id say he could have snook the second round with that.

Advertisement