Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Rotterdam - 8th May

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

yeah it sounds like a bigger version of the odyssey. Its the biggest concert arena in N.I, seat flloring gets moved in for some gigs, comedy nights, darts or some other events but its removed for the likes of ice hockey, moto cross...think its maybe done the monster truck show aswell.

Its just dumb wearing another teams colours into a match(unless your team is the away tem). I'll more than likely be in my normal clothes. I don't like mixing sports lol its hard to explain but I believe keep football to football, fighting to fighting, etc etc which is why I dont want to buy/wear a Feyenoord shirt. I don't get people going to fights but wearing a football(rugby,GAA,whatever) shirt. Same goes for chants, I felt like strangling myself at 196 for getting caught in the toure bro song :rolleyes::mad: Although I did enjoy the little airing of a team of Gary Breen's a while after :D

I'll get the name of your old local nearer the time(Im forgetful) thanks but imagine I'll probably hit the 1st boozer between the hotel & stadium

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

media_xll_3687462.jpg

From here.

Yo can copy/paste the text into Google translate. Usually does do an ok job with Dutch > English.
    But the text is nothing you guys dont know.

My local wasnt that local to me actually but it is conveniently close to the metro on your way to Ahoy.
    Closest thing to an old fashioned local in the Rotterdam harbour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Ticket master website is so bad to use its not even funny,zero tickets available bar floor seats for mad money.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Ticket master website is so bad to use its not even funny,zero tickets available bar floor seats for mad money.

:mad: I hate it. Did you find anything?

Devastator wrote: »
    :mad: I hate it. Did you find anything?

No only offering certain blocks 150e tickets,Im not fusses on seats 90 or 70e will do me once its central I couldnt care,still not sorted gonna keep trying should get it once its general sale tomorrow.

• Advertisement

No only offering certain blocks 150e tickets,Im not fusses on seats 90 or 70e will do me once its central I couldnt care,still not sorted gonna keep trying should get it once its general sale tomorrow.

you'll need to be on the ball. A few days later the pl darts is in the same place, its also the 1st time darts has been there and it sold out within 1 hour when it went on sale.

you'll need to be on the ball. A few days later the pl darts is in the same place, its also the 1st time darts has been there and it sold out within 1 hour when it went on sale.

Yeah with Overeem and Struve on the card especially,any word on guest figters for it? presume moussasi will be one anyways.

guest fighters? Not sure what you mean but I think Mousasi said he couldn't get a fight on the card

guest fighters? Not sure what you mean but I think Mousasi said he couldn't get a fight on the card

Ah they usually fly in fighters for Q + A and promo stuff like that Dublin have Holloway and Rothwell and all.

Ah they usually fly in fighters for Q + A and promo stuff like that Dublin have Holloway and Rothwell and all.

ohhh right I see, I haven't heard anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Has anyone seen any odds online for Seery/Horiguchi? Particularly for a Seery submission win.

Any links, please and thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Im not fusses on seats 90 or 70e will do me once its central I couldnt care,

Have been to numerous UFC events at this stage in small and big arenas and there is never a bad seat in the house (centred or not).

Limiting yourself to a centre seat is making it tough.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Have been to numerous UFC events at this stage in small and big arenas and there is never a bad seat in the house (centred or not).

Limiting yourself to a centre seat is making it tough.

Ah yano what I mean I dont mind where I am just not stuck in a corner needing binoculars :pac:

I actually enjoyed Bamma sitting up the very back wouldnt ever pay mad money for cageside seats,there is other activities in Holland I could spend that $ on :pac:

I am pretty sure any seat in that place has a good view.
    But top row, 2nd tier somewhere in the corner and you probably dont get much more than a "i was there feeling" tbh.

My eye sight didnt improve over the years and i would still like to be able to see who is who apart from the colour of shorts they wear.

Only time i ever sat ring side was in the Rajadamnern in Bangkok and to be fair, you can also sit too close.
    Been to a few festivals in The Netherlands where i was very glad that i wasnt ring side as the furniture was flying around at 1 point.
    Those were not UFC events of course but i truly hope they have the right amount of security.

I am pretty sure any seat in that place has a good view.
    But top row, 2nd tier somewhere i nthe corner and you probably dont get much more than a "i was there feeling" tbh.

My eye sight didnt improve over the years and i would still like to be able to see who is who apart from the colour of shorts they wear.

Only time i ever sat ring side was in the Rajadamnern in Bangkok and to be fair, you can also sit too close.
    Been to a few festivals in The Netherlands where i was very glad that i wasnt ring side as the furniture was flying around at 1 point.
    Those were not UFC events of course but i truly hope they have the right amount of security.

Sold out it appears,had no joy kept giving me single tickets or 2 in more expensive sections,sods law.

Did you not get tickets gamebred?

Dutch journo I follow on twitter reporting that tickets sold out within 1 hour! :eek: I thought it would be fast but not that fast! I know I said the darts sold out within hour BUT its bit lower capacity(1 side of arena used as stage and table seating on floor).

Did you not get tickets gamebred?

Dutch journo I follow on twitter reporting that tickets sold out within 1 hour! :eek: I thought it would be fast but not that fast! I know I said the darts sold out within hour BUT its bit lower capacity(1 side of arena used as stage and table seating on floor).

Theres still a few single ones popping up here and there but I wanted 2 together on since 9 looking for came across the odd seats but they were right in corner wasnt paying a 100 quid for them each.

This something?

http://www.viagogo.nl/Sportkaartjes/Andere-Sporten/UFC-Kaartjes/E-1668883

You can click the sets and available tickets will show up.
    have to decide yourself if those prices are right or not though.

inforfun wrote: »
    This something?

http://www.viagogo.nl/Sportkaartjes/Andere-Sporten/UFC-Kaartjes/E-1668883

You can click the sets and available tickets will show up.have to decide yourself if those prices are right or not though.

Is that legit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Is that legit?

Yeah iv used them before, not the Dutch side of the side though. Used them to buy parklife tickets for June.

Is that legit?

Yes it is.

Sister used them recently for Feyenoord tickets

Tickets are there for sure.
    The company however is not free from dubious practices though.
    Long story short, they have been accused to have at times employees posing as customer selling tickets.

But well.... a ticket is a ticket.

Yeah viagogo is a very well known ticketing site. I got my feyenoord ticket off it and had the emails,etc exactly when promised.

If UFC Rotterdam is anything like UFC196 then keep checking ticketmaster for next few days because for 196 they keep releasing new batches of tickets at random times once the general sale had started

ViaGoGo are an absolute rip-off. They sell well over the face price so profit can be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

ViaGoGo are an absolute rip-off. They sell well over the face price so profit can be made.

Well they are a business..... I think everyone knows that they have to pay a premium on sites like viagogo. They tell you how much extra you're paying and you can still choose not to pay it.... it's no worse than buying overpriced tickets on donedeal etc.

Hoki wrote: »
    Well they are a business..... I think everyone knows that they have to pay a premium on sites like viagogo. They tell you how much extra you're paying and you can still choose not to pay it.... it's no worse than buying overpriced tickets on donedeal etc.

Yes I know that.

There are far better options than ViaGoGo..always

Such as?

I have no problem you badmouthing viagogo but then come up with alternatives.
    I dont have them. Too long ago since i needed tickets in The Netherlands for anything.

I only mentioned viagogo because i know people who used them recently and were happy enough with them.

Personally i find the fees& extra's you pay at ticketmaster also pure and simple robbery.
    But it is the inevitable thing nowadays unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Yes I know that.

There are far better options than ViaGoGo..always

When an event is sold out what are the alternative options? Genuinely interested. I'd guess that sites such as viagogo and done deal are the most common ways - both of which you'll be paying a good bit above face value .

Quite simple really, if you want to go badly enough you'll pay the price.

• Advertisement

Yeah 100% agree,if you want something bad enough you'll pay the odds,Id rather a holiday in spain than pay for decent tickets at this on top of expenses.

Advertisement