Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Rotterdam - 8th May

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Which is fair enough gamebred, everyone has to make their own decision on how much is too much for themselves.

I,obviously, was quite determined to goto this which is why I made sure to get a ticket in the pre sale. If I didn't get a pre sale ticket I most likely would have bought 1 from viagogo but I wouldn't have wanted to pay WAY above the odds. Any touts looking double(+) face value needs slapped viciously

• Registered Users Posts: 14,451 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Gamebred wrote: »
    Yeah 100% agree,if you want something bad enough you'll pay the odds,Id rather a holiday in spain than pay for decent tickets at this on top of expenses.

Exactly. Not a card worth paying over the odds for 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

callaway92 wrote: »
    Exactly. Not a card worth paying over the odds for 100%

Only just now had a good look at the card and how its shaping up so far. I had high hopes considering it wil be the first (I think) in the Netherlands. Really nothing there at all to get excited about. Which probably means it will be one one the most entertaining in history!!

Joking aside though, at least we have Seery and Gunnar Nelson to make it some bit interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I think its a good card lads, much better than the Dublin card anyway.

TM's website might be a big steaming turd but they're fast with tickets. Mine came through the letterbox this morning :eek::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

ASOT wrote: »
    I think its a good card lads, much better than the Dublin card anyway.

From a neutrals perdpective definitely. BAMMA put on better cards than we got off the UFC last time round.

Just cant get excited about Rotterdam at all snd im usually very easily pleased and would rarely judge an event before its over.

I suppose there is a little bit of mystique around the main event considering they trained together. Other than that though its fairly meh. Only a shade ahead of Dublin really.

Lads, there might be a bit of a spanner in the works. I just noticed on the ticket it says doors open 15:30 :eek: It does say subject to changes and no times as yet on ufc.com but if it is an afternoon start thats probably ruling our the Feyenoord match :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Doors open, numbered seats.... Wouldnt be too bothered only to go there after Feyenoord is finished.

Not sure how much you like walking but i would say it is at most a 20/25 minute walk for an average fit person from the Feyenoord stadium to Ahoy.

Much faster than trying any kind of public transport after the match and you cant go wrong. 1 long straight walk if you take the right bridge at the stadium, that is.

It says 45 minutes but that wouklld be at the address of the Feyenoord offices and will set yuo back 10 minutes or so.

The walk doesn't bother me, I was expecting it to be at least that.

Just annoyed at this stage as may need to miss some of 1 or the other. Am I right in saying the football kicks off at 14:30 local time?

I've sent msg to the guy who runs ufc Nederlands twitter account to see if he has a confirmed time.

Yeah, football kicks off at 14.30.
    Doors open at ..... i dont know but hours before.
    See what i am trying to say?

• Advertisement

That fella got back to me with this from ticketmaster....I guess its not likely to change much if thats what they're advertising & putting on tickets. CeuOlMRXIAAIAg4.jpg

So the match will be ending roughly same time as the first pre lim is due to start. As its last match of the season there might be something on after the game. It'll be cutting it close....depending on what the 1st fight is I could maybe miss it(unless it Seery!)

Well, what happens after the match might be influenced by whether or not they win the cup final on the 24th of april as this would be the one and last home match after that.

But lap of honour with that thing would be before kick off, i imagine.

If they lose that and finish 4th/8th, there will be nothing after the match as it would mean play offs for EL qualification. 3rd would me end of seaso nand EL qulification.

So.... no ones knows now.

What makes you think a lap of homour would be before kick off? Maybe its different around the world but I'm just thinking from English leagues, after the last match of the season(regardless of whether anything is won) clubs/players normally do a lap of honour, sometimes with their families and kids on the pitch. I think its like a thank you to the fans for going to watch them all season. You're right though, nobody knows right now :pac:

Few ccard updates;
    Dutch fighter Germaine de Randamie takes on Anna Elmose & Leon Edwards replaces the injured Peter Sobotta against Dominic Waters

Working from memory with that lap of honour tbh.

The cup doesnt have the same standing as it has in England. Always has been seen as a bit of a consolation price but the image is improving somewhat since it became impossible for Dutch teams to have again international succes.

And winning this thing gets you straight in the group stages of the EL without having to play some weird mob financed bunch of South American mercenaries in far away Eastern Europe.

Best scenario for you would be cup win on the 24th of april.
    For me as a fan too.

Nice interview with Neil Seery about his fight with Horiguchi and his thoughts on the Easter celebrations :pac:

http://severemma.com/2016/04/neil-seery-horiguchi-i-know-people-think-mismatch/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Highly recommend the Seery vlogs this week on the severe youtube channel. Just top quality stuff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Highly recommend the Seery vlogs this week on the severe youtube channel. Just top quality stuff :pac:

number 1 is cult level

Seery & now maybe Paddy on the same card......AWESOME!

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I can't believe he works with Mr Miyagi :pac::D Is he doing 1 every day, I seen no 1 which he said was Monday & 2 on Tuesday. They're quality

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Hooligan vs Willie Gates looks set to be on this card. Lots of Irish interest and of course I can't ****ing go now. :mad::(

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    The Hooligan vs Willie Gates looks set to be on this card. Lots of Irish interest and of course I can't ****ing go now. :mad::(

Various accounts on twitter today making out like it was done deal. I replied to a UFC Ireland(dunno if its official,dont tihnk so lol) asking was it confirmed. Paddy & Gates were tagged on it and Paddy liked the post, so hopefully thats an indication thats its on....same way that happened with Seery a few weeks ago :)

Thats a pity you can't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Devastator wrote: »

he needs a win

not as much as he

needs

a

tan
    the

white

mother****er

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Going to this with two of my mates on the Saturday morning.

Seems to be a good amount heading over.

Nice card too. I would assume thats the final card now though?

seiphil wrote: »
    Going to this with two of my mates on the Saturday morning.

Seems to be a good amount heading over.

Nice card too. I would assume thats the final card now though?

With less than a month to go and I think thats 13 or 14 fights I would guess thats the final card, fingers crossed for no withdrawls

It looks from the UFC site that the fight card has been decided with Neil & Paddy's fights on as 2 of the 3 the early pre lims :mad: Seems like I'm probably going to have to leave the Feyenoord match at half time to make sure I get to the arena on time for their fights

You need to know when the first fight starts.
    Is Ahoy opening their doors at 1630 or is the first fight at 16.30?

If it is doors open at 1630, no need to leave the Feyenoord stadium before the final whistle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

How the seery horiguchi fight isnt main card is absolutely stupid,a guy who only fought for the belt recently and hes near the start of the card.

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    You need to know when the first fight starts.
    Is Ahoy opening their doors at 1630 or is the first fight at 16.30?

If it is doors open at 1630, no need to leave the Feyenoord stadium before the final whistle

No, doors at 3:30 & I think I heard 1st fight is due at 4. So if match kicks off at 2:30 that will give me approx 45 mins from end of 1st half to make it to the Ahoy, get in, get beer, find my seat,etc.

I just think its a bit of a strange decision for Paddy anyway. He stepped up to headline the Dublin card in his last fight and now he's on early pre lims

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/720571058005237760

Advertisement