Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Black grilles always look better on bmws. Those chrome ones date the cars badly.

(Mine are still chrome)

Did a DIY job on my e36 and e46 but too nervous for the new car.

Think it depends on the colour of the car. I'm not doing it to mine, would make it too black.
    Nixonbot wrote: »
    Somehow stayed vaguely clean in Leitrim for a week!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108990338#post108990338

(old pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

Paint Correction, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra and exo v4. It's shiny now. Went the whole hog as I plan to hold onto it and red is a bitch for fading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Think it depends on the colour of the car. I'm not doing it to mine, would make it too black.

Completely agree. I've seen silver E46s with the black grilles and they look all wrong on it (IMO), the chrome looks way better. A darker colour works better with black grilles for sure and it does look well on many of the modern cars and even some of the older ones, indeed you can now get them with black grilles from the factory. But each to their own.

I don't have the absolute aversion to chrome many BMW enthusiasts have, without a doubt I'd have a shadowline exterior over a chromeline one, and things like chrome exterior door handles or bumper tips etc are horrible and should be banned :D, but a subtle bit enhances the look of the car IMO. If you bought a six cylinder E46 or E90, as well as the twin exhausts everyone knows about, you also got chrome grille slats and IMO they definitely look better than the plain black ones that came on the four cylinder models. BMWs are all about the subtle details, and part of their appeal is only the enthusiasts know who's got what even when they're debadged.

I also put genuine BMW chrome exhaust tips on mine recently and I'm very happy, the chrome tips compliment the black bumper apron and silver bumper very nicely, a subtle bit of chrome without overdoing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

If you bought a six cylinder E46 or E90, as well as the twin exhausts everyone knows about, you also got chrome grille slats and IMO they definitely look better than the plain black ones that came on the four cylinder models. BMWs are all about the subtle details, and part of their appeal is only the enthusiasts know who's got what even when they're debadged.

Exactly. Might as well put a 320d badge on the back of it. It's overdone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally got it Valeted. It will be 2 years old in May 28th. 48k kms so far.

IMG-20190511-095423.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Finally got it Valeted. It will be 2 years old in May 28th. 48k kms so far.

Would you recommend valeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Danzy wrote: »

Yes. I always go to him and he does very good job. Charges only 45eu for medium valet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Danzy wrote: »

Danzy, you might want to delete the quoted photo from your post quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

bazz26 wrote: »
    Danzy, you might want to delete the quoted photo from your post quickly.

I have to say and I know it’s trivial but I think the 24 hour ban because someone quoted a couple of pics is absolutely ridiculous. Most of us that post and comment here are regulars and know it’s preferable not to quote pics but new posters are hit with bans over a silly little thing. I’d imagine it wouldn’t encourage them to rush back.

I’m not trying to have a go at the mods directly. They do a great job for the most part.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

h3000 wrote: »
    I have to say and I know it’s trivial but I think the 24 hour ban because someone quoted a couple of pics is absolutely ridiculous. Most of us that post and comment here are regulars and know it’s preferable not to quote pics but new posters are hit with bans over a silly little thing.

I beg to differ. I was caught myself once or twice. It's easy enough to get caught if you are not paying attention and are on different image posting threads on boards where you are allowed to quote pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I'd actually like to see it brought into other threads on motors as well (such as the chat one and the parking and here's what I saw today ones), quoting photos makes pages unnecessarily long, especially if one is viewing from a mobile device. I don't need to see the same photo more than once. I know it may seem harsh but in fairness it's clearly stated in the title not to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

uGNIF9Pl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Interslice wrote: »
    uGNIF9Pl.jpg

Lolz

Banned for quoting image

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Lolz

(and quotes the bloody image) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

(and quotes the bloody image) :eek:

Beats a pic of another feckin BMW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Not mine, but...

In Toronto at the moment. Booked a Premium car but they literally had no cars at the airport. Offered a free upgrade to an SUV which I politely declined. Ended up with this. The facelift has the much better 10 speed box but the interior is as low rent as usual.

8yxt0cz.jpg

Then I spent a few hours behind the wheel of these in some twisties and country roads. The Huracan is an absolute beast, hands down the most fun of them all.

If it wasn't for the fact I only had the rental for a week I would have booked a track session in the Huracan before I left.

vN5Srbo.jpg

P22tX3Y.jpg

oyDqVip.jpg

9dwuvnX.jpg

0hAsXMx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

480087.jpg

Pretty sure this is not to everyone's taste but I quite like it :)

The front however is a bit harder to love :pac:

480088.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Fantastic. I wonder if there are any registered in Ireland?

Fantastic. I wonder if there are any registered in Ireland?

Barely any around here so I'd imagine there aren't any.
    Don't even think they did a right hand drive version.
    Funny enough, it comes with a rare option, solar panel sunroof and rear electric blind.
    Both of which options cost more than I paid for the car :D

• Advertisement

Lots like the love child between a Ford Scorpio and Nissan Tiida.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Lots like the love child between a Ford Scorpio and Nissan Tiida.

London taxi was an Uncle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Mitsuoka Viewt was an aunt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Not mine, but...

The last car (white one) in your post is a thing of beauty, what is it?

I searched for it in google images and it came up with a Hyundai:)

It's a Nissan GTR.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It's a Nissan GTR.

Cheers.

Such a nice looking motor, I would've been very surprised if it was indeed a Hyundai Sonata.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What's going on with the front tyre on the GT-R?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What's going on with the front tyre on the GT-R?

I think it's just the photo. The guy running the tour was all about safety so I wouldn't expect them to be running a bad tyre. Nothing stood out in person anyway.

They had a GT3 but we couldn't take it out due to damp roads from earlier rain. He was hesitant in us picking the 458 and would have liked another AWD car in the group.

After finishing the tour everyone regretted picking the GT-R over the R8. I voted it due to it being different than the usual Lambo or Ferrari but it just wasn't as exciting to drive. Beautiful machine and no doubt very fast, it was just missing something.

And it's exactly those sort of comments that makes me like the car.
    Not a looker at the front by all means but it does turn heads (usually in disgust) and it's super comfortable to drive.
    The air suspension is a joy to be over.
    The seats are sublime and the bose sound system packs a punch.
    Obviously it's not without its faults, the parking sensors have a mind of their own, I'm pretty sure the xenons are some crap Chinese ones and the aircon doesn't work.
    All on my to do list but enjoying my first auto car.
    Still have the punto for my little pocket rocket fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

C&C last week, she's just after a mini suspension refresh during the week including new front Upper and Lower Control Arms, Center Drag Link, Tie Rod Ends, Drop Links and new rear Upper and Lower Control Arms. Finding a place to track it right now is proving difficult :pac:

HUdGjOrh.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement