Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

If ye want more pics, check out Spirit Detailing's Facebook page :)

Such a lovely colour combo with red, silver and black.

No interior pics :( Seats look a tasty colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Absolutely beautiful that Alfa.

Leah's loved their styling. Drivers car really is.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What a beauty! Well wear, looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ya legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

420 went back on Monday when this was dropped in.

479170.jpg

190DSG 4wd XCellence model, so has all the kit and caboodle, expect full leather.

Much better looking than it's sister vehicle the Tiguan Allspace. Haven't seen a Skodiaq side by side with it to compare those 2.

Loving the adaptive cruise with the DSG, makes commuting a breeze. Bit slower than I expected - just over 3,000km on so the engine should be loosening up by now. Doesn't have the punch you'd expect from a 190ps when you put the foot down, but its not deathly slow and should get better with a bit more mileage on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Met up with homik this evening and of course I had to take a photo, it's not every day you have two six cylinder E46s together in Ireland:p! What a lovely car it is as well, immaculate bodywork and the Nappa leather is gorgeous, a lot softer than the standard leather in mine:

6AYpBQV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Low Energy Eng

My 335i

20180325-163908.jpg

Edit- thanks black knight, appreciated.

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

My 335i

https://ibb.co/fY5trKs

fY5trKs

I'm not sure why that won't embed.
    You need to copy the image URL, not the page URL.
    Here:
    https://i.ibb.co/jv2G3xS/20180325-163908.jpg
    20180325-163908.jpg

My fiances car -
    20180611-162812.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

OSI wrote: »
    Poor Tiguan most be starting to feel like an unwanted child, nearly 30k on the clock and it’s last wash was during its service so I decided I’d give its first hand wash while the sun shined:

That's really smart looking OSI. The Tiguan's in the R Line guise are lovely. 30k is fair going in less than 12 months. Similar to the mileage my Mrs is doing, she has a 181 Ibiza since Mar 18 and there's 35k on it now, i'm thinking of trading in 2020 after the two year mark since the mileage will be higher than most. Either that or keep it the full 3 year term, buy it outright and sell it privately.

Did you get a higher mileage allowance built into the package?

• Advertisement

My 335i

What a beauty! What engine and gearbox does it have?

What a beauty! What engine and gearbox does it have?

Thanks Leonard, she can scrub up.
    N54 engine, 3 litre twin turbo. It's dct semi automatic.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

VW Polo GTI I picked up last week.
    20190503-130604.jpg
    20190503-130615.jpg
    20190503-132913.jpg

Thanks, never knew they did these with the DCT box - I thought it was only the USA only 335is and the M3 that got this option. Every day's a school day with BMWs:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Yeah I thought dct was only an option on the LCI coupes, and a rare option over here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Slumming it over the bank holiday weekend. Think she needs mudflaps!

46880923995_dd83b6f50f_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

dct?? really??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Finally got around to changing the chrome kidney grill to a gloss black one:

20190323-133305.jpg

20190507-093438.jpg

Danzy wrote: »
    Quite the difference.

Yeah, wasn't sure at first but once it was fitted I think it works well with the Carbon Black paintwork.

Guys un quote the photos...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

@Danzy you might want to read the thread title and edit your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

First one of 2019 for me! :pac:, bit slow off the mark this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

[/quote]

Looks good bazz. Where did you get them in the end? Thinking of changing to the double slat myself.

Wailin wrote: »

Looks good bazz. Where did you get them in the end? Thinking of changing to the double slat myself.[/QUOTE]

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/GRILLE-FOR-BMW-F10-F11-F18-SPORT-KIDNEY-DOUBLE-SLAT-M5-LOOK-GLOSS-BLACK/281814935106?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

had a bit of drama with the first delivery as one part was damaged ou of the box but the seller replaced it.

First one of 2019 for me! :pac:, bit slow off the mark this year.

Let standards slip there..... Shocking shocking stuff really is....

Cowboys ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

bazz26 wrote:
    had a bit of drama with the first delivery as one part was damaged ou of the box but the seller replaced it.

Looks really nice and thank you for sharing the link. I spray painted (plasti dip) but didn't like the finish and striped off after a week. Is it a big job to replace?

dct?? really??:confused:

I thought so but now that I research it, embarrassingly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Black grilles always look better on bmws. Those chrome ones date the cars badly.

(Mine are still chrome)

Did a DIY job on my e36 and e46 but too nervous for the new car.

bbari wrote: »
    Looks really nice and thank you for sharing the link. I spray painted (plasti dip) but didn't like the finish and striped off after a week. Is it a big job to replace?

It's bit of a pain on the F10 5 Series alright the first time and you will probably lose a bit of flesh from your fingers getting behind the top of the bumper as you have to release the clips on the back of the grill and push it out from behind but my advice is to spray the clips with some WD40 and let it set in for about 5 mins before going at one clip at a time while encouraging it out. There are plenty of videos on youtube but some of them make it look alot easier than it actually is because in those videos they have already been removed a few times so they are a lot easier to remove after the first time.
    Black grilles always look better on bmws. Those chrome ones date the cars badly.

(Mine are still chrome)

Did a DIY job on my e36 and e46 but too nervous for the new car.

Funny thing is that changing to a chrome grille was all the rage about 10 years ago because only the 6 cylinder and above engined cars got a chrome grille. Then every BMW started coming with a chrome grille as standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

I thought so but now that I research it, embarrassingly not.

Still a fast car!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement