Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

@Duke - who have you the car insured with? I have a '97 car I'd like to get back on the road but can't seem to be able to get insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

CorkMan_ wrote: »
    @Duke - who have you the car insured with? I have a '97 car I'd like to get back on the road but can't seem to be able to get insurance.

Ah, I have it on a classic policy with Autoline

If you have another car insured already with another company its the way to go, €400 max for fully comp cover

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Pops_20

If you have another car insured already with another company its the way to go, €400 max for fully comp cover

I'd be interested to know how you were able to get a classic policy with Autoline for that car.
    I tried to get a quote on my 1995 Nissan 180sx with them last year, and they refused based on the fact that they don't insure "that type of car" on a classic policy, despite it qualifying as being over 20 years old :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Pops_20 wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know how you were able to get a classic policy with Autoline for that car.
    I tried to get a quote on my 1995 Nissan 180sx with them last year, and they refused based on the fact that they don't insure "that type of car" on a classic policy, despite it qualifying as being over 20 years old :o

I had a similar problem last year but tried again this year and was successful, so worth trying them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Older picture from April 2017, my 141 VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI - the day I collected it, my friend works in VW and gave us a nice bonus reg plate as it was 2 days before we got married. It also got keyed really badly twice last Christmas (across the bonnet and passenger door) so that's in the pipeline for next month as well as a full valet as my daughter is a messy little feck :P It's only ever asked me of normal serviceable parts and handled 80,000KM with ease since I got it. Maybe try for an R-Line in 3 years? :cool:

AGKWhVZ.png

• Advertisement

Pops_20 wrote: »

I've never had a problem to be honest. Have this and my '90 Alto with them for €460 all in. Thats with 8k miles each. I've only done 600 in the Corolla since November and about 1k in the Alto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

This is something I am really worried about with Brexit, I have the Supra insured as classic with them too but if the UK leave the EU market then were does that leave us been insured through an Northern Ireland company, no Irish insurer want to touch Japanese cars when it comes to classic, maybe I should just sell up before then and get a classic Porsche or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

AVQ9YEe.jpg

Speaking of E66s, I picked this up for my Dad at Merlins just before Christmas. Abysmally spec'd - not even so much as heated seats - but it has nice low miles

Those wheels on yours are so lovely.

46042822754_e1f244ac02_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

As good as they look, i'm sure your dad's rides better with those ginormous cushions for tyres. What's the mileage like?

• Advertisement

110 miles on it last I checked a few weeks ago, was on 102k in October

Most other 730s around the 4.5/5k mark were well on their way to 200k. Did look at a nice black M Sport with the same wheels as yours, but it wouldn't start!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Google photos reminding me of when I had time to take the wheels off a clean car to do a job on them. This was 3 years ago, cars lucky to get a wash these days.

20160212-220947.jpg
    20160214-215119.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Kids?

That's my excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Picked this up today from a buddy for handy money. All the important mechanical stuff like the chain has been done.

Only a 520d manual but got rid of my wife's seat Ibiza 1.0 "PCP special" so a nice boost in power and comfort

2utj289.jpg

2rpth1w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

470843.jpg

NCT preparation and the annual oil change only 5k KMS since last NCT...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

First wash in ages, not really worth the hassle with the roads near me but I do like it when it’s shiney.

535-F1101-51-FE-475-A-A2-A2-F631-E86-CF6-A7.jpg

IMG-20190119-150139.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Truckermal wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=470843&stc=1&d=1547931527

NCT preparation and the annual oil change only 5k KMS since last NCT...

The best thing about owning a Toyota product IMO is the run up to the NCT. There is zero preparation and zero stress, it's just like, don't even bother focusing the lights you just wash the car, turn up for the test, pass, do another year.

You don't get that level of confidence with many other brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

The best thing about owning a Toyota product IMO is the run up to the NCT. There is zero preparation and zero stress, it's just like, don't even bother focusing the lights you just wash the car, turn up for the test, pass, do another year.

You don't get that level of confidence with many other brands.

Yep 2 parking light bulbs and a droplink for this year and I did not know the bulbs were blown as I did not use the light's in month's! I love Jap stuff especially Toyota..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

First wash in ages, not really worth the hassle with the roads near me but I do like it when it’s shiney.

That’s lovely. One of those or the 335d is my plan for my next car.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

h3000 wrote: »
    That’s lovely. One of those or the 335d is my plan for my next car.

They're a great all rounder, maybe a little long in the tooth at this stage but a hard car to fault as a daily. 335d would be nice if you can find one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Went a bit mad mixing and matching wheels today. Definitely going to stick with 16 inch from now on.
    The 17 inch Work wheels I had fitted looked great, but the car actually felt quite lazy accelerating. These are lightweight AVS wheels and the car actually feels much lighter to steer and drive.

EDIT: This car originally came with 15 inch wheels. I think 16" is the best balance between performance and looks.

aAEO2WI.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Now with full wallpaper on the windscreen along with the motors sticker whilst home from home :D
    ozvUnOnh.jpg

Pity it wasn't registered three cars later for 6007 :cool:

I'll need to keep an eye out round de' north side :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

At least can't see how dirty it is! :D

471064.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

20190125-100711.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

One hour later... :pac:

20190125-105047.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

A bit different to my usual posts :pac: She was due the first layer of primer today or Monday at the latest, they're hoping to shoot colour midweek, hopefully have it back by the end of the following week :cool:

X2TO3kfh.jpg

QgmSK1Dh.jpg

RZsdI2Bh.jpg

At least they said it was in good condition underneath and under the previous paint job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

A bit ......................

At least they said it was in good condition underneath and under the previous paint job!

Glad to see your fixing it, great looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Wait a God damn second. This is a perfect opportunity to go Estoril Blue! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Wait a God damn second. This is a perfect opportunity to go Estoril Blue! :)

Topaz in the sun isn't far off! Plus it would take a bit more to go for a colour change, even a subtle enough one like that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement