Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper 2016

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Daytripper 2017 headliners

Night 1- dance night someone like Fatboy Slim, Judge Jules etc

Night 2- rock/britpop kind of night someone like Richard Ashcroft, Keane, Scissor Sisters etc

Night 3- 80's night. Would love someone like Tears For Fears, Mike and the mechanics, Pet Shop Boys, Human League etc.

I'd go for a one day festival with a huge headliner, Duran Duran along with a mixed genre support bill

Fatboy Slim and Judge Jules are well played out, but Underworld, Massive Attack, Groove Armada, Basement Jaxx, The Chemical Brothers... they're all from that era and still sound good.

Instead of Britpop why not Irish acts? So many good Irish bands around these days organisers would be spoiled for choice. Villagers, Jape, The Minutes or whoever on one stage, Cathy Davey, Lisa Hannigan, Wallis Bird on the stage opposite. Thats just a few acts off the top of my head but it could be a cracking line up and a pretty cool selling point.

Bring back Madness for the third night. Everyone likes them and mods need a night to iron the Fred Perrys, and stomp to the happy happy monster sound etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Get the specials instead of madness. Have the manics on the Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

thesultan wrote: »
    Get the specials instead of madness. Have the manics on the Saturday

I'd take that

Tears for Fears on the Friday aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

If we are putting up our dreams for next year I'd love Pearl Jam supported by Staind... Make it happen Daytripper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Pearl Jam on their own. Keep staind away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Daft Punk Friday night,Pearl Jam Saturday night,Metallica Sunday night,something for everyone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

thesultan wrote: »
    Pearl Jam on their own. Keep staind away

Each to their own ;-)

If I got to pick all three nights I don't think many would turn up to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Pulp.

Advertisement