Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

For free too!

Dancing in a car park for free, won't be an option in years to come if these events aren't supported properly.

The tickets aren't that expensive compared to other festivals around the country, if you were to pay in to a venue in Dublin to see Leftfield alone, with one, MAYBE 2 support acts you'd be paying well over 60euro, plus travel expenses, these gigs are on our door step people....support them if you like the acts!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,046 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Friday 1st July

Main Stage

18.45-19.25- Disconauts
    20.15-21.00- King Kong Company
    22.00-23.30- Leftfield

Second Stage

18.00-18.45- Mark Kavanagh
    19.25-20.15- Bushwacka
    21.00-22.00- Mr C

Saturday 2nd July

Main Stage

18.30-19.15- Mad Ferritt (Oasis tribute)
    20.00-21.00- Stereo MCS
    22.00-23.30- Ocean Colour Scene

Second Stage

18.00-18.30- DiscoPunks
    19.15-20.00- Smash Hits
    21.00-22.00- Nevile Staple Band

Sunday 3rd July

Main Stage

18.30-19.15- Spring break
    20.15-21.15- Big Country
    22.00-23.15- Paul Young

Second Stage

18.00-18.30- The Unusual Suspects
    19.15-20.15- Rebel Rebel (David Bowie Tribute)
    21.15-22.00- Aslan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

Have decided to head to Waterford for this gig. We Have booked into the travellodge hotel. Can anyone tell me if its anywhere near or will I be spending a fortune on a taxi.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

danois wrote: »
    Have decided to head to Waterford for this gig. We Have booked into the travellodge hotel. Can anyone tell me if its anywhere near or will I be spending a fortune on a taxi.

Thanks

Its less then a 3 min walk you will see the RSC from the travel lodge.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks

You couldn't have picked a nearer place to stay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

That's great thanks. I'm normally crap at stuff like that. Can't wait now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Thanks

We booked there as well earlier this week when we decided to go :D

no drinking outside of the RSC and areas around it apperenatly

Garda fines will be handed out if caught

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

PTH2009 wrote: »
    no drinking outside of the RSC and areas around it apperenatly

Garda fines will be handed out if caught

Good stuff, should hopefully keep scum bags away.

Enjoy the gigs folks. Can't make any myself. Support this and keep music in Waterford alive

Be careful of the potential scumbags that may be around the area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

I

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wren2893

I'm so out of the loop. I live on the cork road and I came to boards to find out what the all racket was! I'm practically gettin in for free.

Some racket. Thought one of my neighbours was having a house party. Wouldn't mind but I live about 5 miles from the rsc. Not a hope of getting the baby to sleep. Fuming,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I live less than a mile from the RSC and can barely hear it inside the house,you must have some hearing to hear it from 5 miles away!

Can hear it in railway square

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wren2893

I'm half a mile away. There's nothing really in the path to disperse the sound so it's very loud. I'm not complaining. At least there's an event in the town. I just pity those who need to work in the morning! I don't think the next two night will be as loud though. There's just a lot of bass tonight that could keep some people up. I actually felt the music before I heard it earlier today, since I was wearing headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

that's a really good line up for all the days.
    pity about the venue but hope it continues. good luck to the organizers

only back from the euros and broke and broke up so can't go.

Waterford crowd are good craic
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Friday 1st July

Main Stage

18.45-19.25- Disconauts
    20.15-21.00- King Kong Company
    22.00-23.30- Leftfield

Second Stage

18.00-18.45- Mark Kavanagh
    19.25-20.15- Bushwacka
    21.00-22.00- Mr C

Saturday 2nd July

Main Stage

18.30-19.15- Mad Ferritt (Oasis tribute)
    20.00-21.00- Stereo MCS
    22.00-23.30- Ocean Colour Scene

Second Stage

18.00-18.30- DiscoPunks
    19.15-20.00- Smash Hits
    21.00-22.00- Nevile Staple Band

Sunday 3rd July

Main Stage

18.30-19.15- Spring break
    20.15-21.15- Big Country
    22.00-23.15- Paul Young

Second Stage

18.00-18.30- The Unusual Suspects
    19.15-20.15- Rebel Rebel (David Bowie Tribute)
    21.15-22.00- Aslan

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭aziz

Thought the venue looked very well, preferred it to Bolton street but obviously a small trek out of town so can't just nip up to the nearest pub for a fast one or two during sets
    Hopefully a better turnout tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

aziz wrote: »
    Thought the venue looked very well, preferred it to Bolton street but obviously a small trek out of town so can't just nip up to the nearest pub for a fast one or two during sets
    Hopefully a better turnout tomorrow night

quiet tonight?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    quiet tonight?

About 800 max I reckon, I was there from 6pm and up till about 7:30 I'd say there was 150 tops. I left there shortly after 9:30pm and at that's stage anyone that was going were in there by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Aquos76 wrote: »
    About 800 max I reckon, I was there from 6pm and up till about 7:30 I'd say there was 150 tops. I left there shortly after 9:30pm and at that's stage anyone that was going were in there by then.

whats the capacity?

With the way it's set up out there, I'd hazard a guess at between 1500 and 2000, apparently there's over 1000 ticked sold for tomorrow night so if weather is decent then they'll get a few more paying on the gate also. Ticket sales for Sunday are similar to that of tomorrow night also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Went tonight, incredible show. Sound and light show was amazing. It's a really good set up out there. Everything is laid out well and no problems with queuing for bar or toilets. No good at estimating crowds but I would think 8-900 which is good but poor for the quality of what was on offer. Leftfield tonight was one of the best lives shows I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i passed by there a few times tonight and there was no crowd out side the rsc when this was all going on ,,,i really look forward to alan playing on sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭aziz

Alan! Who the feck is alan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Wren2893 wrote: »
    I'm half a mile away. There's nothing really in the path to disperse the sound so it's very loud. I'm not complaining. At least there's an event in the town. I just pity those who need to work in the morning! I don't think the next two night will be as loud though. There's just a lot of bass tonight that could keep some people up. I actually felt the music before I heard it earlier today, since I was wearing headphones.

I'm out the Dunmore road about 4km away and could hear the thud thud thud till 11.30 bloody annoying especially since it could be heard even with all the windows shut :mad:

Jesus, people give out when we don't have any events running in the city and then when they are put on people still give out, I give up, we are just a shower of whingers down here in Waterford, we just love to find faults in everything :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I live in Cherrymount (top of) and heard nothing as I wasn't even aware this was on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I was at it, it was brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

It was an amazing night. King Kong Company were outstanding, fantastic to see such talent in a Waterford band. They could play at any international festival and be up there with the best of them. Leftfield were brilliant. Lights, sound, atmosphere, all fantastic. No queue for loo or drinks. Best value I've come across for a gig like this. Well done to the organisers!

Advertisement