Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper 2016

Options
  • 09-02-2016 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,963 ✭✭✭✭

To take place in the rsc on the weekend of 1-3 July

Friday 1 july-tba

Sat 2 July- ocean colour scene, Neville staples band, stero mcs and smash hits

Sun 3 July- tba

Will miss the Bolton street car park as it was nearer the city centre but they might organise shuttle buses from the quay, ballybricken, cleaboy, dunmore road etc.

Big possibility the Saturday will clash with a Waterford hurling match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭dzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will miss the Bolton street car park as it was nearer the city centre but they might organise shuttle buses from the quay, ballybricken, cleaboy, dunmore road etc.

unavoidable I heard with works @ Bolton street.

Its a 15 minute walk into John Street from there not the end of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

A yes the RSC i wonder will it be like when 50 cent played and everyone watching it from the PC world car park ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,963 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A yes the RSC i wonder will it be like when 50 cent played and everyone watching it from the PC world car park ?.
    They might have the back of the stage facing the cork road and the crowd would be on a covered pitch and in the stands bars and stuff in the car park area.

I think they should try and get Aiken/mcd on board and have a one day thing with a major act eg Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Mumford and sons etc with a few support bands.

Sorry to start this argument once again but Waterford people won't support something like that and big promoters know that. Sadly daytripper was full of comps last year. Look at Kilkenny they got Bruce Springsteen in 2013 for 2 nights and have rod Stewart dis year playing in nowlan park and they contributed a lot to tourism and hospitality in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Bob Dylan announced to play in St Herblain park, Kilcohan.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

They might have the back of the stage facing the cork road and the crowd would be on a covered pitch and in the stands bars and stuff in the car park area.

I think they should try and get Aiken/mcd on board and have a one day thing with a major act eg Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Mumford and sons etc with a few support bands.

Sorry to start this argument once again but Waterford people won't support something like that and big promoters know that. Sadly daytripper was full of comps last year. Look at Kilkenny they got Bruce Springsteen in 2013 for 2 nights and have rod Stewart dis year playing in nowlan park and they contributed a lot to tourism and hospitality in the city.

all good points alright and its fantastic to see this festival going from strength to strength. im sad to say ive never gone to it though as ive become extremely picky on what gigs i go to these days and i realise its still out of reach of many families but if you're into these kinna acts, please do support this festival. enjoy folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Boooourns

To take place in the rsc on the weekend of 1-3 July

Friday 1 july-tba

Sat 2 July- ocean colour scene, Neville staples band, stero mcs and smash hits

Sun 3 July- tba

Big possibility the Saturday will clash with a Waterford hurling match

Shuttle buses from the Quay and the cleaboy etc.. Hahahaha are you for real? No wonder gigs in the town struggle for a crowd.

Boooourns wrote: »
    Shuttle buses from the Quay and the cleaboy etc.. Hahahaha are you for real? No wonder gigs in the town struggle for a crowd.

What's wrong with that idea ??? It was only a suggestion to boost crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 14,059 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Of course that stuff should be looked at, special rates for car parks on the quay, bus people to the RSC, you hopefully encourage people to spend some time in the town itself spending money in the shops and restaurants also by having their transport in town. Locals would probably not need to avail of this obviously but why just plan local? Why not try to get people from surrounding counties and make it easier/more appealing to them to come and spend their time/money in our local economy

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It's a 15minute walk from town, 20 at the most! There's buses head out that way anyway.
    Why would the organisers put on the headache of shuttle buses that would more than likely make them a loss. They struggle for a profit as it is.

It's a 15minute walk from town, 20 at the most! There's buses head out that way anyway.
    Why would the organisers put on the headache of shuttle buses that would more than likely make them a loss. They struggle for a profit as it is.
    True if this sells badly cud mean bad things for the future but let's hope it's sells good even though the bands so far are weak enough

Why is there an emphasis on Ska/Reggie music for this festival. I'd prefer a metal/rock music day like thin Lizzy (who are back for an anniversary tour dis year) or even smokie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I'd say the Saturday will sell easily. Can see mod or scooter clubs from all over the country making their way here for Ocean Colour Scene and Neville Staples, both of whom are class live.

longshanks wrote: »
    I'd say the Saturday will sell easily. Can see mod or scooter clubs from all over the country making their way here for Ocean Colour Scene and Neville Staples, both of whom are class live.

Stereo MCs are a great live band as well, they're my pick for the day.

12717173_10153753239051609_2588857786809550975_n.jpg?oh=90c15dbd550adb060e7c95ba8d184a64&oe=57639C9A

this festival always has a similar lineup to daytripper so i expect to see The Blades and Aslan headlining the Friday and Sunday of daytripper.

Saw aslan before xmas in crystal and they were good, wud not be disappointed to see them play here again

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Would love to see Aslan in the RSC but not sure it would pull a big enough crowd.

Would really love to see The Academic added this year. They're going to be huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Would love to see Aslan in the RSC but not sure it would pull a big enough crowd.

Would really love to see The Academic added this year. They're going to be huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Aslan wouldn't have a hope of filling it as a headliner but if they were second or third on the bill then it would be a decent addition as most people would know some of their songs and wouldn't be a bad way to pass an hour. If it's back to being a three day I think they should split each day as a classics day as in what we have for the Saturday and then a pop day (not my cup of tea but would be for a lot) and then one of the days made up of whatever they can think up of or whoever is available and within budget.

The Friday line up will be announced in the morning. Not expecting a Bruce Springsteen or anyone like that. My money is on a once famous British band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Don't expect anything for the sane music fan this morning. It's being announced on beat so I have a feeling it will be along the same lines as the dirt that beat play. Something tells me that the announcement will be for the same target group of the station.......11-18 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

Leftfield. not for everyone I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

leduke wrote: »
    Leftfield. not for everyone I would imagine.

Thought it a brilliant line up myself.leftfield, king Kong etc

• Advertisement

Leffield

Who ???????

This festivals leaves out all us metal and rock fans. The marquee have slayer and anthrax playing the marquee in June

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

Max Powers wrote: »

still hope they get a great crowd, enjoy it if you're going max!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Leffield

Who ???????

This festivals leaves out all us metal and rock fans. The marquee have slayer and anthrax playing the marquee in June

go to the marquee then it's an hour down the road for christ's sake. Breaking news, local festival doesn't cater to niche music taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Leffield

Who ???????

ah you can forget about waterford and metal im afraid. it ll never happen. exodus next week, thank god.

Max Powers wrote: »

Yeah I agree, very surprised with Leftfield. That's a great lineup for that day if you're into dance music. It's more aimed at older crowd than drawing a very young one.
    Leftism was one of the great dance albums when released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭dzilla

This festivals leaves out all us metal and rock fans.

Good

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Yeah I agree, very surprised with Leftfield. That's a great lineup for that day if you're into dance music. It's more aimed at older crowd than drawing a very young one.

Deadly stuff. Thats great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It still is. I've seen them live, it was amazing.

Hope it goes well anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Leftfield,MR C and Mark Kavanagh theres going to be some heads down there throwing shapes :D

I seen leftfield at homelands back in the day and they are still excellent,this is a really great line up im surprised by it to be honest,but bring it on it should be a great night

Advertisement