Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Aquos76 wrote:
    Jesus, people give out when we don't have any events running in the city and then when they are put on people still give out, I give up, we are just a shower of whingers down here in Waterford, we just love to find faults in everything

Sssh, enda will be gloating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Leftfield were brilliant. The sound and venue were spot on as well, shame there wasn't a big crowd, hopefully they'll get one tonight.

Definitely one of the best gigs I've seen in Waterford, if I'd seen that set at Electric picnic it would have been one of the best on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

Where do you park coming from the dungarvan side? What time are ocs on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

There's plenty of places to park close to the venue. Superquin, lidl, aldi, woodies etc. are all nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

Was a very good gig. Lay out was great. Had never seen King Kong company before. Can honestly say I preferred them to leftfield they were amazing if that's the talent in Waterford you guys should be very proud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Have to say the drive from Athlone was worth it. King Kong and Leftfield were cracking. Athmosphere was electric and everyone on flying form. Best gig Ive been to in a long time! First day tripper but wont be the last. We will be bringing a bigger group next year :)

Hey ho, let's go!

Round 2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Jesus, people give out when we don't have any events running in the city and then when they are put on people still give out, I give up, we are just a shower of whingers down here in Waterford, we just love to find faults in everything :rolleyes:

Not everyone is into that type of if I can even call it music or whatever its going for say 6 to 11.30 for 3 nights thats 5.5 hrs for 3 nights which is 16.5 hours of thud thud thud which is taking the piss. I'm listening to the same sh*te again now :mad:

spookwoman wrote: »
    Not everyone is into that type of if I can even call it music or whatever its going for say 6 to 11.30 for 3 nights thats 5.5 hrs for 3 nights which is 16.5 hours of thud thud thud which is taking the piss. I'm listening to the same sh*te again now :mad:

You sound like you're great craic.
    Have a coke and a smile, and shut the **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I would love to be living next to places that where having gigs once in a up moon. Even if I wasn't going I would still be sitting outside lissioning to the music.

This is the downfall of Waterford. I lived there for 4 years for college just to many negative people down there who can't see the good side of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,046 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

up at home in mayors walk. can hear some of it in the distance but not much :(:(:(:(

before anyone says it money it tight and cant afford to go but would love too

wonder would they get a major act next year with a few support bands and just do a 1 day festival

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭silverbella

I'm out the dunmore road and can hear it really clearly, not a bad thing, can still get the babas to sleep and doesn't interfere with my Saturday night telly but could actually tell when mad ferret started :)
    Few people in lid ore park have said they can barely hear it, I might need to look at getting the Windows done!

I would love to be living next to places that where having gigs once in a up moon. Even if I wasn't going I would still be sitting outside lissioning to the music.

This is the downfall of Waterford. I lived there for 4 years for college just to many negative people down there who can't see the good side of things.

yea feck off, we dont want your kind round here:D

OCS 'The Day we caught the train' sounded quite good just there

heard it from the house. Got to love Acoustics and hearing music for free lol

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Also could here it no problem last night and tonight out on the Dunmore road area. Not complaining at all as it finished a reasonable time . I actually thought it was someone having a house party it was that clear of course completely depends on what way the sound Travels but was very clear here .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I attended last night, Friday.

Got in about 6:40.

Caught the last ten minutes of Mark Kavanagh whom I haven't seen perform in a while, the mans still got it! :)

Disconauts were pretty good too.

The republik lads had a solid few in their tent all day, Warren, Kenno and Will all played amazingly well. Fish go deep(Shane) wasnt too shabby either....

Bushwacka was pretty good, really got the crowd going.

Mr.C, I didn't know what to make of his set at all, the first 20 mins were terrible, it was as if he wasn't trying, but the last 25 he really got in to it, quite enjoyable then.

King Kong Company, been a fan for a while, and I'm sorry to say this was my first time seeing them live, and I dunno why I waited till now to see them, totally amazing, it would have to be a coin flip as to who were the act of the show for me, KKC or Leftfield....it's a tough call, I've never seen such support for a local act before in my life, the crowd were eating out of their hands, great to see.

Leftfield, wow wow wow, delighted I finally managed to catch a set of theirs, and right on my door step, their set was perfect, really wish they'd start playing 'open up' in their live sets tho.....nice to see a lot of the 'older' crowd out to see a band from their youth, it made for a really relaxed experience, I didn't see one single fight, let alone a bad word said in the venue for the entire evening.

Delighted I attended last night, can't wait till next year, hopefully the rest of the weekend going brilliantly and day tripper is back next year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I'm 4km away and tbh I shouldnt really be hearing anything. Thankfully tonight no where near as bad and only got a few blasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

Ocean Colour Scene we very good, crowd a bit messy. Fowler is after putting on weight

I'm 4km away and tbh I shouldnt really be hearing anything. Thankfully tonight no where near as bad and only got a few blasts.

Probably the strong wind carrying the sound. But do try to stop whinging as you'll get no sympathy, I have 2 young kids and I live pretty close, other people are having fun you know and it's only for a few nights and it won't be in the RSC next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Woe is me....

Your prob the person who would knock on your neighbors door is there dog was backing as you don't get your time to relax....

Look Waterford does not get many gigs at all just let people enjoy them sells for 3 days of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

Eeloe and danois I'm with you! Stiff competition between King Kong Company and Leftfield as to who was the better act. Im blown away by the standard of KKC.
    eeloe wrote: »
    I attended last night, Friday.

Got in about 6:40.

Caught the last ten minutes of Mark Kavanagh whom I haven't seen perform in a while, the mans still got it! :)

Disconauts were pretty good too.

The republik lads had a solid few in their tent all day, Warren, Kenno and Will all played amazingly well. Fish go deep(Shane) wasnt too shabby either....

Bushwacka was pretty good, really got the crowd going.

Mr.C, I didn't know what to make of his set at all, the first 20 mins were terrible, it was as if he wasn't trying, but the last 25 he really got in to it, quite enjoyable then.

King Kong Company, been a fan for a while, and I'm sorry to say this was my first time seeing them live, and I dunno why I waited till now to see them, totally amazing, it would have to be a coin flip as to who were the act of the show for me, KKC or Leftfield....it's a tough call, I've never seen such support for a local act before in my life, the crowd were eating out of their hands, great to see.

Leftfield, wow wow wow, delighted I finally managed to catch a set of theirs, and right on my door step, their set was perfect, really wish they'd start playing 'open up' in their live sets tho.....nice to see a lot of the 'older' crowd out to see a band from their youth, it made for a really relaxed experience, I didn't see one single fight, let alone a bad word said in the venue for the entire evening.

Delighted I attended last night, can't wait till next year, hopefully the rest of the weekend going brilliantly and day tripper is back next year!!!

PetraMac wrote: »
    Eeloe and danois I'm with you! Stiff competition between King Kong Company and Leftfield as to who was the better act. Im blown away by the standard of KKC.

Not doubting the talent of KKC and Leftfield but im not a fan of dance type music because of the image of Drugs and the people that follow that kind of music

I may sound like a party pooper but dance gigs/raves are not safe places too be and the acts are pro drug use but

EVERYONE TO THERE OWN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Not doubting the talent of KKC and Leftfield but im not a fan of dance type music because of the image of Drugs and the people that follow that kind of music

I may sound like a party pooper but dance gigs/raves are not safe places too be and the acts are pro drug use but

EVERYONE TO THERE OWN

:rolleyes:

EVERYONE TO THERE OWN

How do you know they're not safe places to be? Any experience in this?
    A sweeping generalisation you've done there. There wasn't a hint of trouble there Friday, you'd get more bother at an Artic Monkeys gig.

Boooourns wrote: »
    How do you know they're not safe places to be? Any experience in this?
    A sweeping generalisation you've done there. There wasn't a hint of trouble there Friday, you'd get more bother at an Artic Monkeys gig.

Personally experience with this types of gig goers, borrowing money, loothing around etc. . I probly painted everyone with the same brush. End of discussion

Aslan on spootify feature songs from another Aslan (who are a dance band and complete opposite to our aslan lol).

Personally experience with this types of gig goers, borrowing money, loothing around etc. . I probly painted everyone with the same brush. End of discussion

Aslan on spootify feature songs from another Aslan (who are a dance band and complete opposite to our aslan lol).

Ha loothing, sorry but that actually made me laugh out loud. Sounds like you picked a great night alright.

Ha loothing, sorry but that actually made me laugh out loud. Sounds like you picked a great night alright.

Oh and you do know Christy of Aslan loves his drugs as well and it's not dance music, mad that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Last night was excellent, ocean colour scene,Neville staple and stereo mc's brilliant.pity that tent with the djs was so far from rest of it and bar.Probably just due to shape of site and that.
    Anyway, really well run as usual, fair play to all involved, looking forward to it and being in waterside next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Probably the strong wind carrying the sound. But do try to stop whinging as you'll get no sympathy, I have 2 young kids and I live pretty close, other people are having fun you know and it's only for a few nights and it won't be in the RSC next year.

where is it going to be next year
    Would love it they had it on the newly refurbushed north quay ...that would be class

• Advertisement

Bowlardo wrote: »
    where is it going to be next year
    Would love it they had it on the newly refurbushed north quay ...that would be class

assume its back in bolton st?

Advertisement