Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Stheno wrote: »
    Indo is reporting David Byrne is the man who died

Yeah I just read that too. Seems to be the three of them tho and not a Kinahan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

'The headlining boxer, Jamie Kavanagh, is managed by a member of one of Ireland's most powerful crime families, the Kinahans. They are based in Marbella in Spain, but frequently attend boxing events here in Ireland.

Kavanagh's father and uncle were both shot dead in the recent past for allegedly double-crossing them. I always got the feeling that sooner or later something like this would happen at a boxing related event. Most likely a rival gang avenging a previous hit on one of their own.'
    From a comment on /r/boxing (great subreddit btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

It's amazing the Soap Opera culture of crime in this country. I wonder are other similar sized countries on a first name basis with all the major gangland figures. I've lived almost half my life between Dublin and London and can only think of the name of 1 active organised crime gang in London, who are coincidentally of Irish origin. We nearly know the names of the low level soldiers family pets in Dublin. It's weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

'The headlining boxer, Jamie Kavanagh, is managed by a member of one of Ireland's most powerful crime families, the Kinahans. They are based in Marbella in Spain, but frequently attend boxing events here in Ireland.

Kavanagh's father and uncle were both shot dead in the recent past for allegedly double-crossing them. I always got the feeling that sooner or later something like this would happen at a boxing related event. Most likely a rival gang avenging a previous hit on one of their own.'
    From a comment on /r/boxing (great subreddit btw)

He is managed by someone who's after killing both his father and uncle?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Aidric wrote: »
    I thought Sinn Fein, in its vigilante capacity, was protecting communities against this sort of violent outburst?

sinn fein have nothing to do with such activity. the activities are caried out by vermin using the ira name to get some legitimacy

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Tilly wrote: »
    They're saying Roe is dead and the Byrne brothers in hospital. That's just word on the street. No Kinahans shot.

Liam Rowe? David Byrne I heard. Rowe would have been with him and Liam Byrne. This is The Monk we are talking about, so whoever got killed was the one who it was decided would be killed. Different person, different message. I reckon David Byrne (not Liam Byrne), and a non-fatal to Dan Jr.

Despite all the histrionics in the tabloids of mayhem and kids screaming, this was without a shadow of a doubt the best planned hit that has happened here in a long, long time. Headshot to the lesser Byrne (or maybe Rowe), and a leg wound to Dan Jr. is my bet. Calculated, but not all out war. In its own way, it's an olive branch.

I've met him and have heard enough tales. He really is a clever fúcker. If he had been born in the leafy suburbs he would be the CEO of a Fortune 500. He made his money the hard way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

murpho999 wrote: »
    Shocking video.

This should put paid to the barstoolers who promote the idea of gangland figures taking each other out.
    This shows the collateral damage of possible innocent victims an traumatised bystanders.
    That poor kid and many others won't sleep well for a long time.

Lads remember, these are the people who end up with your money when you buy a coke or a baggie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

He is managed by someone who's after killing both his father and uncle?

Who knows?
    https://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/kinahan-cartel-broker-deal-with-associates-after-brothers-murder

These guys are slippery as hell. I wouldn't be surprised if Jamie felt he needed to stay in their ranks to avoid being topped himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Aidric wrote: »
    I thought Sinn Fein, in its vigilante capacity, was protecting communities against this sort of violent outburst?
    Aren't dead criminals a good thing?
    Berserker wrote: »
    Nah, I would guess that most of the guys might be "good republicans".

I thought it was the Garda job to protect us against this sort of incidents, but then you don't give a **** about that ,it's just another bizarre reason for a go against Sinn Fein , whatever your into I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

bajer101 wrote: »
    Liam Rowe? David Byrne I heard. Rowe would have been with him and Liam Byrne. This is The Monk we are talking about, so whoever got killed was the one who it was decided would be killed. Different person, different message. I reckon David Byrne (not Liam Byrne), and a non-fatal to Dan Jr.

Despite all the histrionics in the tabloids of mayhem and kids screaming, this was without a shadow of a doubt the best planned hit that has happened here in a long, long time. Headshot to the lesser Byrne (or maybe Rowe), and a leg wound to Dan Jr. is my bet. Calculated, but not all out war. In its own way, it's an olive branch.

I've met him and have heard enough tales. He really is a clever fúcker. If he had been born in the leafy suburbs he would be the CEO of a Fortune 500. He made his money the hard way.

Made his money the hard way FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Strumms wrote: »
    You might have a different opinion yourself if you happened to be an innocent bystander or employee or whatever in the hotel when all this was kicking off. All very well and good to say let them take each other out but when these turf wars or whatever break into very public gatherings like this with kids and everyone around.. question does have to asked.. what did the Guards know, where where they I am sure a presence of some sort would have put of this hit.

Many innocent people died as a result of the activities of these criminals and low-lives. I doubt too many care when they're killing each other though.
    The Garda can't obviously be everywhere just like they weren't there when wee Campbell the plumber was shot in some druggies house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

warpdrive wrote: »
    "and fired a number shots"

Aren't independent supposed to be one of the more respected news outlets in Ireland? Jesus, do we not aspire to have a good command of written English in this country anymore?

No Like the UK They are called the RAGDEPENDENT

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

since Alan Ryan got whacked are the IRA still involved in 'taxing' drug dealers?seems the perfect crime,taking money from crimanals and claiming to be anti drugs to joe soap.although didnt go well for Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

"best planned" sums it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Many innocent people died as a result of the activities of these criminals and low-lives. I doubt too many care when they're killing each other though.
    The Garda can't obviously be everywhere just like they weren't there when wee Campbell the plumber was shot in some druggies house.

The Campbell case was just so sad - wrong place at the wrong time. Terrible for his family.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Your post comes across in a really bad way, it's almost as if you admire those criminals who did this

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

Aineoil wrote: »
    The Campbell case was just so sad - wrong place at the wrong time. Terrible for his family.
    was that really the case?he was in one of the top druglords house,not the kind of guy who rings up random plumbers id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Aineoil wrote: »

I am not having a go at you but I hated that term being used for that young lad. He was out trying to learn a trade and make a living. It was the animals who killed him in cold blood who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was exactly where he should have been.

Tragic case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

was that really the case?he was in one of the top druglords house,not the kind of guy who rings up random plumbers id imagine

Don't. Just don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Hope I have taken you up wrong but I am not sure I like what you're implying

• Advertisement

Anthony Campbell (20), from Smithfield, central Dublin, was killed by a single bullet fired at close range from a semi-automatic handgun.
    An inquest into his death heard the young man had both arms raised above his head in a defensive posture when the bullet passed through his left arm before entering his head, killing him almost immediately.
    His distraught mother Christine, who sat through the chilling evidence at the Dublin County Coroner's Court yesterday, said afterwards: "I'm just devastated. I can't even put it into words."
    The apprentice plumber had the misfortune to be working in the house in Scribblestown Park in Finglas, Dublin, on the morning of December 12, 2006, when gunmen arrived to kill the notorious Martin 'Marlo' Hyland.
    Mr Campbell and his boss, plumber David Murphy, had been due to carry out a quick repair job on the house owned by Hyland's niece, Elaine, the previous night. However, they were too tired after a busy day's work and moved the job to the following morning.

Source http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tragic-anthony-made-final-bid-to-fend-off-ruthless-killer-26744767.html

Anthony Campbell (20), from Smithfield, central Dublin, was killed by a single bullet fired at close range from a semi-automatic handgun.
    An inquest into his death heard the young man had both arms raised above his head in a defensive posture when the bullet passed through his left arm before entering his head, killing him almost immediately.
    His distraught mother Christine, who sat through the chilling evidence at the Dublin County Coroner's Court yesterday, said afterwards: "I'm just devastated. I can't even put it into words."
    The apprentice plumber had the misfortune to be working in the house in Scribblestown Park in Finglas, Dublin, on the morning of December 12, 2006, when gunmen arrived to kill the notorious Martin 'Marlo' Hyland.
    Mr Campbell and his boss, plumber David Murphy, had been due to carry out a quick repair job on the house owned by Hyland's niece, Elaine, the previous night. However, they were too tired after a busy day's work and moved the job to the following morning.

Source http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tragic-anthony-made-final-bid-to-fend-off-ruthless-killer-26744767.html

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

It was not his house, You need to get your facts right before posting such crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

and dickhead of the day goes to.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭trashcan

Ally Dick wrote: »
    That's the end of Talking Heads so

Beat me to it, damn you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

smash wrote: »
    One of them did 2 documentaries on Kinnehan and the lifestyle he leads in the costa del sol and other countries. They went to various properties he owns that have been repossessed, they showed all the bars and businesses he's involved in and they did profiles on all his known associates. They even went to the prison he was in until recently in the Netherlands (I think).

They finished off detailing his business plans for the future to build luxury resorts in places like Brazil.

do you know the name of the documenteries?? id love to see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I think the original was part of the Costa deal crime series, the second one was only aired a few weeks ago as a follow up and it focuses solely on Kinahan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭PressRun

Paul Williams?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

PressRun wrote: »
    Paul Williams?

Nah Gerry hutch aka "the monk"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Irelands Costa Criminals, it was on TV3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement