Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Liam Roe not Kinahan I'm hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

price690 wrote: »
    They should give Matthew Macklin a shout and ask what he thinks of it all. A boxer with a good education behind him aswell you'd imagine he wouldn't have wanted to be associated with that shower.

Has he ever spoken about the time his trainer Jamie Moore got shot in a case of mistaken identity? I'd imagine he is told to keep his mouth shut.

The Boxing body in Ireland now should show a strong hand and ban this MGM crowd from running any shows in this country and the entire boxing world should follow suit and refuse to sanction shows they run anywhere.

The fighters need to show some brain cells aswell and not go near that outfit. Some of them are probably so far in over their heads though

I thought there would have been some law prohibiting convicted criminals from being involved in the promotion of the sport.

It's how the various governing bodies went about getting the mob out of the sport in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

This is a big one indeed. Instead of sending one hitman they sent three. I can see a nasty gangland war from this.

A man has died and another two are seriously injured after three men dressed as members of the Garda ERU burst into a Dublin hotel armed with what is believed to be AK47s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Macklin should f**k off associating with this filth. He knows well what the craic is. Let them wipe one another out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Someone here could post a link to a story about a flesh-eating virus rapidly spreading across Dublin, and the comments would still be about the quality of journalism in the piece, even though it's absolutely fine.

I've written lots and lots of news stories and omitting words such as 'of' and 'it' are par for the course sometimes. You could read the final piece 10 times and still miss it. They're especially excusable in a story like this, which has to be written at speed and updated every time a new bit of information comes to light.

It's also Friday so don't be surprised if the journalist here is dreaming about the weekend. You do the same in your job.

It doesn't matter how perilous the situation, there's no call for shoddy journalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

On TV3 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

my friend wrote: »
    +1

All the sports hacks ignore this too

Now, my theory as to why Katie Taylor pulled out of the Limerick fight has been granted weight

The media have such disrespect for pro boxing that its probably seen as a hazard of the business that comes with the territory.

Lets face it, im a boxing fan myself but pro boxing is an absolute joke in reality and has very little credibility outside of the so called "superfights".

You can only hope our own promising amateur boxers don't turn pro after Rio and get drawn to the likes of MGM.

I know Michael Conlan's brother was supposed to be fighting on that card tomorrow night and would have been more than likely present at that weight in.

Jamie Kavanagh was topping the bill (his dad and uncle were both executed in drug related feuds in the last couple of years) in a WBO european lightweight title fight whatever the hell that is, theres your problem with boxing. The title probably wasn't even in existence before this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I can't see them using AK-47's. I'd say they used sub-machine guns. Witnesses don't understand the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

osarusan wrote: »
    Should be 'a number of shots'.

Jesus, I didn't even notice that that was missing and assumed that it did indeed say "number of shots".

Amazing how you can think you've read missing words when your brain just inserts them where it knows they should be :D

M

TV3 have footage of it happening, no sound or shots visible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Macklin should f**k off associating with this filth. He knows well what the craic is. Let them wipe one another out.

is that right though?just let lawlessness reign free?as has happened in the past innocents get caught up in this **** eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Ya, you'd think that the witnesses would have the decency to properly identify the automatic weapons that were being brandished!! :D
    I can't see them using AK-47's. I'd say they used sub-machine guns. Witnesses don't understand the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

FalconGirl wrote: »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/dublin-boxing-shooting-watch-horror-7317401

Is Macklin still involved with them? Lets not forget Frank Warren also.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

I'd say Terence "big balls" has to be involved

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

jesus that kid saying 'daddy help me' is chilling.these guys dont give a ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

'Wha da fug ees goin on?'

The Superman undies are now brown

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

jesus that kid saying 'daddy help me' is chilling.these guys dont give a ****.

Jesus that was tough to watch/hear. Poor poor child. I hope he won't have too many nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

derra_121 wrote: »
    I heard the shooter was dressed as a woman..

That was Frank Maloney. He's the promoter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

It doesn't matter how perilous the situation, there's no call for shoddy journalism.

Nothing shoddy about it. The information was given, and it was given in order of importance. Nothing else really matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Nice to know that this incident, which could have easily killed innocent people, including children, is so funny to boards.

Is there an even skangier boards where this might currently being discussed?
    And don't say Fakebuke

Davei141 wrote: »
    Nice to know that this incident, which could have easily killed innocent people, including children, is so funny to boards.

Nothing innocent about many connections at this afternoons event and anyone that can claim otherwise is very very naive

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

Nothing innocent about many connections at this afternoons event and anyone that can claim otherwise is very very naive

That doesn't mean that all the people there are hardened criminals who deserve to be shot.

hotshots85 wrote: »
    That doesn't mean that all the people there are hardened criminals who deserve to be shot.

They aren't And they weren't but they know of the company they keep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

That's my evenings entertainment for tomorrow night scuppered :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

It was a boxing weigh-in at a hotel. That means boxers, trainers, promoters, hotel staff, hotel guests, kids, general public and then the aforementioned criminals would have been present. I'm sure they were all criminals though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    That's my evenings entertainment for tomorrow night scuppered :mad:

You could watch Artem 'The Russian Hammer' Lobov on UFC FightPass LOL, should be a guaranteed KO in that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

warpdrive wrote: »
    No wonder we have so many rags in Ireland when people like this accept and condone the mediocrity.

I can just picture someone in the office typing as quickly as possible to get the 'article' published, desperately trying to be ahead of the pack, attempting to get those early Friday pints in.

Probably more like this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement