Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭ofcork

Wonder why someone would debadge an M5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

ofcork wrote: »
    Wonder why someone would debadge an M5.

An M5 by it's nature and heritage was the original wolf in sheep's clothing. A 520d replica'd up as an M5 won't impress people who don't know what an M5 is and won't fool the one's who will know what an M5 is. Likewise a debadged M5 will be easily recognised by the people who know what it is but people who don't know won't have cared and there is surely a certain level of smugness to be derived from sitting beside someone at the lights and leaving them in a cloud of dust and them none the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Think they're all auto these days.

Think there was a few manual F10 M5s sold in the USA but nearly all are DCT, certainly here they are....

Seen a black Merc estate with 181-D-000 on the reg on the M50. Are they some sort of special government reg or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Seen a black Merc estate with 181-D-000 on the reg on the M50. Are they some sort of special government reg or something?

Garage plate, for reg upon sale & VRT most likely. Lots at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Test drive most likely or they are just driving around illegally.

An M5 by it's nature and heritage was the original wolf in sheep's clothing. A 520d replica'd up as an M5 won't impress people who don't know what an M5 is and won't fool the one's who will know what an M5 is. Likewise a debadged M5 will be easily recognised by the people who know what it is but people who don't know won't have cared and there is surely a certain level of smugness to be derived from sitting beside someone at the lights and leaving them in a cloud of dust and them none the wiser.

Very understated compared to the previous model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

there is surely a certain level of smugness to be derived from sitting beside someone at the lights and leaving them in a cloud of dust and them none the wiser.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

Good times before Covid-19. Sorting out mobile phone photos.

February. Chur. Switzerland

KhLGlNP.jpg
    kpuERzx.jpg

2x RSR5-R ABT 530HP :)

6sWIxwt.jpg
    dEfW7Z3.jpg
    s0WUUFh.jpg
    tOLjp2h.jpg
    5TgVExv.jpg

February Sankt Moritz. Switzerland

eZNcgdv.jpg

My personal favourite: Porsche GT3 Touring - Manual

itKcs8P.jpg
    cgSOwo2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

Sorting out mobile phone photos part 3

January. Hong Kong

v6va8tn.jpg
    qmOhFxK.jpg
    JCCu1Og.jpg
    FDSKxUc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

A 520d replica'd up as an M5 won't impress people who don't know what an M5 is

There’s a 2010 520d badged up as a M5 in Waterford (even has the quad exhaust). Every time I see it I shake my head and ask why would you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

AMGer wrote: »
    There’s a 2010 520d badged up as a M5 in Waterford (even has the quad exhaust). Every time I see it I shake my head and ask why would you do that?

Saw one on an FB page I follow, black with a KY reg. Looked like a total tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The amount of money alone to tart up a 520d is almost heartbreaking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Did BMW offer a quad exhaust option on the 520D? I'm seeing quite a few 520D's with quad pipes and not all been driven by mouth breathers.

There is an 08 white one i see alot as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This beauty of a towbar

E21-CAF72-FAB2-48-A2-BA72-488188-BBDC7-B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭lassykk

Is that the white one with yellow plates (despite being Irish registered)? See one the whole time. Never did the reg check but I assumed it was a 520d as it doesn't look quite right

tossy wrote: »
    Did BMW offer a quad exhaust option on the 520D? I'm seeing quite a few 520D's with quad pipes and not all been driven by mouth breathers.

Quad exhausts are M car specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Quad exhausts are M car specific.

A quick google shows a quad back box kit for e60 for €208. Nasty thing, but available.

A quick google shows a quad back box kit for e60 for €208. Nasty thing, but available.

From BMW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

From BMW?

I seriously doubt BMW do an OEM quad exhaust for a 520d

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I seriously doubt BMW do an OEM quad exhaust for a 520d

Ooh how glamorous, double the tractor farts!

lassykk wrote: »
    Is that the white one with yellow plates (despite being Irish registered)? See one the whole time. Never did the reg check but I assumed it was a 520d as it doesn't look quite right

White alright, not sure about the ref. Usually parked outside De La Salle on the Newtown side.

I see this in the same place every Saturday morning. Can’t be too many of these around.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

I see this in the same place every Saturday morning. Can’t be too many of these around.

575PS, some weapon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Crew cab tax too, €333 instead of €2350, thought that was done away with, a 550bhp petrol crew cab, I've seen it all now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Seen these this morning:

522452.jpeg

I liked this one
    522453.jpeg
    522454.jpeg

522455.jpeg

522456.jpeg

Probably my Favourite of the above
    522457.jpeg
    522458.jpeg

Accidentally posted these in the classic thread, here's hoping that post wont deleted of the above pics will probably disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Riga today.

IMG-20200809-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20200809-005226.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Dmj94LX.jpg

FbLjaeT.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

06 looks like a 90's yoke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement