Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Great pics, some nice cars hiding in garages that only come out a few times a year

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Love those e types v12 iirc.
    Straight six in that era ones I. The V12 came later and IMH the E-Type lost much of their charm. They got bloated and you could watch the petrol gauge drop in real time. :) The very first ones look the best I reckon, but have headlights so crap a torch between your teeth while driving would be better and the flat floors meant you sat on rather than in them. The second series like that one above are the nicest all rounders. Gorgeous car. First car I ever drove would you credit. My uncle had one. I was around 13. When I say drove I was behind the wheel in the middle of nowhere driving down a pretty straight road with the uncle making the odd steering adjustment from the passenger seat. Very distinctive smell it had and not just from me soiling myself. :D I'd love a lightweight replica. Rocketship.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

@ Marcinek - you take great pics, we all know that. And you go to great lengths to take pics of exceptional cars be it street car spotting, shows in Ireland or further afield.

Question for you though, why the heck don't you carry a spare battery? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Big Nasty wrote: »
    @ Marcinek - you take great pics, we all know that. And you go to great lengths to take pics of exceptional cars be it street car spotting, shows in Ireland or further afield.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Question for you though, why the heck don't you carry a spare battery? eek.png

I always have two batteries with me but this time was a eeem... different. Last saturday two of them were charged and I used one to take photos in Monaco on Saturday but didn't charge it during the night and I was using other one on Sunday in Monaco. The one from Saturday had 2% left, the one from Sunday had 21% left and I just forgot to charge them when I came home. Saw it this morning and it was too late to get at least one of them in 100%. They both fully charged now and ready for Gumball 3000. Trying to buy third battery anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

They are expensive to! I think my Nikon one was 70 quid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Saw the Type R again

Type_R001.jpg
    Type_R002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭beer enigma

12 MH plate....

untitled_zpsrbqzhy3z.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

I wonder how many people would refuse that car just because it's not a D-reg :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Andip wrote: »
    12 MH plate....

[IMG][/img]

Knew I seen that somewhere before...

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/711653421842108416

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Fur coat......and no knickers :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

I got an MH reg car now, is that something wrong ?? I had D reg twice and didn't like the reg, Then W and I like it but MH are not the best... But car is great s far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

I got an MH reg car now, is that something wrong ?? I had D reg twice and didn't like the reg, Then W and I like it but MH are not the best... But car is great s far :)

Apparently buyers care more about the reg plate letter than the service history :pac:

I'm driving a Mayo reg car in Dublin :D

shietpilot wrote: »
    Apparently buyers care more about the reg plate letter than the service history

So do dealers. There are a few plates that dealers wont even want on their forecourts, DL being one of them. It has a lot to do with wear and tear on the cars because of the condition of country roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

shietpilot wrote: »
    I wonder how many people would refuse that car just because it's not a D-reg :pac::pac::pac:

Would have mattered a few years ago before the VRT rebate scheme was introduced but now when the owner decides to sell his car it will almost certainly be exported back to the UK and the MH plate will be replaced with a new UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

Celbridge

IMG_8332_zps5v8e52vh.jpg IMG_8331_zpsvyg9spda.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Jaysus, talk about abandoned! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Greg81 wrote: »
    Celbridge

Ran out of juice??!!;);)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Jaysus, talk about abandoned! :eek:

Out of electricity :D

Greg81 wrote: »
    Celbridge

It's just so boring looking...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Reminds me of a Jag XF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Reminds me of a Jag XF

WhatIfWednesday-Jaguar-XFR-vs.-Maserati-Quattroporte-GTS-THUMBNAIL-1.jpg

Put a 1.6tdi in it and there would be a mass of people spontaneously soil themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Reminds me of a Jag XF

I've always taught they were a complete ripoff of the XF design wise

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

shietpilot wrote:
    I'm driving a Mayo reg car in Dublin

I'm driving a RN car in Roscommon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

What exhaust tips does that 458 have? Armytrix possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

A brand new i8 just passed through the local town!

Didn't get a pic. unfortunately.

saw the reg., 161c1818

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

Dublin today.

IMG_8606_zpsogtqo9ax.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Motorcheck neither confirms nor denies. I'm no BMW enthusiast, but I suspect it's not.

IMG_20160426_183002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I was at Breffni Vintage Club's opening run for this year last Sunday. Some of the photos I took are below and there are some more on the BVC website.

XtpWMAx.jpg

DYVptom.jpg

NbtHbCP.jpg

37Wh72E.jpg

LFputIj.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That 504 is gorgeous

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement