Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ION08 wrote: »
    Great photo's and all but to play the devil's advocate here, I think this thread should be reserved for cars spotted in Ireland.

Yea, because recent pics such as a Prius and a diesel Audi are real fcuking head turners... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I think we are lucky that Marcinek takes the time to share these photos that he takes. They are super quality, never mind the subject of the photo. I get what you are saying about Google images but he is contributing to the thread, not making it any worse. I'm all for it.

No disrespect to Marcinek, I agree that his photos are excellent but my point isnt about the quality of photo or photography skills.

I enjoy seeing pictures of rare, exotic metal on irish roads.

I mean ive been to swtizerlamd a few tines and to many Geneva shows but I dont feel coming here and flooding the pages with high res images of cars ive seen over there is applicable to the ethos of this thread (well my interpretation of it anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Spotted this 335i a while ago, there was a c5 audi allroad quattro 4.2L V8 a few rows over too, didn't get a picture of that.
    383680.jpg

I enjoy seeing pictures of rare, exotic metal on irish roads.

As does everyone but then you have a thread containing a few rare gems and a bunch of reposts of the same exotica over and over again. Just look at any gumball thread. 2/3 rare gems and then a whole pile of cars you can see on carzone any day of the week. Ireland does not have the exotica that other destinations have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Great photo's and all but to play the devil's advocate here, I think this thread should be reserved for cars spotted in Ireland.

Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest :o

Nope - not for me. If a person is on holidays, they see a car and take a picture, so be it.
    Restricting it to Ireland is a guaranteed way to kill off a thread. There simply isn't enough people around the cars worthy of a pic and willing to take the time to upload to this page, in Ireland alone.

Leave it be please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

In fairness though, the thread title is "Here's what I saw today - Mark 3 (Please read the rules before posting), not "Here's what I saw in Ireland today Mark 3 (Please read the rules before posting)" :P

smash wrote: »
    Yea, because recent pics such as a Prius and a diesel Audi are real fcuking head turners... :rolleyes:

Yeah thats the other end of the spectrum. I try to post nice, rare cars that I spot day to day in Ireland.

M4's, M5 touring, RS6's, 458's , R8's, MP412C ..and i prefer posting ones ones that are driving and preferaby irish registered.

But hey its a public forum and I guess people can post Anything "they have seen today" Be it a Prius in Ireland or a Bugatti in Monaco through a shop window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Yeah thats the other end of the spectrum. I try to post nice, rare cars that I spot day to day in Ireland.

M4's, M5 touring, RS6's, 458's , R8's, MP412C ..and i prefer posting ones ones that are driving and preferaby irish registered.

But hey its a public forum and I guess people can post Anything "they have seen today" Be it a Prius in Ireland or a Bugatti in Monaco through a shop window.

You can personally block M55's posts if you like... The rest of us like them...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Can't see why we would decide to have a post what you saw only in Ireland thread. Yes there are exotic cars here as well, but most of the bloody things are little 1.2 tdis.
    Marcinek takes unfcukinreal photos and love seeing them and think this thread would take a huge step back if we told him don't show us those things anymore.
    If you prefer to see just home based pics then I'd suggest you open your own thread and go around Ireland looking for them.
    Petitioned to have the dashcam thread to include chat and it's starting to go to **** again, change the rules for this thread and you will see the posts drop off.

It seems I touched a nerve with a lot of people.

It's not like I'm rallying the troops to have Marcinek banned or anything.

As I said, I think he takes fantastic pictures just not pics that I necessarily believe fit in with spirit of this thread (again this is my personal opinion)

If you don't share my opinion, I am glad you all enjoy his pics.

Anyway, I will continue to post the same type of pics I have been posting and that are inline with the type of pics I enjoy seeing - simple :)

Good day to you all! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Eh once again I see discussion about my photos from outside Ireland and I'd like to explain it a bit.

When I start posting my photos on boards back in 2009 I only post photos from Ireland. I was 19/20 years old and even when I was working I still had time to go city centre for car spotting once or twice a week. Those days were much better than days now because there was much more rare/exotic cars in city centre parked on public carparks. I was doing that for long time but I found that there was less and less nice cars to photography and one day I gave up going for that kind of spotting. Last time when I was in city centre for car spotting was in october 2014 and all I saw was Maserati Ghibli... in 2014 I was doing Dublin car spotting only twice, in 2015 not even once. The reason for that are simple, I have no time, I have no interest walking around Dublin city centre for few hours to spot Audi R8 or nothing.

As all of you know I have posted 1000s of photos of cars from irish roads since 2009 but last few years it's more photos from events as it's much easier to go there to see some cars. I will still post photos here from my abroad trips (btw many of them this year) because I like feedback I got in here and there will always be someone who's not happy with this. This time it's ION08 and with all respect to you, you post 7 photos here over last year... M4, some classic Porsche and Honda Civic R which I saw too and will post photos at the end of that post.

I'm getting private messeges of some of you asking me for tips how to take photos, asking me about events around Ireland and Europe and I always try to answer on all of them.

But now without showing off I saw most of irish supercars and it's really not fun to take a photos of the same cars in the same location every week, even if that be my favorite car Koenigsegg One:1.

I am still posting photos from Ireland but most if not all of them are from events/shows and I won't stop doing it. Next photos be from American Car Show or/and Modified Live at Mondello, then Gumball 3000 (all of those be from Ireland) and then some other events from outside Ireland in May and they be really, really good events with some classics, concept, super and hypercars.

And ION08 said something about my photo of Bugatti Chiron in the showroom. I'm against posting photos from showrooms cse last few years I don't like taking them but this was just an art "no photography" photo with some awesome hypercar inside. I don't know you but feel like you attack me by saying that so I've to protect myself somehow.

And now to shut some ppl up (don't get it wrong) :):) A photos from last Cars & Coffee. I wasn't good form after crashing my car and didn't take many of them but here's 5 of them. They all on Irish road carpark and hope noone will moaning about posting photos from events cse "everyone can go shows..." etc
    ODihc6B.jpg
    ZBPrX44.jpg
    SS8dY1d.jpg
    69tnzA5.jpg
    bxxbv4e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭goochy

Marcinek , its a pity your drivings not as good as your photo. skills - LOL

Mod note, you win a holiday

goochy wrote: »
    Marcinek , its a pity your drivings not as good as your photo. skills - LOL

Not sure making fun of him crashing his car is in any way funny.
    Bit of cop on needed here in this thread now.
    Marcinek: completely off topic but may I ask what you do for a living? You've got a brilliant lifestyle from the looks of it with the trips wherever you want and nice powerful cars in your ownership.

bear1 wrote: »
    Not sure making fun of him crashing his car is in any way funny.
    Bit of cop on needed here in this thread now.
    Marcinek: completely off topic but may I ask what you do for a living? You've got a brilliant lifestyle from the looks of it with the trips wherever you want and nice powerful cars in your ownership.

Noone believe it but I only work in Aldi :) Not even a manager there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

Hope you like those photos and am i first who spot Bugatti Chiron or any other of those cars on boards ??

Nice shots.

And about Bugatti Chiron.....

Geneva March

DSC_0200_zpsmvk6x3xp.jpg DSC_0195_zpshjsbk4lj.jpg DSC_0181_zps7dweqpzm.jpg DSC_0174_zpsgem1qcht.jpg

Keep up the good work.

Noone believe it but I only work in Aldi :) Not even a manager there :)

Must send my cv there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

@marcinek is that an aston martin vanquish with that vengeance badge on the back.

ofcork wrote: »
    @marcinek is that an aston martin vanquish with that vengeance badge on the back.

It's an Aston Martin DB9 Vengeance by Kahn
    Aston Martin CoachBuilt in England as Vengeance by A Kahn'
    Code Name: WB12 (Wide Body)
    Designer: A Kahn
    Material: Aluminium
    Vengeance Coupe
    600 BHP
    5 only

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Once again Marcin, you amaze and depress us in equal amounts.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Once again Marcin, you amaze and depress us in equal amounts.

How am I depress yous :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

One of the consultants at work got some new wheels. Not keen on the colour to be honest

chocksaway wrote: »
    One of the consultants at work got some new wheels. Not keen on the colour to be honest

Lovely car but I agree regarding the colour scheme. The chrome window surrounds also wouldn't be to my taste.

Makes the car look too Elegant, almost aston martine-esque.

A more aggressive scheme would suit it better. Dark grey with no chrome and black wheels :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Photos certainly dont do this car any justice!

2016 Audi A3 RS3

IMG_4502_zpstqcpc3ry.jpg

IMG_4503_zpsslpdefnk.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Photos certainly dont do this car any justice!

2016 Audi A3 RS3

I'll see your RS3 and raise you an RS4...
    383732.jpg

That's no ordinary rs4... That's the Donegal edition rs4!! Mint lad.

kbannon wrote: »
    I'll see your RS3 and raise you an RS4...

100% original and unabused example!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

My mum was over in Monte Carlo at the weekend and took a pic of the vengeance and I couldnt for the life of me figure out what it was! She also saw a maserati mc12, which she thought was "nothing special" LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭sk8board

This might've been posted already over the past few months:
    Ballsbridge this am:
    1E8C5885-E827-4E6B-9225-29F3C1001842_zpsugxi44zt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Gutted I'm going to miss the Gumball!!!! Didn't have it in my calendar and going to be in Holland that week :mad: Marcinek

To those of you who upload mobile pics, do you use any particular apps? I've a few pics I could uploaded but they need to be resized. I can do it on the pc but thats way to much hassle and reserved only for camera pics :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Its not badged, but I'm guessing at a mid 70's Peugeot 504 convertible ?

untitled_zps38vtty2p.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement