Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Love the sign-writing on the Minor van :)

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Love the sign-writing on the Minor van :)

I came across it earlier this month as well. Pretty mad little van. :D

26059359884_370bd5916e_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Alpina look like they buy the letters for their badges in Halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Motorcheck neither confirms nor denies. I'm no BMW enthusiast, but I suspect it's not.

Yep, real deal, I know the owner, was that around Ballincollig direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

A little bit off topic.

Gumball 3000 this weekend and according to Josh Cartu (guy who is taking part in a race) Facebook post his team arrive Dublin today. They are staying in The Marker Hotel so if anyone would like to see Ferrari f12 tdf, RR, Ferrari 458gtb, mclaren 650 you know where to find them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Alpina look like they buy the letters for their badges in Halfords.

De-badge fo sho if I had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

De-badge fo sho if I had it.
    Yea, I think the round Alpina badge in the middle is enough to differentiate it from a "normal" BMW. Not big on the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

Motorcheck neither confirms nor denies. I'm no BMW enthusiast, but I suspect it's not.

Cartell do (confirm) ;)

4.6Ltr Alpina - €1810 yr tax rate. Jasus.

EDIT: Missed h3000's post :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Looked savage in the flesh!!

384421.JPG

384422.JPG

384423.JPG

384424.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Greg81 wrote: »
    A little bit off topic.

Gumball 3000 this weekend and according to Josh Cartu (guy who is taking part in a race) Facebook post his team arrive Dublin today. They are staying in The Marker Hotel so if anyone would like to see Ferrari f12 tdf, RR, Ferrari 458gtb, mclaren 650 you know where to find them.

Are they still all meeting at the 3Arena on Saturday? Im in Dublin that day so I may call by if they are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Are they still all meeting at the 3Arena on Saturday? Im in Dublin that day so I may call by if they are!

think it's Merrion Sq. this year, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

OSI wrote: »
    It is Merrion Sq yeah.
    Wonder if the Gardai will be waiting around the corner to take cars without tax or NCT again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

AMGer wrote: »
    think it's Merrion Sq. this year, no?
    smash wrote: »
    Wonder if the Gardai will be waiting around the corner to take cars without tax or NCT again?

Looks like you guys talking about Cannonball not Gumball 3000... This year ?? IT's first time ever if I know when Gumball starts in Dublin and yes they start from Merrion Square :)

Garda can do nothing to all those cars as there will probably be none irish cars so none of them need road tax or nct while visiting Ireland for 1/2 days.

See yous there on Saturday and Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Where would be a good spot to see them between Dublin and Belfast? I assume pulled in at the north side of the toll booth on the motorway would be a good spot, but you can't pull in on a motorway. I'v more interest in seeing them blasting down the road than parked up in Dublin. Cheers

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Was wondering why the 458 has 3 exhaust tips...
    On the 458, at low speeds, only the centre pipe(s) is used, the outer 2 are connected to the bypass valve.

The racing version has no need to meet noise regulations and so does away with the device completely, which is why it only has 2 pipes, as seen here:

tumblr_m9h4f4NOQ61rug9xb.jpg

http://coversure.tumblr.com/post/30390101159/why-does-the-ferrari-458-italia-have-3-exhaust

Today I learned

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Where would be a good spot to see them between Dublin and Belfast? I assume pulled in at the north side of the toll booth on the motorway would be a good spot, but you can't pull in on a motorway. I'v more interest in seeing them blasting down the road than parked up in Dublin. Cheers

I reckon here would be a good spot - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir//53.5329599,-6.2084204/@53.5326884,-6.2085199,192m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Bridge over the M1 but not on a major route so shouldn't be in the way if you stop on the bridge to have a look. Think I've only ever seen one car on the bridge and I travel that stretch everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Not sure if they've been many pics of these posted yet. Sorry if so

L7h2Q6o.jpg?1

fx6GXlo.jpg?1

aPZDA89.jpg?1

IeqAofF.jpg?1

At Cavanaghs in Charleville.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

nd wrote: »
    IeqAofF.jpg?1

At Cavanaghs in Charleville.

Wouldn't it be awful for them to lose it in the wet on the first day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

I know posts without pics are annoying but there is an a rally livery'd quattro in Audi Cork at the moment which looks pretty awesome!

Also saw a G63 AMG in matte black in work for the second time today, will try get a pic if it comes back!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Isn't that the mustang that's on done deal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

kbannon wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be awful for them to lose it in the wet on the first day!

Be only doing 60kph anyway on that road. 3 mile convoy behind yaris. I'd be more worried about losing it in a hole in buttevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Be only doing 60kph anyway on that road. 3 mile convoy behind yaris. I'd be more worried about losing it in a hole in buttevant.

If the vids and pics from US cars and coffee meets are anything to go by, you could lose it at any speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

First car in Dublin for Gubmall 3000.

Mercedes-Benz G 500 4X4²

DSC_0004_zpsem4nav1t.jpg DSC_0006_zpshh6qardn.jpg DSC_9943_zpsaz4g0a2t.jpg DSC_0007_zpswf59witq.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Autosport wrote: »
    Isn't that the mustang that's on done deal?

no, it's a different one

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-mustang-fastback-2-3-ecoboost-320ps/11743005

I want one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

5E261773-E791-4567-82CE-BBF675AB1AC9_zps8selwbdu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

*snip*

Relevant username :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

nd wrote: »
    Not sure if they've been many pics of these posted yet. Sorry if so

L7h2Q6o.jpg?1

Someone in Michael Murphy's in Newbridge has one exactly the same as this. Keeps it parked behind hoarding at the back of the building. You'll see it if you look down the alleyway when going into the main enterance of Whitewater. Looks savage in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Wonder when they got the rest of them there. Red convertible turned up at lunchtime on Monday.

The V8 is rather nice to drive and handles the track very well. Great noise out of it under full load :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

not the best pic, but first I've seen, I had to google the model type - its the Jaguar F-Pace (in Leopardstown this morning)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I'm not a fan of the red or yellow in the Mustang but the grey looks awesome. There's one of those in my town.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement