Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Gertrude - January 29th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm in Drogheda and it's the first time I've heard roof tiles move with strong gusts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Civil Joe

Larbre34 wrote: »
    What are the chances of flight delays out of Dublin by 1630? Turboprop job...

You're likely going to be cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Jesus. Didn't sleep a wink last night with the wind.

Sallins Co kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Gust of 94.6kph at 04:26 , still gusting over 80kph , that pretty rare around here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Supercell wrote: »
    Gust of 94.6kph at 04:26 , still gusting over 80kph , that pretty rare around here.

You still up near the docks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Civil Joe wrote: »
    You're likely going to be cancelled

Really? Why?

You probably will be fine, the wind will be an almost direct headwind and will be light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Gust of 70 knots, close to 130 kmh is impressive albeit at Malin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

You still up near the docks?

Nope, in Loughlinstown which is usually quite sheltered from SW to W gales.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's not bad at all in Cork, it's blustery but not damaging gusts or anything....and I wasn't woken by any wind or rain last night.....that's not to say it didn't happen obviously lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Thank fook it's Friday. I didn't sleep much with the wind last night. I'm in Dublin 15.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Max gust of just 60km/h here. Bit surprised it's so low but we were always only on the outskirts of this.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

SHETLAND, Gertrude is now being reported as status 3 Red.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Lots of live streaming cameras on this link for Lerwick in the Shetland Islands including the Airport, its wild there now ok. the cameras in the Harbour and the Airport keep turning to different locations.

http://www.shetland.org/60n/webcams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Lots of live streaming cameras on this link for Lerwick in the Shetland Islands including the Airport, its wild there now ok. the cameras in the Harbour and the Airport keep turning to different locations.

http://www.shetland.org/60n/webcams

Cliff Cam 1 is the ticket, even has audio! http://www.shetland.org/60n/webcams/cliff-cam

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Windy overnight in east Galway
    Nice bright day now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

km79 wrote: »
    Windy overnight in east Galway
    Nice bright day now

Ditto in Arklow
    Nothing untoward

Winter on the models is postponed again too I see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

MJohnston wrote: »
    Cliff Cam 1 is the ticket, even has audio! http://www.shetland.org/60n/webcams/cliff-cam

Those really are impressive cams. Not sure if i am more impressed with the power of the weather or that the cams seem to be surviving it. Built to last around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭simone79

What storm north Kildare lovely mild say here say a storm I seen no sign of any storm

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

simone79 wrote: »
    What storm north Kildare lovely mild say here say a storm I seen no sign of any storm

The main body of the storm has passed over us at this stage ...... It is now over the north of the U.K. ....... Very windy night here last night anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

In terms of gusts here, it was a non event.
    It would rank as the 4th windiest day of the week for gusts.
    On Tuesday had winds with mean speeds of just under 50km/hr gusting close to 80km/hr. For Gertrude 33km/hr mean speeds with highest gust of 61km/hr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

On Tuesday had winds with mean speeds of just under 50km/hr gusting close to 80km/hr. For Gertrude 33km/hr mean speeds with highest gust of 61km/hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

RobertKK wrote: »

Yeah i would agree with this, Tuesday night with the rain was definitely worse then last night for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Max gust of just 60km/h here. Bit surprised it's so low but we were always only on the outskirts of this.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

Sometimes I wonder if we in the Deise are on a different planet to Met E, again as you say nothing more than a few gusty moments that were standard winter issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Sometimes I wonder if we in the Deise are on a different planet to Met E

No, just a different part of a large country ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Monday night was way worst than last night in Dublin. A heavy rain shower this morning but nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

New thread needed snow warning issued for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

So create one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Jaysus a warning for some ice and small bit of snow!!

What bloody next, this is becoming a bloody joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Jaysus a warning for some ice and small bit of snow!!

What bloody next, this is becoming a bloody joke.

Well then don't bother posting or reading the forum .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I am flying to US on Sunday, would we expect the heavy winds to be fully gone by then?

Advertisement