Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Gertrude - January 29th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Gets fairly misty here, cant see much drying in that. (West Clare)

No rain here at the minute, im sure its not far away though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

18z look similar or a tad lighter. Looks like between 02.00 and 05.00 are the strongest winds in the W / NW / N of the country

Hgdu8bM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The rainfall radar shows absolutely no rain over Ireland at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

Thought radar was broke when I saw that.

Whats occurrin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Strange about the radar because it's fairly coming down in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Great drying out there now, wind has picked up considerably in the last half hour here in north meath

Drying???
    I'll be lucky to still have my washing line in my own yard in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Fairly blushtery out there now.. Doors a banging in the house! In north Dublin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The 18z ARPEGE and GFS has strong gusts running across the Northern half of the country past 07.00

8K8dpz7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wind increasing steadily in North County Dublin.

A windy night right across the country.

Will be cranking up for next several hours. Peaking west around 6am, east coast around 9am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Just got some hell of a gust there 2 minutes ago in swords north co. Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Dublin max predicted gust up from 46 to 51 tomorrow
    TEMPO 2905/2907 23032G51KT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gusting a little under 90km/hr in Castlebar, but bone dry, have a friend from Kildare down and he thinks it's really severe, he does not believe it's normal for us this time of year and we are used to it, keeps asking if we have candles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Conditions aren't that bad yet in the Limerick area. It looks there will be a few hours of gale force winds from Getrude. We may have Henry from noon on Monday next lasting up to 24 hours according to the latest GFS run.

Finner reporting gusts of 115 km/hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Sweet Jesus... the wind just demolished my greenhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

It's times like this it'd be nice if the atlantic bouys worked properly. No wind readings from M3, M5 or M6.

Gusting over 114 km/hr now in Castlebar, very consistent gusts as well, could still get higher, rain has finally arrived also.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

Extremely windy in Louth, just woke me up with a very big gust. Wheelie bins are going for a spin out there I can see, emptied yesterday so no mess at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Manitoban wrote: »
    Extremely windy in Louth, just woke me up with a very big gust. Wheelie bins are going for a spin out there I can see, emptied yesterday so no mess at least.

Who doesnt bring their bins in with Level Orange Storm on the way! Wow just woke up here with the storm here in Donegal, incredible force came with a shower. Easily the worse this winter

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild loud night up here. South Kerry mountains 400 asl. Rain and hail and terrific gale gusts. Just when you think it has gone quiet,,, POW. Amazed and thankful my communications and power are still intact. A good knitting night it has been. Hope all out there are safe.. the greenhouse demolition reminds me of why there is no way would think of a polytunnel up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Gusting 55kts here at Dublin Airport, one A330 just gone around.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Gusting 55kts here at Dublin Airport, one A330 just gone around.

I'm sitting in an A321 waiting to take off in a few mins - might be bumpy

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Behind the Darkness

Very strong winds ardee louth, chimney downdraft like a whailing banshee, but thankfully dry at the moment .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Very loud gusts of wind here in north Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

First time in a long time the wind has woken me,sounds like I left the bedroom window open its that bad,Galway north

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Very bad just outside Athlone , We are on a slighly elevated location and wind is always an issue and I think this has been the worst in the 10 yrs we are here:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Nothing extreme here in Waterford, in fact probably only the 3rd windiest night this week tongue.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Grand morning in the north east, dry, clear sky and windy, cant ask for more then that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What are the chances of flight delays out of Dublin by 1630? Turboprop job...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Seems to have picked up here the last half hour in Dublin 10. Very strong winds and gusts. Rain was absolutley torrential a short while ago.

I can hear a few planes overhead

Advertisement