Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

When is the residents association meeting?
    I haven't seen it advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

Forumsie wrote: »
    Hi everyone, we are delighted to have secured a Heron in the latest release. This forum is brilliant and I'm sure we'll refer to it again and again so thanks to all who contribute.

We're starting to think about what we'll do to the house eg flooring, blinds etc and one thing I haven't noticed much information on is curtains/blinds/shutters. I'd love to know what people have done to the master bedroom in the heron. I was thinking shutters (depending on cost) but I'm not sure if the room will be dark enough? If not I guess it's curtains but I imagine the would nearly cost as much if they need to be bespoke

If anyone has any tips/ideas or even better, photos please could you share? Thanks

We're about to install shutters. For the ones in the bedrooms we got integrated blackout blinds (which are built into the shutter), so that could be an option...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

mooninite1 wrote: »
    We're about to install shutters. For the ones in the bedrooms we got integrated blackout blinds (which are built into the shutter), so that could be an option...

Oh that's interesting Mooninite! Would you mind pming me your supplier? An an approximate cost? I reckon they won't be cheap but it's an investment for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Hi
    Re residents meeting

If you go to the facebook page below it should be posted there or u could just send message to that page it is monitored by the committe. When I moved in I received a postcard with welcome from the association stating they have meeting on the 3rd monday of the month in the community center behind Romayos at 8pm
    I think for March because of St Patricks day the meeting might be on Tuesday so hopefully the facebook page will update..otherwise Ill let you know.
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/Royal-Canal-Park-Community-Association-222708581089590/&ved=2ahUKEwjoxsXg_rvZAhVhKMAKHaNPBncQjjgwHHoECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1tuEMijZ-usS1j3Lg4x4hz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I'd be curious to see these if you get pictures. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Mynameisonamap

hi mooninite1, would you mind PMing them to me too? We finally closed on ours and are living blind free until we make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

Hi guys, has anyone found the right height bar stool for the island in the kitchen?
    Standard height for most barstools seems to be from 65cm but the ledge on the island is a good bit lower...

elTenedor wrote: »
    Hi guys, has anyone found the right height bar stool for the island in the kitchen?
    Standard height for most barstools seems to be from 65cm but the ledge on the island is a good bit lower...

The ledge on ours is at table height.
    We just used an Ikea bench which we already had for ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

elTenedor wrote: »

We went with a bench also. Fits very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

Keithchap wrote: »
    Thanks, I have sometimes had to revert to using my mobile hotspot with 4G which is the same as you've described, I have 30GB on my sim free plan with Eir. You don't get great signals inside the houses though.

Hi Keith,

I have some good news. After three weeks of chasing Vodaphone and Eir, I finally got Fibre connection this week.

Dealing with Eir customer services was a pain in the neck, I received a different answer each time I called. Not mentioning there was one Eir representative who hunged up in the middle of the conversation. Zero replies to my emails. I wouldn't recommend contacting Eir at all.

Vodaphone was a lot better, in the end, I got one of the Vodaphone people to call Eir. In my case, it turned out the map that Eir used was out of date, it took Eir a few days to sort it out. Vodaphone then replaced my line with Fibre connection.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

We bought 3 of these bar stools from B&Q (on special @€;40 each).... https://www.diy.com/departments/lagan-black-chrome-effect-bar-stool-h-1090mm-w-450mm-pack-of-2/1771916_BQ.prd
    - I'd be fairly confident the exact same ones are available from Argos/Others just under a different brand.

Ideally they could be a little lower but we are happy & they work really well for us.

Here are some photos

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

MasterSun wrote: »
    Hi Keith,

I have some good news. After three weeks of chasing Vodaphone and Eir, I finally got Fibre connection this week.

Dealing with Eir customer services was a pain in the neck, I received a different answer each time I called. Not mentioning there was one Eir representative who hunged up in the middle of the conversation. Zero replies to my emails. I wouldn't recommend contacting Eir at all.

Vodaphone was a lot better, in the end, I got one of the Vodaphone people to call Eir. In my case, it turned out the map that Eir used was out of date, it took Eir a few days to sort it out. Vodaphone then replaced my line with Fibre connection.

Hope this helps

That's great news thanks :-)

Any particular person or department I should talk to?

I'll call them first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

To anyone who got a shed:

- Did you need to get planning permission?
    - has there been any issues with the management company?
    - did the shed company have any issues with getting it into the terrace garden?

I can see a few out my back window, and all are higher than the fence at the roof apex.
    I want to be sure there wont be any issues, as the plan is to get a steel shed that would be more secure than a wooden one, for storage of bikes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

MasterSun wrote: »
    Hi Keith,

Vodaphone was a lot better, in the end, I got one of the Vodaphone people to call Eir. In my case, it turned out the map that Eir used was out of date, it took Eir a few days to sort it out.  Vodaphone then replaced my line with Fibre connection.

Hope this helps

That's great news thanks :-)

Any particular person or department I should talk to?

I'll call them first thing in the morning.
    NP, PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

fret_wimp2 wrote: »

I can see a few out my back window, and all are higher than the fence at the roof apex.
    I want to be sure there wont be any issues, as the plan is to get a steel shed that would be more secure than a wooden one, for storage of bikes etc.
    I didn't ask for a planning permission, even though the very top of the roof is about 4 inches over the fence. This was before the management company sent the planning permission letter, but I think that as long as you're sensible about the shed and don't try to build a second house in your backyard, it shouldn't be an issue. I don't have a base for that statement, though; just mere hope that people are decent.

We got a wooden shed (was thinking about steel, but was told I'd need a concrete base for that), and at 6x8 feet they were able to carry the parts through the house.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »

We got one with a pitched roof so it's lower than the boundary wall, got it in Barrel board so it would be stronger.

I have a a fair few moving boxes to give away if anyone is interested?

Any takers? About 30 boxes altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

Hi. I still haven't got my head totally around the heating so this may be a silly question.
    The radiators are cooling down every night but they are hot all day. I'm presuming I have some time set that I'm not aware of but I don't want to change any of the settings?

If anyone has any hints or tips that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Hi. I still haven't got my head totally around the heating so this may be a silly question.
    The radiators are cooling down every night but they are hot all day. I'm presuming I have some time set that I'm not aware of but I don't want to change any of the settings?

If anyone has any hints or tips that would be great.

If you have time settings on they’ll be on the control panel in the utility room.
    Should be set to some version of always on.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

If you have time settings on they’ll be on the control panel in the utility room.
    Should be set to some version of always on.

• Advertisement

6BTBfEH.jpg

6rMKSxT.jpg

bqrxbrj.jpg

MzEuCUe.jpg

1) The pressure Gauge
    2) The filling loop valve
    3) Additional opening valve for filling
    4) Heat pump return

A) You have to check the pressure gauge, the position of the red hand is fixed, the black hand underneath needs to be in line with the red one.

B) If it's not in line with the red one you need to open (2) The filling loop valve

C) If nothing happens to your pressure it is because the (3) additional valve is closed, use a screw driver to open that, that can be left open

D) Repeat step B

E) If you put too much pressure in use (4) Heat pump return to release it.

P.S. the heating doesn't need to be off when doing this.

Reposting due to the current weather.

We got the dreaded ERRR ND DEFROST message again this morning, I know we aren't the only one's. We just did this and it fixed our system, back up and running now.

Go to main menu > commissioning > heat pump reset > click ok > enter code 1000
    Now go outside and restart the a2w using the trip switch in the fuse box on the wall.
    Then go back to you boiler and flick the reset

If that doesn't work switch the boiler from programmed operation to emergency operation and call joule.

We got the dreaded ERRR ND DEFROST message again this morning, I know we aren't the only one's. We just did this and it fixed our system, back up and running now.

Go to main menu > commissioning > heat pump reset > click ok > enter code 1000
    Now go outside and restart the a2w using the trip switch in the fuse box on the wall.
    Then go back to you boiler and flick the reset

If that doesn't work switch the boiler from programmed operation to emergency operation and call joule.

Anyone else get this error during this cold spell?

Not yet..
    Touch wood.

Did you just notice heating stopped or was there an alarm sounded?

Has it happened you before.
    Maybe post pic of your errors list and others could check if they have anything similar.

Not yet..
    Touch wood.

Maybe post pic of your errors list and others could check if they have anything similar.

Yeh this is the 4th time our system has failed since we moved in in November, we've been through ther ringer, and from talking to people in our block more people have had problems than not. I'm getting a bit fed up at this stage, it doesn't bode well that the heating fails when the temperature drops below 0 for a fair few people. It's merely inconvenient now as you have to wait for Joule to fix it however will there be a point when it could start being expensive too, when will we have to pay for all these service calls and for parts to be replaced etc. This could cost way more than it's supposed to save.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Can anyone who bought a house in the previous phase remember how they were told it would take for the build to be complete versus how long it actually took?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Can anyone who bought a house in the previous phase remember how they were told it would take for the build to be complete versus how long it actually took?

We were about a month after Ballymore said. Nowhere near what Sherry Fitzgerald said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

We were about a month after Ballymore said. Nowhere near what Sherry Fitzgerald said.

Can you remember how many months each of them said?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mynameisonamap

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Can you remember how many months each of them said?

We bought in the last phase - there were a few houses launched around May 17. Sherry Fitz said late November/early December for closing, then mid-December. Ballymore said January and we finally closed about 3 weeks ago. I wouldn't pay any heed to Sherry Fitz at all, any time I looked for updates from them they always got it wrong.

• Advertisement

Not yet..
    Touch wood.

Yeh this is the 4th time our system has failed since we moved in in November, we've been through ther ringer, and from talking to people in our block more people have had problems than not. I'm getting a bit fed up at this stage, it doesn't bode well that the heating fails when the temperature drops below 0 for a fair few people. It's merely inconvenient now as you have to wait for Joule to fix it however will there be a point when it could start being expensive too, when will we have to pay for all these service calls and for parts to be replaced etc. This could cost way more than it's supposed to save.

Have they mentioned what the root cause is. I would want to know so I could check with the others. The current weather will test them for sure.

Advertisement